Innovative Marine Aquariums

** 10 gallon Hat - lots of pics just uploaded**

bzphotog

If you don't mind turning that first rock with the zoa polyp on it, it'll get better light. You can see that it is already stretching to get more. Then you'll just need to wait to see what color it is. :happy:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bzphotog

• latteslave

• Kirin1

• xxReidxx

If you don't mind turning that first rock with the zoa polyp on it, it'll get better light. You can see that it is already stretching to get more. Then you'll just need to wait to see what color it is. :happy:

some polyps stretch out naturally. i have a species of paly that is like 3 inches long and then recedes to 1.5 inches at night. i think it should be fine...the polyp isnt even shaded....

So Day 2

Thanks for all the ideas... I turned the rock because of previous suggestion but also to expose a small red and white feather duster.. I have about 5 feather dusters in there and all look cool.

The benefit of getting uncured rock, you get some life with it... I also have a couple of Brachiopods in the rocks.

There was also a small red worm like thing crawling around but it only had 6 legs so not a bristle worm.

Ill try to get some pics of the feather duster.

B

Edited by bzphotog
So Day 2

Thanks for all the ideas... I turned the rock because of previous suggestion but also to expose a small red and white feather duster.. I have about 5 feather dusters in there and all look cool.

The benefit of getting uncured rock, you get some life with it... I also have a couple of Brachiopods in the rocks.

There was also a small red worm like thing crawling around but it only had 6 legs so not a britle worm.

Ill try to get some pics of the feather duster.

B

in my experience putting feather dusters into light after being in darkness is a bad thing. every time i did this featherdusters would die... its not because i feed them. i always dosed phyto.

So Day 3

The tank is coming more alive everyday copepods are swimming around... More feather dusters are popping out very cool.

A new crab came from hiding... any id could see any in the archive.

3190631546_26d0e6ebdb_o.jpg

3190631290_c471740e15_o.jpg

A red feather duster.

3190630878_d4808db468_o.jpg

Edited by bzphotog
So Day 3

The tank is coming more alive everyday copepods are swimming around... More feather dusters are popping out very cool.

A new crab came from hiding... any id could see any in the archive.

3190631546_26d0e6ebdb_o.jpg

3190631290_c471740e15_o.jpg

A red feather duster.

3190630878_d4808db468_o.jpg

nice you got a coco worm!

sorry but i have no idea what kind of crab that is but in my experience the hairier the crab. the more dangerous... just a word of caution

Day 5

The temp. sits between 82-83F I would like this lower. I think the MJ900 is what heats up the water more than the lights.

Still cycling... A lot if different life popped up over the last couple of days.

I checked for nocturnal animals with a flash light and found this weird tentacle was on my rock. It was afraid of light, it would retreat if I shined the flash light on it.

Any one know what this thing is?

3194609239_399127481e_b.jpg

NOT THE GREEN THING

Edited by bzphotog
I would blow a fan across the surface, just watch evap.....

i agree with Nite, in my expierence 1 or 2 small computer fans seem to keep my tanks between 77-78. By the way, you off to a great start, keep up the good work. -_-

So i have control over my temp it seems that my heater was set too high b/c it runs a couple deg hotter than dial.... so truned down and stays at 80f. We'll see the consistency but so far so good

Just want to say thanks to all that are taking a look at the tank's progess... I take it that if there are minimal comments with over 4600 views I am doing something right Thanks.

Mischeif Nite
Just want to say thanks to all that are taking a look at the tank's progess... I take it that if there are minimal comments with over 4600 views I am doing something right Thanks.

You're exactly right.....but, if you want some comments just throw a Tang in there

Day 7

1 week has gone by and diatoms are covering my LR and LS. Evap is slower than expected and things are stable and working.

Did a first water test:

Temp: 81

Salinity: 10.25

PH 7.8

Alk 2.5meq/L = ppm

Ammon: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: <10 milliters/ Liter = ppm.

Prolly lower as my test was way lighter than the test tube as it only went down to 10.

So any advice for the next step as the cycle comes to an end? What can I expect now.

Thanks

Edited by bzphotog

Hi all

5000 + views thanks...

my LFS is sold out of all CUC !!!!!!! wow each tank said "all sold" on each snail tank I was dissapointed but they are getting more in on thurs...

and its even better as the tank matures those couple more days.

No pic cause well nothing has changed.