Coral Vue Hydros

CollegeNano's AP12 HQI

CollegeNano

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have been receiving a lot of help from a local reefer and today he gave me my pick at some of his corals. I got picture excited (wanted to capture them before they die ;)) so here they are. Thanks jdp!

Opened!

DSCF0535.jpg

DSCF0555.jpg

DSCF0548.jpg

DSCF0563.jpg

DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0557.jpg

Hi,

Could you possibly tell me what the inner dimensions are of the AP 12, like from the front glass to false wall, wall to wall, and height if possible.

Thanks!

Hi,

Could you possibly tell me what the inner dimensions are of the AP 12, like from the front glass to false wall, wall to wall, and height if possible.

Thanks!

Sure, front is a bow but it's about 11" in to the false wall, 16" across and around 13" high

Nice frags, and your clown is sweet. I love his markings.

Thanks, so far all of my livestock has been free so I have really lucked out with some good quality stuff. He is a misbar and I like it cause it adds originality.

everything looks like they are settling in nicely. Let me know how things go and I'll send some more zoa and mushrooms your way. Decide what you are looking to do as far as stocking and I'll help any way I can. I'm probably going to get some ricordea, monti cap, digitata, and green slimer frags in the next few weeks. I'll send some starter pieces your way when your tank ages a bit more.

Keep in touch and keep up the great tank!

everything looks like they are settling in nicely. Let me know how things go and I'll send some more zoa and mushrooms your way. Decide what you are looking to do as far as stocking and I'll help any way I can. I'm probably going to get some ricordea, monti cap, digitata, and green slimer frags in the next few weeks. I'll send some starter pieces your way when your tank ages a bit more.

Keep in touch and keep up the great tank!

jdp as usual you are awesome. Thanks again for starting me off, you saved me a lot of stress and money! My friends often split the price of corals and then split the coral between the two, if you wanted to do anything like that sometime I would be open to it. Either way, thanks again. Talk to you soon, I'll definitely be anxious to come back.

jdp as usual you are awesome. Thanks again for starting me off, you saved me a lot of stress and money! My friends often split the price of corals and then split the coral between the two, if you wanted to do anything like that sometime I would be open to it. Either way, thanks again. Talk to you soon, I'll definitely be anxious to come back.

definitely, I know some people that sell really, really nice frags out of their garage frag tanks for very cheap prices. Getting together on them and splitting them up would be an incredible deal. Plus, buying in bulk gives you great deals. Let me know when you and your friends want to do that and I'll be ready

definitely, I know some people that sell really, really nice frags out of their garage frag tanks for very cheap prices. Getting together on them and splitting them up would be an incredible deal. Plus, buying in bulk gives you great deals. Let me know when you and your friends want to do that and I'll be ready
Yeah I will talk with them. Splitting the cost seems like a really good way to get nice stuff. Either way, I look forward to keeping in touch. I will definitely be able to afford more stuff mid Feb once I start my job, and by then my tank should hopefully be stabilizing even more.

what's a good place to get snails? I need to get some sand sifters cause the detritus is getting a little out of control in the sand bed. Thanks.

just run by salty waters at southpoint. They have everything at reasonable prices. I'd get a variety of snails to help out with the different issues you'll run into.

not a bad question. Some will, some won't. The big green button polyp will, the whammin' watermelon and peach centered ones usually don't. The mushrooms kind of hang out all the time.

Your tank looks really good! I love the black sand! My LFS had the plain white and the white and black mixed which looked kinda like dirty white sand so I went with the white. The black will probably hide the poop. :)

I'm glad your livestock is doing well. I can't wait to add something in my tank.

How do you have your back set up? I see you have 2 flow nozzles - Is the tank set up for 2 or did you make that mod?

Hey Kimberly, thanks for the comments! I really like the black sand and am not sure about hiding the "poop" ha. It actually gets dirty, but I sure love it. I still need to complete my CUC so I will not have it in top shape until then. When you mention 2 flow nozzles do you mean the 2 on the right? That is just a y fitting connected to one pump. No mod there except an improved pump. Opposite of the y fitting is the koralia nano, which is a fan type piece of equiptthat also helps circulate water. Anyway, the AP has 4 chambers. In chamber 1 (left most) I have filter floss, chamber 2 chaeto, chamber 3 carbon, chamber 4 Maxi-jet 900 pump.

ive heard that the black tahitian moon sand is very abrasive and not a good choice for sand-sifters, which is who you were implying that you would be using for a CUC to keep the sand clean. just a little FYI, but you probably already knew this. it may be something to consider if youre extremely compassionate about the welfare of your aquatic friends.

ive heard that the black tahitian moon sand is very abrasive and not a good choice for sand-sifters, which is who you were implying that you would be using for a CUC to keep the sand clean. just a little FYI, but you probably already knew this. it may be something to consider if youre extremely compassionate about the welfare of your aquatic friends.

I have not heard that! Are there alternative livestock to keeping the sand clean? Ah #%@! I need to go to bed. Talk to you tomorrow thanks for the heads up.

bluegrizzlies1

Im interested in learning how you made your auto top off work. I have a walmart here so give the details on how you go about it thanks.

I have not heard that! Are there alternative livestock to keeping the sand clean? Ah #%@! I need to go to bed. Talk to you tomorrow thanks for the heads up.

oh my bad. didnt mean to get you all substrate frustrated. no problem though, im also wanting to go with a black sand substrate as well. im looking for someplace where i can order the Natures Ocean bio-active black beach live sand.

http://www.naturesocean.com/live_sand.htm

it is a natural aragonite black sand that is packaged from the source. im having a very difficult time finding a retailer for this sand though. im not really sure of any other good way to keep it clean other than youre typical nass and cerith snails, etc. im not sure how much it may irritate them, but it may have some ill-effects. dont quote me on that though. hopefully a good amount of flow and regular cleaning will keep it clean if you opt not to go with sand-sifters.

oh my bad. didnt mean to get you all substrate frustrated. no problem though, im also wanting to go with a black sand substrate as well. im looking for someplace where i can order the Natures Ocean bio-active black beach live sand.http://www.naturesocean.com/live_sand.htmit is a natural aragonite black sand that is packaged from the source. im having a very difficult time finding a retailer for this sand though. im not really sure of any other good way to keep it clean other than youre typical nass and cerith snails, etc. im not sure how much it may irritate them, but it may have some ill-effects. dont quote me on that though. hopefully a good amount of flow and regular cleaning will keep it clean if you opt not to go with sand-sifters.
Yeah you know I may grab just 2 and see how they fare. How do they really find out sand is to abrasive for inverts? I mean my other snails are running all over rigid and rough rock all day as well. I think it may be a little overreaction by some people, but you probably have some results to back it up I don't know about yet :P. If you would like I could tell you how it goes with my snails, help you decide if the moon sand is a go.
Im interested in learning how you made your auto top off work. I have a walmart here so give the details on how you go about it thanks.
Have you read this http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;p=entryI would recommend you try and follow it to make your own (but use a wal mart battery air pump in the fishing section ($5) and a container from wal mart if you want (it just needs to seal closed, mine has a lever that locks it into place. Anyway, if you have questions after reading that forum let me know.
increase bandwith i want to see pics i started my ap 12 the same day as you...

Would love to Joey but I'm not sure how other than making multiple accounts :(

Archived