Innovative Marine Aquariums

PodRod's Solana Therapy

PodRod

Thanks Adam - you're welcome to come over any time. You're getting some new frags today - right? Be sure to post some pics once they get aclimated.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, got some new frags this afternoon...check out the thread for more details. I am going to put up some pics on Monday.

dailydriven911
nice arrangement of corals.

the tank is really clean too!

Nice job on the Solana everything looks super happy and healthy! :D

Nice job on the Solana everything looks super happy and healthy! :D

Thanks Dailydriven! I'm really liking this tank. I have a couple more clams coming next week so I'll post some updated pics once they acclimate.

friedrice2841
Bummer - my female clown decided to jump into the back chamber of my tank and she died on the filter sponge. I know this can and does happen with an open top but I just hate to lose a fish. My other clown seems sad and is hiding in the corner of my tank. I plan on replacing her tomorrow - should I purchase a larger clown to keep the male/female size the same or would it be better to purchase a smaller one and let the existing clown be the dominant?

Sorry to hear about your clown fish. I lost one on the carpet. I decided to make a top out of light diffuser (egg crate). Seems to work well (at least I haven't lost anymore fish).

Good luck with your tank.

Sorry to hear about your clown fish. I lost one on the carpet. I decided to make a top out of light diffuser (egg crate). Seems to work well (at least I haven't lost anymore fish).

Good luck with your tank.

I've been thinking about a top but I don't want to dilute my lighting. Have you found that to be true? It was a real bummer to lose that clown because she had very interesting marks. Oh well, the male seems happy with his new woman so I guess all is well... :)

Wow - I didn't realize I needed more flow until I added a second Tunze 6025 today. The water is really moving now and all the corals are perked up. The polyps on the SPS have really expanded with the increased flow. I guess I should have done that to start with. :)

Hey PodRod. Just checking in to see how things are going with you. Did you ever get your clams in? Any more pics of the tank?

How is the fan working out for you?

I will be setting up using similar equipment and trying to avoid having to use a chiller right now. Checked the dimensions and the 4fan unit is too big so I am limited to the 2fan.

Hey PodRod. Just checking in to see how things are going with you. Did you ever get your clams in? Any more pics of the tank?

Hey Adam,

The clams are suppose to be hear this week. One had a little mantle damage when Cherry Corals got it in so we decided to give it some time for healing. I got a Mag Rack to hold my frags and have made some minor changes. I'll post some updated picks once the new clams get here.

How is the fan working out for you?

I will be setting up using similar equipment and trying to avoid having to use a chiller right now. Checked the dimensions and the 4fan unit is too big so I am limited to the 2fan.

The fan has so far worked perfectly. Keep in mind, I didn't set it up until December so we've not been through hot weather yet. I do have a chiller but I don't want to use it unless I have to. This week our temps got up to the mid 80s and I noticed the fan struggling to maintain the desired temp. When the house became too warm and I had to kick on the ac, the fan did just fine. I think the only issue I will have it spring/fall when when it's "window" weather.

Looking good so far.

BTW, you picked a great day to set up your tank ;)

I set up my tank on the exact same day.

Looking good so far.

BTW, you picked a great day to set up your tank ;)

I set up my tank on the exact same day.

It was a good day to set up a tank wasn't it! I just read through your thread and you've had some awesome growth. I love the blue shrooms and the open brain - nice tank!

Hey PodRod....did you get your new Cap(s) in the other day? Look forward to seeing some more pics of your beautiful tank.

Hey PodRod....did you get your new Cap(s) in the other day? Look forward to seeing some more pics of your beautiful tank.

I got my new clams yesterday and a very nice purple cap. I'm doing my weekly water change tomorrow and will be taking pics to post once the water clears up. Have you ever considered a clam for your tank? I have one too many and need to find a good home for a small maxima. Just let me know - it's beautiful and all yours if you want it!

I got my new clams yesterday and a very nice purple cap. I'm doing my weekly water change tomorrow and will be taking pics to post once the water clears up. Have you ever considered a clam for your tank? I have one too many and need to find a good home for a small maxima. Just let me know - it's beautiful and all yours if you want it!

I have considered a clam many times and never just took the plunge. I definitely think I could house one since I have enough light and the tank is nice and mature. Are you sure? I would LOVE to have one. Just PM me and we can figure out a good time for me to come over.

revaltion131

First off, I love what you've done with your tank so far. It looks great!

I'm purchasing a Solana from my LFS next week and was just wondering if you have any images showing where and how you set up your heater? I know the brochure says a "dedicated heater area" but I'm certain the tank doesn't come with the heater itself, which is no big deal for me. I'm just interested in finding out how others have integrated it.

First off, I love what you've done with your tank so far. It looks great!

I'm purchasing a Solana from my LFS next week and was just wondering if you have any images showing where and how you set up your heater? I know the brochure says a "dedicated heater area" but I'm certain the tank doesn't come with the heater itself, which is no big deal for me. I'm just interested in finding out how others have integrated it.

I don't have a pic but there is a place in the first chamber that is dedicated for the heater. It fits right beside the skimmer and there is just enough space for a heater to fit. Congats on your new tank - you'll love it!

I have considered a clam many times and never just took the plunge. I definitely think I could house one since I have enough light and the tank is nice and mature. Are you sure? I would LOVE to have one. Just PM me and we can figure out a good time for me to come over.

I just sent you a PM and yes, I'm sure. I know your tank is healthy and that you have the proper lighting so I'm sure it will do great in your tank. Just let me know what day/time works for you!

I moved one rock over the weekend and my aquascape fell like a house of cards! I spent an entire evening putting it back together and only suffered minor damage. I broke a couple of acro frags and lost one porcelain crab. I'm tankful that no clams or fish were lost! I got some new clams so thought I'd post updated pics. Divecj5 instructed me on how to post pics, so hopefully this works.

FTS - Top Down

IMG_1670_edited-1.jpg

Top Down Right

IMG_1671_edited-1.jpg

Top Down Left

IMG_1673_edited-1.jpg

New Maxima

IMG_1663_edited-1.jpg

Baby Blue

IMG_1666_edited-1.jpg

El Diablo Palys

IMG_1667_edited-1.jpg

Neon Blue Crocea

IMG_1686_edited-1.jpg

Purple Monti Cap

IMG_1660_edited-1.jpg

Full Tank Shot

IMG_1680_edited-1.jpg

Uh oh.....looks like someone is getting the hang of the camera now. Pictures look great and they turned out pretty much exactly like what your tank looks like in person (which is very hard to do in my opinion).

Your clams are look even better than when I saw them on Monday. Great job with the pictures...now we will expect more in the future. Especially more of the great Montis that you have.

Uh oh.....looks like someone is getting the hang of the camera now. Pictures look great and they turned out pretty much exactly like what your tank looks like in person (which is very hard to do in my opinion).

Your clams are look even better than when I saw them on Monday. Great job with the pictures...now we will expect more in the future. Especially more of the great Montis that you have.

Hey, what can I say - I've been taking lessons from the Pro! :D

I would hardly say a pro....just glad that I was able to help you out. Looking back at the colors again they really pop in your pictures. Great job.

Hmmm - one of my double-mouthed orange rics simply disintegrated overnight. I noticed yesterday evening that is was looking bad and was in two pieces so I thought it has simply split. When the lights came on today, there was basically nothing left but brown slime. The other rics appear to be fine. Any idea what caused this - should I be alarmed? I did have a rock slide in my tank last week so I don't know if it got damaged or not. There have been no change to my water parameters...

Wow your clams are beautiful! Tank is looking great! :)

Thanks so much! I'm telling you though, the pic of the clam in the middle does not do justice. I can't seem to capture the true color. It's the most beautiful color I've ever seen on a clam. It's very iridescent with purple, blue, turquoise and green colors. It seems to glow for lack of a better word. It reminds me of the colors on posters under black lights (showing my age :o )...

Archived