Top Shelf Aquatics

My 34g solana rimless cube...

dailydriven911

dailydriven911

Thanks Christina! I actually did not change my lighting schedule. I noticed a couple corals lightened in color but everything has pretty much colored up. G/L with everything!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tank looks like it's doing awsome! I'm glad your switched out the bulb, the color of my SPS is crazy since switching . How about an updated close up pic of that tricolor nana? I'm shopping for one now and want to see how your's is coming along. Also, where the heck did you get a tunze skimmer for $90?

dailydriven911
The tank looks like it's doing awsome! I'm glad your switched out the bulb, the color of my SPS is crazy since switching . How about an updated close up pic of that tricolor nana? I'm shopping for one now and want to see how your's is coming along. Also, where the heck did you get a tunze skimmer for $90?

Thanks! Yeah the colors do pop more and along w/ the elos purist line and aminos things are really starting to look great! I have a pic a couple months ago, same color but just a bit larger now. I bought the skimmer used but it was in great condition. Here is the only pic I have...

solanacubepics628.jpg

dailydriven911
with no filter floss is there any negatives? Also do you have a loud trickeling noise without it

Nope none at all. I have cheato in the first chamber that acts as a filter. The only filter pad I have is the one in the overflow that I clean every 2-3 days.

dailydriven911
is your chaeto burning up due to being co close to the light in the back?

Actually it's funny you mentioned that. I just noticed last night that the cheato closest to the light started turning white. I moved the light a bit further back but so will see how it goes. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Did I see you mention you had a sump on your tank? Or are you just considering the back chamber a sump of sorts?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello? This is one awesome tank! How is the growth going?

I'll chime in here...

The tank is no longer.

Jayson decided to take it down, and wait until he can upgrade I believe.

I bought the tank from him, and will be setting it up soon... I hope!

• 2 weeks later...
dailydriven911

Yep thanks again David! Thanks everyone for the nice comments unfortunately the tank is gone. I might be crossing over to a 40b in the near future hopefully.

Jayson

Yep thanks again David! Thanks everyone for the nice comments unfortunately the tank is gone. I might be crossing over to a 40b in the near future hopefully.

Jayson

Hurry up!!! omgomgomg

I just want to drool over what you do with it!!! :bowdown:

I have zero doubt it will be amazing Jayson!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Not sure if people are still reading this thread, but I'm going to put this same skimmer in my tank - it will be here tomorrow.

Will it not fit in chamber 1? Do I have to put it in 2? If so, where would I put the lights I ordered from intank to make into a mini regigium?

Thakns!

Two k2's and a tunze 6025 along with the stock return.

Are you using the Tunze 9002 normal, or nano model?

I just bought a 9002 nano model and was curious if I needed to take off the magnet, or if it would fit as is.

thanks!

Two k2's and a tunze 6025 along with the stock return.

Are you using the Tunze 9002 normal, or nano model?

I just bought a 9002 nano model and was curious if I needed to take off the magnet, or if it would fit as is.

thanks!

Archived