Pod Your Reef

Jeremai's Photos

jeremai

Thanks Kim. Yeah, the helipad is my new desktop background, lol.

And some good news regarding photo #4: those Joshua trees burned in a brush fire four years ago. I thought they didn't make it, but lo and behold there were fresh green heads at the bases of almost all the burned trees this morning.

You have no idea how excited I was to see that, after all this time. Nature ftw!! :happydance:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Kim. Yeah, the helipad is my new desktop background, lol.

And some good news regarding photo #4: those Joshua trees burned in a brush fire four years ago. I thought they didn't make it, but lo and behold there were fresh green heads at the bases of almost all the burned trees this morning.

You have no idea how excited I was to see that, after all this time. Nature ftw!! :happydance:

Ah, nature at it's best!

And yeah, I really like the helipad shot... though it would have been even cooler with a fish-eye. ;)

• 1 year later...

bump, for mediocrity. the wildflowers should be blooming in a couple weeks, so I went to scout the 'wettest' locations.

0314-1.jpg

0314-2.jpg

0314-3.jpg

0314-4.jpg

thanks. :)

the gimp has spent the last half hour trying to stitch a pano together. lol. :unsure:

maybe someday I'll try and make one of your little planets. :lol:

ugh. striated sky. I'm sick of messing with it.

also, none of the stereographic projections turned out presentable. :(

360 pano. I need some flat horizons lol. right after applying the filter:

rrplanet.jpg

and what's with the edge? the pano was cropped to exactly the same place on both sides. :huh:

Hmm, that's really strange... That was done with the hugin plugin for gimp? The only thing I can figure is that it wasn't able to match it up because the shots were at slightly different angles. :/

I do like how it actually makes the image itself round instead of stretching out the corners to make it square. And if you can sort out that edge matching problem, it'd be pretty darn good. Damn you and your awesome landscape! :P

I'm going to attempt the hugin standalone program again and manually enter the control points... blarg.

the pano was done with a different plugin, it just creates the layer masks and assembles them close to where they need to be. the polar coordinates filter comes prepackaged with gimp.

also, I'm not really invested enough to tweak it more lol.

el fabuloso

Purdy. I wanted to get out to Red Rock some time this weekend but my allergies have been so bad this past week. And the wind isn't helping. :(

Nice shots...

Here's a few....

HDR shot...little overdone, but I like the result

farm_shot.jpg

12 Photo stitch Big Bend

Big-Cloud-Edit.jpg

8 photo stich Big Bend

Untitled_Panorama8-Edit.jpg

• 1 month later...

oooh. aah. :)

My fav is the second one, though when I look at it I get the sensation that I'm falling sideways.

Archived