Innovative Marine Aquariums

Basser1 BC29 Updated 6/4/12

basser1

Hey All!

Well I'm pleased to say that the tank is making a pretty good come back!

Today I received a new bluespot jawfish from Divers' Den, I don't have any LFS worth a hoot anymore. Sadly, several have closed their doors.

After getting him (or her) acclimated, it immediately started to do what bluespots do........ spittin' and diggin'! It has already made 2 burrows that are connected together, all this since this morning! So I figured he must be hungry so I fed him some mysis and he gobbled it up! He even stayed still long enough to eat directly from the turkey baster! And he already acts like he "owns" the tank! I think this one is gonna be a keeper.

Here's a pic of him from DD:

ddbsjf.png

Edited by basser1
  • 4 weeks later...
Nice jawfish. Glad to see your tank is being revived after the heater incident.

Thanks neuwave. Yes the tank is looking pretty good right now, just need to see more growth in the sps corals.

I was at my lfs last night and picked up this sweet looking red planet! It has really nice polyp extension and the gree base just pops under actinics. I have it on the bottom right now letting it get acclimated before I decide where to put it.

008zvl.jpg

Hey All!

Well I'm pleased to say that the tank is making a pretty good come back!

Today I received a new bluespot jawfish from Divers' Den, I don't have any LFS worth a hoot anymore. Sadly, several have closed their doors.

After getting him (or her) acclimated, it immediately started to do what bluespots do........ spittin' and diggin'! It has already made 2 burrows that are connected together, all this since this morning! So I figured he must be hungry so I fed him some mysis and he gobbled it up! He even stayed still long enough to eat directly from the turkey baster! And he already acts like he "owns" the tank! I think this one is gonna be a keeper.

Here's a pic of him from DD:

ddbsjf.png

July 4, 2011

Here is an updated pic of my blue spot jawfish in his (or hers) new digs. And digging he is! He has 4 holes or tunnels dug around this large base rock! He sure keeps himself busy!

010shh.jpg

Nice nice! can't wait to see pics

I really don't know what to expect, I'm sure it will be a tiny piece.

I've read all the hype about it, so I hope I won't be disappointed. ;)

sucks about your tank. it was awesome. can't wait to see what you do with it now that your basically starting over. update your pics more often. i'd like to follow along

Well... I finally got my frag of the red dragon acro. It is about 1" and the branches are really delicate. I just hope the clumsy turbo snails stay away from it!

019lfx.jpg

And here is a current FTS as someone requested:

018eg.jpg

Small, but beautiful, eh? Nice looking frag.

That tiny thing sticks out even among much larger corals in your aquarium.

You're right Banjo, I thought the same thing when I looked at the pic.

I have an ORA Hawkins and I always thought its' branches were thin and delicate, but nothing like the red dragon.

I just hope I don't accidentally break anything with my clumsy hands while doing work in the tank! :o

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Well... I finally got my frag of the red dragon acro. It is about 1" and the branches are really delicate. I just hope the clumsy turbo snails stay away from it!

019lfx.jpg

Well it's been a while so I thought I'd update on some corals. The red dragon is growing like a weed, here is a pic I took tonight:

corals002.jpg

And a few others:

Hawkins

corals004.jpg

Blue Tort

corals005.jpg

Sarmentosa (This is a very nice tabling acro with insane polyp extension) I would love to get a nice top-down shot if I can figure out how to do it:

corals003.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any update for 2012?

:)

Yeah! id like an update as well. your tank is one of my favorites!

Ditto!

I hope to make a tank this awsome some day. nice work Basser! looking forward to your next update.

Hey gang, I didn't mean to neglect this thread, but I'm holding off on updates until I get the new lights. But everything is doing fine, even the Mr. Coral pieces! -_-