Coral Vue Hydros

My 34g solana rimless cube...

dailydriven911

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dailydriven911

So last night I removed the 150w sunpod in favor of the Stealth mini Lumenarc equipped with a 250w de Reeflux 12k. I'm now using a 250w Icecap hqi ballast. I made the light support from a 60" piece of aluminum in which two pieces were cut from. I had a 48" and 18" piece cut and welded to make an "L" shape and then powdercoated black. On the back of the Solana stand there is a 4-5" piece that runs across the upper section of the stand. I figured out how high I wanted it above the tank and drilled the holes accordingly. I then drilled two holes in the aluminum to secure the Lumenarc using the screws that came w/ it. It's about 7" above the surface of the water. I'm loving the new look! I can actually view the entire tank surface and really get to enjoy the rimless part of the tank. :)

solanacubepics534.jpg

solanacubepics542.jpg

solanacubepics544.jpg

solanacubepics530.jpg

solanacubepics537.jpg

How do your hawk, fourline, and clowns get along? I'm considering getting the same hawk and wrasse for the 30g Finnex I'm setting up. Right now I have a tomato clown and yellow watchman in my 10g that will be moved into the new tank. I'm not so much concerned about the clown, but that the new fish might pick on the goby since he's so small.

dailydriven911
How do your hawk, fourline, and clowns get along? I'm considering getting the same hawk and wrasse for the 30g Finnex I'm setting up. Right now I have a tomato clown and yellow watchman in my 10g that will be moved into the new tank. I'm not so much concerned about the clown, but that the new fish might pick on the goby since he's so small.

Well they did get along... :) That is until I switched to bb and the hawk and fourline died in the transition. They all suprisingly did very well together. I would introduce the hawk and fourline at the same time or very close together. I now have 3 sm green blue chromis, 2 ora b+w clowns, and a sm fourline wrasse, and an ora neon goby.

The light looks awesome and your tank is stunning!

Thanks PodRod! I'm very happy w/ it so far... :)

dailydriven911
have any pictures of what your rear chambers look like also where is your ATO setup location?

This is how I have the chambers divided...

chamber 1: skimmer

chamber 2: l/r rubble and filter pad on top drip plate

chamber 3: ato water level sensor, tlf phosban/carbon reactor w/ mj400, stock return

solanacubepics546.jpg

solanacubepics547.jpg

dailydriven911
Nice looking tank.

Sorry about your loses.

Thanks, Hey I'm assuming you have an SRT? Very cool I own a big turbo 05' acr :)

dailydriven911
Nice I have an 04 with a .50 Trim. I kicked myself in the butt for not waiting for the ACR to come out.

Awesome gotta love the 50 trims! I'm running a bb gt3076r right now. I used to have the dbb 50 trim :)

Here's my acr w/ the steelies on... :lol:

DSC_0045-2.jpg

Here is a picture of my car.

IMG_0573.jpg

This years weather gave my car some beatings I need to paint my front bumper.

IMG_0557.jpg

Your car would look awesome with a carbon fiber hood.

This is how I have the chambers divided...

chamber 1: skimmer

chamber 2: l/r rubble and filter pad on top drip plate

chamber 3: ato water level sensor, tlf phosban/carbon reactor w/ mj400, stock return

solanacubepics546.jpg

solanacubepics547.jpg

I thought you removed the drip plate and added chaeto with lights in the second chamber. Did you switch it out? Are you using chaeto now? I'm trying to decide the best way to add chaeto to my tank without the soapdish in the display. Any thoughts/suggestions?

dailydriven911
I thought you removed the drip plate and added chaeto with lights in the second chamber. Did you switch it out? Are you using chaeto now? I'm trying to decide the best way to add chaeto to my tank without the soapdish in the display. Any thoughts/suggestions?

I'm glad you asked. I totally revamped the chambers today. The problem is you will need a different skimmer to do this. I got a tunze 9002 nano skimmer so I decided to change things around. In the first chamber I took all the l/r rubble I had in the second chamber and put this in the first chamber along w/ some feather dusters and cheato. I ditched the filter pad in the second chamber and uses two drip plates and spacers and attached the two together to make a platform. I then placed this in the second chamber to support the skimmer. Now the water level is right on w/ the skimmer. The third chamber is the return, mj400 for the tlf phosban reactor, ato sensor, and the heater. I'll take a couple pics just to give you an idea...btw the skimmer worked great for a month or so and then went to crap. The tunze is so much better imo! :)

dailydriven911
Here is a picture of my car.

IMG_0573.jpg

This years weather gave my car some beatings I need to paint my front bumper.

IMG_0557.jpg

Your car would look awesome with a carbon fiber hood.

Nice! I like the headlights. I had a c/f hood but I hate how it fit so I sold it. I like the clean stock look w/ double the hp... :)

Nice! I like the headlights. I had a c/f hood but I hate how it fit so I sold it. I like the clean stock look w/ double the hp... :)

Thanks.

Ok so you are going for the sleeper look.

I'm glad you asked. I totally revamped the chambers today. The problem is you will need a different skimmer to do this. I got a tunze 9002 nano skimmer so I decided to change things around. In the first chamber I took all the l/r rubble I had in the second chamber and put this in the first chamber along w/ some feather dusters and cheato. I ditched the filter pad in the second chamber and uses two drip plates and spacers and attached the two together to make a platform. I then placed this in the second chamber to support the skimmer. Now the water level is right on w/ the skimmer. The third chamber is the return, mj400 for the tlf phosban reactor, ato sensor, and the heater. I'll take a couple pics just to give you an idea...btw the skimmer worked great for a month or so and then went to crap. The tunze is so much better imo! :)

I'm definitely interested in the pics of the rear chambers since you've made the changes. I'm confused about the second chamber and how the two drip plates make a platform. I've considered upgrading the skimmer to the tunze, but wanted to wait until I saw how others were incorporating it into the Solana. Are you maintaining the water level at the original specifications?

dailydriven911

Hopefully this helps...

solanacubepics578.jpg

solanacubepics571.jpg

solanacubepics570.jpg

solanacubepics573.jpg

solanacubepics580.jpg

I'm definitely interested in the pics of the rear chambers since you've made the changes. I'm confused about the second chamber and how the two drip plates make a platform. I've considered upgrading the skimmer to the tunze, but wanted to wait until I saw how others were incorporating it into the Solana. Are you maintaining the water level at the original specifications?

The water level is perfect now because I'm not using a filter pad any longer. :)

Archived