Innovative Marine Aquariums

February 2008 - c est ma

Christopher Marks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Diane!

5.5 gals of wonder and awe who's FTS suck you into a world of beauty that inspires us all.

Some well deserved recognition for such an achievement by one of N-R's star members!

A member who we are all fortunate to have among us.

WELL DONE!! :bowdown:

Thank you, everyone! Once again, you're all too kind. Needreefunds, you make me blush. :blush:

:)

Congrats good looking lil tank. I have but one question can you explain your sump to me I might want to try it how do you get water into the 2 gal.?

Xtank,

The 2 gal is connected with a large U-tube siphon:

dscn6747irfan9pa4.jpg

For more info on the 'fuge set-up, see this post in my tank thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1454796

HTH,

--Diane

lilredneckman

Wow Diane! I have said it many times before and i will say it again. Your tank is one of the greatest tanks here on N-R. I have always loved it and always will. You deserve this!!

Congrats Diane! :)

Let's go Giants!!! too much beer pong!

Btw very nice tank. I have been following it for a long time now..... go Giants!!!!

Yay congrats Diane!

I dunno who the committee for picking these reef profiles is comprised of, but they're doing a stand-up job so far!

Diane your tank is fabulous! And I know fabulous. ;)

It’s very inspiring to see how great a small simple tank can look with a little patience, determination and an understanding of Maslow's hierarchy of needs! lol I absolutely love the story behind your tank and every single one of its inhabitants—they’re every bit as engaging as they are informative. Your tank is definitely worthy of its title.

:bowdown:

Congratulations, Diane. Your little captive world is truly deserving of being picked as Nano-Reef's Tank of the Month. And I have always appreciated your observation and interpretive commentary skills SO MUCH - you're one of the highlights of the forum!

Your tank is awesome! I have a 5.5 that I rescued out of the trash and I have to say that after seeing your tank it is tough to leave that thing sitting in the basement. I may have to set up my own "dirty softies" tank in the near future. Great job and congratulations :D

Thank you so much, everyone! N-R won't let me quote you all (exceeds allowable limits), but I really, really appreciate all the kind comments.

Wow Diane! I have said it many times before and i will say it again. Your tank is one of the greatest tanks here on N-R. I have always loved it and always will. You deserve this!!

You are a sweetheart. :)

Congratulations! Your tank is looking better every year! Here's a bouquet for you! :flower:

You are a sweetheart, too! Thanks for the flower. :D

Yay congrats Diane!

I dunno who the committee for picking these reef profiles is comprised of, but they're doing a stand-up job so far!

So nice to hear from you--I feel as if we go "way back." :D Thanks!

Diane your tank is fabulous! And I know fabulous. ;)

It’s very inspiring to see how great a small simple tank can look with a little patience, determination and an understanding of Maslow's hierarchy of needs! lol I absolutely love the story behind your tank and every single one of its inhabitants—they’re every bit as engaging as they are informative. Your tank is definitely worthy of its title.

Ah, you are so nice! Glad you liked the story--I had some trouble producing it...sounded dumber each time I reread it... <_<

I'm really not comfortable tooting my own horn...

It's reassuring to have the 'Fabulous' Seal of Approval. :D

Congratulations, Diane. Your little captive world is truly deserving of being picked as Nano-Reef's Tank of the Month. And I have always appreciated your observation and interpretive commentary skills SO MUCH - you're one of the highlights of the forum!

Thank you so much! I am blushing...

Congrats!!! How many rics did you actually buy? Those things are expensive!!

Yes, well...one of the advantages of a 5.5 is that it fills up quickly. Advantages pocket-book wise, that is. I guess I usually bought one of each kind of ric, occasionally two if they were on the same small rock. I did pay what for me was big bucks for some of them. $50 for the first orange polyp...about that for the rock of 2 pinks. But the others were smaller and less expensive, maybe averaging $15 a piece. Luckily they have multiplied/grown nicely for me. In fact, I really need to start thinning soon...

Your tank is awesome! I have a 5.5 that I rescued out of the trash and I have to say that after seeing your tank it is tough to leave that thing sitting in the basement. I may have to set up my own "dirty softies" tank in the near future. Great job and congratulations

Thank you! I will have to be on the lookout for a tank thread by you!

c est ma light heartedly refers to her reef as a "dirty softy" tank in this great thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1236398

And thank you for supplying the answer! NanoCube-boy, the term "dirty softies tank" was one I ran across on N-R well before I actually had one myself. It refers to the fact that many softies seem to thrive best in tanks that are rather nutrient-rich, compared to the uber-clean conditions that favor many sps, for instance. Turns out to be a husbandry style that suits my ambitions perfectly...I'm not sure it goes so far as to include plenty of detritus, etc., but I've got that covered too, just in case. :lol:

Renee (seahorsedreams), thank you. That means a lot coming from someone with your expertise.

Most gratefully,

--Diane

Edit the second: OK, after getting inconsistent scoldings as to the number of emoticons I can use (and after removing most of the ones from those I quoted), I see that N-R has still had its way. Apparently, if you exceed the number, they just don't appear as actual pictures. Well, I guess y'all can still tell what they are. :)

I love this tank! I'm so happy you got TOTM, this one is certainly worth an award or 2 or 3! It's an awesome job; I have to congratulate you for taking on this type of task. My Mom changes water on her own when you can't see rocks anymore, she's not into like you are. Anyway, congrats on the tank, it's my favorite besides our own.

Diane,

Your tank is absolutely amazing! Great job bringing it back to life!!

~Andrew

Hey Andrew, nice to hear from you! Thanks for checking in and for the kind words. :)

I love this tank! I'm so happy you got TOTM, this one is certainly worth an award or 2 or 3! It's an awesome job; I have to congratulate you for taking on this type of task. My Mom changes water on her own when you can't see rocks anymore, she's not into like you are. Anyway, congrats on the tank, it's my favorite besides our own.

:welcome: to Nano-Reef! We've heard a lot about you...:lol:

J/k--only a little, and it was all good.

Thank you so much. Your Mom's tank-cleaning philosophy is my house-cleaning philosophy. :D If the Board of Health shows up, I hope they really like coral...

Let me start off by saying your tank *is* amazing.

Your patience and persistance are staggering.

But that write up about your tank, wow. I havnt read all the congratulatory posts, and im not sure if anyone mentioned this, but that write up was fantastic. It really gave a great insight into the evolution of not only your tank, but your passion with the hobby itself. I admire your patience and persistance in pursuing the end goal if there is such a thing. I wish I had that, I find it hard to be so atentative with such a small tank ( mine is 10) especially when things go haywire here and there. Your post gave me hopes that someday I may find myself with a tiny replica of the reefs that is as exquisite as yours.

Thank you and congratulations.

Archived