ddk997

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:

P0119.jpg

About 1 and a half month into.

P0120.jpg

White-leg hermit chillin by some purple coralline?

Did a weekly water change today. I believe the peppermint has eaten the aip. but im not sure. (it isnt there though :huh: ) Two days ago I was complainin about how the peppermint never comes out, well today it actually came out, and didnt seem scared at all. Still goes back to the hiding spot after grabbing a pellet.

I plan on adding some Zoa's and Ricordea's as my first corals. Also a frogspawn.

Will these need any specific food??

disaster999

feeding the ric some mysis shrimp once in a while would do them good. people say they grow faster, but i have yet to see any growth on mine. you CAN feed the frogspawn some mysis shrimp but not needed. mine grows like crazy and i never fed it.

Update:

I went to the LFS today and purchased a Hammer Coral. I hope the peppermint shrimp doesn't attack it because I ran into a forum today that some people encountered this with their peppermint shrimp.

I really need to buy a new camera, as it wont really show in the photo. The hammer under actanics has very vivid blue/green tips. Really colorful I wish I had a better camera.

The guy had me purchase some H20 Coral food. I hope H20 is a good brand.

P0121.jpg

P0122.jpg

I took these photos right after acclaimation so some hammers didnt get the chance to stretch out. I will TRY to get a better photo tomorrow. At night with the nite-led i can actually see some mouths in the center

Sexy Shrimp

I love my hammer and I think you will too. My clowns have just started hosting it too.

The method I use for acclimitisation is to add a cupful of water to the bag every 10 mins (and remove a cupful) over a period of an hour. This is with the bag floating in the tank. I always find with dripping that the water goes cold...

I was told that if you bought it right from your LFS that you could take the coral out and put it directly right into your tank. Thats what I did, im not sure if that was the correct way or not, so far, its looking good. :D

I tried to get better pictures today and I also change the aquascaping because it really wasn't coral friendly setup. Tell me what you think?

P0128.jpg

Front Tank - New aquascaping

P0129.jpg

Front Tank- Left side view

P0130.jpg

Front Tank - Right side view

P0125.jpg

Coral Hammer under actanics

disaster999

looks like the hammer still havent really fully extended yet, give it some time to adjust to your tank. tank is coming along nicely

Update:

All water Parameters are looking good. The left side of the hammer isn't looking very good. I believe its dying or already dead. The right side still seems to be healthy except a tiny spot where the tenticles seemed to be gone?. What should I do ??? Please help. I am starting to believe that I shouldn't have just brought the coral straight from the LFS then dropped it right in my tank, I might of shocked it... :mellow:

What should I do with the coral? Anyone please help. I might have to throw it out :mellow:

My LFS is having a huge order of clownfish in tomorrow which I will be going into ASAP to grab two of them. He said that they had 1,000 clownfish go in four days.

Update:

So I went in to the LFS excited to purchase my clownfish, to find out they still did not have them in stock. Now I am having a change of heart, and thinking maybe I should purchase one true percula and one false. Would they get along?

- Or Im I better off staying with black and white with the false? I just think that for some reason True Percula gives off a more vivid color. Which is what I really want.

- Two of my six, Astrea was found flipped. I believe they fell overnight close to where the powerhead are blowing fairly strong, and couldn't position themselves back up. So my next reef tank : NO ASTREA'S! (even though they seem like vacums!)

- I caught two white-legs at the very top of the tank on the liverock, near the powerhead. One was trying to climb up the powerhead (IT DID MAKE IT SOMEHOW) and one was sitting behind it, possibly cheering him on! :lol:

P0137.jpg

- My peppermint shrimp is really social now for some reason. Its not afraid to come out during the day anymore, although the Pom-pom still pretty shy, and comes out only at night. I heard peppermint shrimps do better in pair...should I get another one?

• 1 year later...

Bringing the Tank back to life after six to seven months, after a terrible week long without power where a huge ice storm wiped out the entire northeast.

2010-02-02_11_43_09.jpg

2010-02-02_11_43_24.jpg

2/2/2010 future-

- Live sand to seed the dead rocks and bed

- Reef Scavengers CUC

Nano Package

10 Nass S

8 Nerite S

8 Blue/White Hermit

3 Scarlet Reef

1 Porcelin Crab

1 Emerald Crab

- Two False Clowns

- Cleaner Shrimp

- A possible goby, maybe fire fish again.

Archived