StanD

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AquariumAddict
Sorry - no can do to Canada.

Pic -

21jrhfk.jpg

Wow! They look like freshwater ghost shrimp - they are neat looking!

PM sent!

Hi everyone,

I have been cultivating these live mysid shrimp in a 40 gallon tank for awhile now and need to thin out my stock. My seahorses have been going crazy for these guys and are very healthy. Keep in mind these are the saltwater variety and will live in your saltwater tanks if they can escape being eaten! They range in size from .25" - .375".

Here's a link to a video of 2 of my seahorses eating live mysis.

http://media.putfile.com/Feeding-Time85

I will add 10% extra shrimp in case of die-off during shipping. PM me if you have any questions and include your zip code so I can calculate shipping (specify overnight or priority please). No guarantees on live arrival unless overnight shipping is used. I will have roughly 500 shrimp available next week for pick up or shipping.

50 shrimp - $20 plus shipping

100 shrimp - $35 plus shipping

150 shrimp - $50 plus shipping

Sincerely,

Stan

PM sent. Thanks. :)

InTr4nceWeTrust

Bump for Stan. Great guy. Great shrimp. Just make sure you're setup won't kill the shrimp (small sump with an evil return pump : /)

hey stan,

you ever head north of irvine? i'm located where the 5/91 meet

let me know, I'll take $20 worth

and let me know how to keep some of them alive in my macro fuge :)

hey stan,

you ever head north of irvine? i'm located where the 5/91 meet

let me know, I'll take $20 worth

and let me know how to keep some of them alive in my macro fuge :)

ygpm.

Stephen-in-Va

Any chance I could get the same?

Would it be possible to get a breakdown of your mysis culturing system? (Either in this thread or via PM) I don't have any stock that would need them ATM, but I am curious how you are producing so many from a 40br.

This really is idle curiosity more than anything. I think mysids are fascinating, and so I spend almost as much time watching them zip around my refugium as I do watching my corals.

if i dumped these into chamber 1 of my BC29 with chaeto in it, whats the chance of the culture to grow?

Not good IMO. They might last a few weeks.

Hi Stan... I am interested in some mysis shrimp. Are these saltwater mysis? What are the shipping charges to 33024?

Thanks,

Cherie

Hi everyone,

I have been cultivating these live mysid shrimp in a 40 gallon tank for awhile now and need to thin out my stock. My seahorses have been going crazy for these guys and are very healthy. Keep in mind these are the saltwater variety and will live in your saltwater tanks if they can escape being eaten! They range in size from .25" - .375".

I will add 10% extra shrimp in case of die-off during shipping. PM me if you have any questions and include your zip code so I can calculate shipping (specify overnight or priority please). No guarantees on live arrival unless overnight shipping is used. I will have roughly 500 shrimp available next week for pick up or shipping.

Sincerely,

Stan

Please email at pidcoe8@bellsouth.net with the info!

Hi Stan... I am interested in some mysis shrimp. Are these saltwater mysis? What are the shipping charges to 33024?

Thanks,

Cherie

Hey Cherie -

They are the saltwater variety and will live in your reef tank. I give you the option to choose USPS Priority for $12 or USPS Express for $30.

Thanks,

Stan

Pick up in Irvine or Corona. Shipping prices a few posts above :)

50 live mysis - $20

100 live mysis - $35

150 live mysis - $50

PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Stan

• 11 months later...

Hi there, I found your message doing a search for live mysis shrimp. I noticed your post is older but I was wondering if you still cultivate then and sale them. if you do what is the cost and what would shipping be to 17580

Thanks

Miguel

Hi everyone,

Sincerely,

Stan

• 1 year later...

Archived