Pod Your Reef

PICO

Mr. Glass

el fabuloso

Nice rock work! How many pounds? That's gonna look great once you start stocking, I can picture it already. :happy:

So what's the stocking plan?

I think that it is about six lbs.

I am planning on stocking it with a few small inverts, some zoos and zoas, and, a small, small goby.

:)

im thinking about the picotope. nice tank. I was going to start with that orig. but i decided to go with a mini bow 2.5 which I got for free in mint condition, but i ended up just using the tank. check it out if u want

im thinking about the picotope. nice tank. I was going to start with that orig. but i decided to go with a mini bow 2.5 which I got for free in mint condition, but i ended up just using the tank. check it out if u want

Those rock have some really good color.

Very nice

constantocean

trimma gobies

eviota gobies

neon blue striped gobies

tiger gobies

good choices for a 3 gal.

check em out!

el fabuloso
I think that it is about six lbs.

I am planning on stocking it with a few small inverts, some zoos and zoas, and, a small, small goby.

:)

You listed zoas twice did you mean mushrooms maybe? Ricordeas? Anyway it all sounds like a good plan. You should get some sexy shrimps so you can join the Sexy Club. ;)

You listed zoas twice did you mean mushrooms maybe? Ricordeas? Anyway it all sounds like a good plan. You should get some sexy shrimps so you can join the Sexy Club. ;)

lol :lol:

Sorry about the typo :blush:

In fact I have being looking into sexy shrimp.

I like them :happy:

I was also looking into clown gobies. Does it matter what color, because someone told me yellow clown goby? I looked it up and there were other colors. I thought that it was weird for color to matter.

How are Catalina Gobies? I saw them on liveaquaria and thought that they were a good looking fish.

Oh yeah! Are there any gobies that don't hide a lot?

Thanks

Reef Chicks

My yellow clown goby is truly a clown and loves to show off. He's always perched on a dead acro I have or out and about swimming from one coral to the other. In contrast, my blue clown goby is always hiding (they're in different tanks) or hanging out at the back of the tank. He's very shy. The blue, although beautiful, kinda blends in but the yellow surely stands out.

Sorry about the typo :blush:

In fact I have being looking into sexy shrimp.

I like them :happy:

I was also looking into clown gobies. Does it matter what color, because someone told me yellow clown goby? I looked it up and there were other colors. I thought that it was weird for color to matter.

How are Catalina Gobies? I saw them on liveaquaria and thought that they were a good looking fish.

Oh yeah! Are there any gobies that don't hide a lot?

Thanks

Catalina gobies are a cold water fish that need temps in the high 60's to low 70's.Not a good idea for a pico.

If your looking for a really cool goby check out greenbanded gobies. They are a very active and social fish.

constantocean
Catalina gobies are a cold water fish that need temps in the high 60's to low 70's.Not a good idea for a pico.

If your looking for a really cool goby check out greenbanded gobies. They are a very active and social fish.

Yeah, greenbandeds are pretty cool. harder to get your hands on tho. yellow clown gobies are awesome! such cute little fish.

Today:

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 2.5

Nitrate: 20

I did a 15% water change to lower the nitrate

:scarry:

Them I read the article on cycling. Did I just stall the process?

Oh well, I don't have enough money for anything anyway.

Sexy Shrimp
Oh well, I don't have enough money for anything anyway.

Probably for the best...lol

Looking nice!

Ok

One of my live rocks is filled with dark brown color. Small spots of purple is growing out of it. It has spread a little to the other rocks and sand. Is this good?

Ok

The brown is getting intence the sand is also getting brown.

Out of the brown, small purple dots are growing. I also found a small light purple spicky bug like crustation thing and there are many tiny tiny bug things on the glass. I think that the spicky thing is there mother. What should I do?

There are also small bubbles on the sand.

The things on the glass are probably pods or hydroid medusae. Both good. the purple spikey thing might be hard to ID without a good picture. If your camera has a manual focus, try using it to get a better picture. Try also not getting so close that you can't focus on it, set your camera to the highest resolution it can take, and then crop the image so you only see the part you need.

I got somw hermit crabs the other day them I went to a different LFS. I thought that my tank was done cycling but the guy told me other wise. He gave me a dead frozen silver side to put into the tank for ammonia. I trusted him and did it. The crabs are fine. Was this a good idea?

well, if there is ammonia or nitrite you shouldn't really add a CUC, but yeah some people put a piece of shrimp or something like that to "feed the cycle". just keep checking your parameters, when ammonia and nitrite reaches 0 you can add some snails to help with the algae

Archived