• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bzphotog

• latteslave

• Kirin1

• xxReidxx

here is a better pic..... I caught it to for photo. very amazing to look at.

its back in the tank safely - its only the size of a CDN 2 dollar coin

3294289688_7cd6ea65bc_o.jpg

Edited by bzphotog

Looks like a glass anemone here, Aiptasia. Best to get rid of it now before it starts to spread.

3285645455_b604e85dd3_o.jpg

Tagging along for future updates. All is going well here, love the chronology you are posting.

Edited by spanko

I agree about the Aiptasia...I found many on an 8lb rock I got. I put three peppermint shrimp in a 5 gal Eclipse and ALL Aiptasia were gone in less than two weeks...even the big one that moved three times.

Excellent build. From what I can see you put the barrier wall lengthwise along the tank...did I see that right? If so, that's a new spin on other builds I've seen.

Thanks for your comments. Ya the aptasia is something I dont need in the tank. I put 2 peps in the tank and they both died. However all is good in the tank. Im guessing that a rock crab that I have in there killed them. I will be putting the crab in the fuge. it looks pretty cool and I would hate to kill it.

I also have a 60cc syringe and an 18gage needle and thinner so maybe I could use those with the popular methods.

I agree about the Aiptasia...I found many on an 8lb rock I got. I put three peppermint shrimp in a 5 gal Eclipse and ALL Aiptasia were gone in less than two weeks...even the big one that moved three times.

Excellent build. From what I can see you put the barrier wall lengthwise along the tank...did I see that right? If so, that's a new spin on other builds I've seen.

Ya there is a barrier there Plexi glass I believe. This spin on building isnt that original since its a basic All In One (AIO) build for a 10 gal with a MJ 900. There are many variations of this kind of build.

Hey! I like your aquarium a lot. And I can see why you were asking about the fuge light, I gutted one of those desk lamps that look like the "I" in PIXAR and took the ballast and lamp out of it. It's the only way I could find those long flat/skinny PC lights.

Bzphotog, what do you shoot with? Nice macro shots!

Thanks. I use,

Canon 40D

50mm f1.8 (stepped down to f4-f11)

$10 macro rings from ebay.

Remote

Tripod.