Pod Your Reef

Junkitu's Monti House Tank Thread

junkitu

gulfsurfer101

I want a frag of everything on that top shelf especially that pretty orange looking thing on the top left off center. Very nice looking stuff in there and that reverse pokersar.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone. After seeing the growth in my nano I can't wait to see the corals in this tank fill out.

Gulfsurfer, that's an orange digi. There's actually a little piece growing on the same rock as the large purple digi colony above it. The two colonies are actually touching and not killing each other. I plan to frag them both soon so I can try to grow them together.

The pokerstar is growing well and is getting close to an acropora and a milli frag. We'll see who wins that battle. :scarry:

gulfsurfer101

I just put an order in for some pokerstar and should have the frag in tommorrow so I'm really happy about that. I remember looking at that reverse pokerstar frag of yours on that reefhobyist magazine and it has been on my list ever since. That orange digi looks almost velvety smooth. This is definatley a tank to be proud of. Keep up with the awsome pics.

The pokerstar is growing well and is getting close to an acropora and a milli frag. We'll see who wins that battle. :scarry:

I could tell you but it would be like ruining a good movie. All I can say is there is lots of slime and it aint pretty! :P

I could tell you but it would be like ruining a good movie. All I can say is there is lots of slime and it aint pretty! :P

Great! :huh: Time to spread some fraggin love with the local reefers.

I really like your tank! I like the cove look. I also really like the variety of colors you have for your corals. My eyes kept drifting to that brain though. I cant wait to get one of those! Again, awesome tank!

I really like your tank! I like the cove look. I also really like the variety of colors you have for your corals. My eyes kept drifting to that brain though. I cant wait to get one of those! Again, awesome tank!

Thanks bagoegg! The multicolor brains are awesome and their feeding tentacles are relatively short so you don't need to worry too much about other coral around them being stung.

Good luck with your Aquapod. I've had one at work for about 2.5 years and I love it.

• 1 month later...
your tank looks amazing like always! bet your gonna get totm and it doesn't even look fully stocked yet :lol::D

Here you go :)

Top left

IM000168.jpg

Purple polyped acro colony

IM000149.jpg

Sunset monti growth

IM000157.jpg

Rose polyped cap starting to fold

IM000169.jpg

Clam bed in the cove

IM000185.jpg

From a fellow Pinoy reefer....Wow! You really have great tanks and husbandry skills! Very colorful! Wish I could make my tank as colorful as yours!

Thanks bro. Have you checked out ReefPhilippines.com?

Wow! Your getting some really nice growth, just noticed on my birdsnest how much growth I'm getting. I love seeing sps turn frun little frags to big colonies. I got my birdsnest as a mini colony though and it was pretty big unti I broke it in half accidentally.

Wow, what a lineup of responses from well respected nano-reefers...Marvin, Nick, Proraptor (not propagator :)) and Wai. Thanks fellas. I'll get more pics posted soon.

Thanks bro. Have you checked out ReefPhilippines.com?

Yep! Im also a member of ReefPhilippines. Saw your thread there also! Very nice! Correction...Very Very Nice! Wish I could make my tank look as good as yours!

Your tank continue to inspire many of us. More pictures.

Here you go. The tank still has a lot of growing to do but I'm pretty happy with the colors and textures so far. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Got a new fish...it lives in a cave under my orange digi.

IM000006.jpg

Here are some shots of the tank...

Right side with the tyree blue polyped cap in middle of the pic

IM000008.jpg

Clam bed in the left side of the cove

IM000010.jpg

Top shelf

IM000012.jpg

FTS

IM000017.jpg

Here are some actinic shots after the halide photoperiod.

FTS

IM000020.jpg

Yellow Swallowtail Angel in the cove under actinics

IM000021.jpg

Bali brain showing its colors

IM000025.jpg

Pychaedelic cutie...

IM000034.jpg

Here you go. The tank still has a lot of growing to do but I'm pretty happy with the colors and textures so far. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Got a new fish...it lives in a cave under my orange digi.

IM000006.jpg

Nice Odonanthias borbonius there Junkitu! My LFS go a pair in about a year ago and I wanted one so bad, they're gourgeous fish. Just watch it cause one of them was a good 6" long and I heard they get a bit bigger and can be mean cause after all they're related to groupers. I think they're shrimp safe though.

Also if you don't mind me asking.....how much did that litte dude set you back? I've seen them go from $80-$300 online and at LFSs.

Archived