inTank Media Baskets

Miller's 2.5 Bowfront

pfc.miller

I dunno, I really think it's a perfectly harmless brittlestar and you're worrying about nothing.

And yes, a brittlestar can def. stay in that amt. of rock.

I've had brittlestars use small frags as their "home" on more than one occasion.

Also, brittlestars are pretty shy, so you only seeing it at night seems perfectly in character to me.

Or it could be an Aceteminophor.

Ok, Well Ive been thinking about starting a small pico tank for a long while now, and now finally started one. This site has inspired me alot to really get one up and going. The tank been set up for only two days and of course going threw the cycle process. Here are some pics of it so far.

024-1.jpg

The lights are off in the room

021.jpg

The live rock is MINT. Picked it up at the LFS. It has so much yummy stuff on it. It also has 2 small feather dusters and like 8 tiny ones on it along with alot of coraline and sponges. It does have about 3 aiptasia, but I'll get a them off soon, I might just inject them unless anyone suggust a different way?

023.jpg

The lights are on in the room and in tank when I took this pic

011.jpg

Lights are off in the tank

Well after the first day past I checked my tank the following morning. I seen a massive amount of these white stringy looking worms. I would take a pic but you would'nt be able to see them since the camera is crap when it comes to zooming in. Dont know if there good or bad but I'll have to research it more. Also I seen a small bug running along the sand bed. Only seen him for a second and then he ran off. He kind of looked like a bigger amphipod, mostly looking like the Gammaridean amphipod ( seems to be about 1-2 centimeters long ) Well I hope thats what it is at least. I cant wait till my tank finish threw cycle. Im going to test my water at the end of the week along with a water change so I'll have that up here. Thanks for looking and telling me your comments.

Im going to keep updating probley everyweek, so look for updates :)

nice rock!

B) great rock and set up PFC, hey i was wondering of ur light setup. Could you post a pic of the underside. Just wondering if i could take a peak under the light. awesome setup though and good luck getting the Hitchikers out. B)

Ok well im sorry I just checked my thread out and seen some new post. I'll send some of the pics of the light today or tomorrow. But my tank cycled real quick it seemed like. I bought more live rock the next day after my first pics so here it is now with some CUC which consist of 5 hermit crabs and 2 Astraea snails:

ha033.jpg

ha032.jpg

ha036.jpg

Yes I see the big GA I bought a peppermint shrimp and he took care of all of them but this one in the front of my tank. I might just end up joe juicin' him, my LFS is getting some now. Well hopefully I start getting some corals in a week or two just making sure my tank stays stable.

Tank looks great so far Will be following!!!

thanks alot. Oh and btw the peppermint shrimp ate the big GA in front of my tank, so im all clear with those. So corals might be coming in soon

• 2 weeks later...
tarajean0627

I would love to know what kind of filter you have on this and I am very interested in the DIY light system you have. Also how is the "worm" issue? did you get it out or was it really a Brittle Star?

Archived