Cultivated Reef

FS: Live mysis shrimp - will ship

StanD

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
coralcrazy

Stan i will take the 150+ pack..it seems like i will be going seahorse again.....anyway i have had sea horse for a while...that was back then..i had 2 i fed them 3-4 times a day, but now i can't do that will these guys be okay in a refugium? Please let me know....also u looking for any BTA's?

Coralcrazy - YGPM :)

Shipping quote to 83316 please.

USPS Prioriy - $15 or USPS Express Overnight - $35. I only guarantee live arrival with Express shipping.

We had some cooler weather this past week so I decided to leave my culture alone until it heats up...I have some more shrimp available. $15 to ship via USPS Priority, $35 to ship overnight Express. Live arrival guarantee only on overnight shipping.

50 shrimp - $20 plus shipping

100 shrimp - $35 plus shipping

150 shrimp - $50 plus shipping

Sincerely,

Stan

ChrisIsBored
Thought of another question. Will these propogate in a refuge or do they require special cultural systems?

Mysis will definately propogate on their own if left in a refuge and without predation, however they're cannabalistic and without enough food, they'll prey on their own young. IME, their numbers roller coaster.. sometimes swelling and most times dwindling when left alone in a natural reef environment.

Sup Stan

You looking for any Tigriopus cp...I have a friend that is marketing and

shipping.

I dont really need something like that...but I still splashed in 8 oz

on my 75 gal...they should look like fleas tommorrow...LOL

Izzue

ChrisIsBored
OK, what would one feed them then?

I'm only about to start to try to take on the task of trying to cultivate them like StanD is doing, so he might know better than I would at this point, but from my readings i've determined that generally their diet consists of various types of zooplankton. Rotifers and/or baby brine-shrimp are a great source of food for young mysis, as adults their diet can consist or larger foods... anything your fish would generally eat. Reef Nutritions makes a Roti-Feast product which i've seen at my LFS for around $20, I plan to buy a bottle of that.

Would it be possible to get a breakdown of your mysis culturing system? (Either in this thread or via PM) I don't have any stock that would need them ATM, but I am curious how you are producing so many from a 40br.

This really is idle curiosity more than anything. I think mysids are fascinating, and so I spend almost as much time watching them zip around my refugium as I do watching my corals.

Would it be possible to get a breakdown of your mysis culturing system? (Either in this thread or via PM) I don't have any stock that would need them ATM, but I am curious how you are producing so many from a 40br.

This really is idle curiosity more than anything. I think mysids are fascinating, and so I spend almost as much time watching them zip around my refugium as I do watching my corals.

YGPM :)

send me a pm will a mandarin eat up on these guys??? I know they tear up copepods but what about mysis??? Might be worth while to try for anyone that has one?

• 2 weeks later...

every one needs to buy his shrimp......I still have them alive in my fuge after 9 months and a full breakdown and rebuild.

And it has cut my feeding down drastically.

every one needs to buy his shrimp......I still have them alive in my fuge after 9 months and a full breakdown and rebuild.

And it has cut my feeding down drastically.

Thanks Joe - my nano gobies are always full bellied and happy :)

• 2 months later...

Archived