Coral Vue Hydros

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

I am sorry for my actions tonight ray. I have a bad habit of bottling anger up and then it explodes so this is where it exploded. I had a couple of break downs at school this week too.

how old are you kid. isn't it past your bed time?

Your probably right Ray.

My therapist has been working with me on Anger Management issues, I guess I kinda blew it tonight.

Sorry.

Where is Weetie, anyway?

Hi HD!

No need. No harm, no foul, IMO.

Haven't seen Weets in a few weeks. Then again, I haven't been out and about from the lounge much, until the past few days. Your guess is as good as mine.

well yeah but if you couldn't figure out it was past tense despite the fact I typed it. your going to have to double up on the studying.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1560337

& this one

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=155851

then for numbers I tend reference this thread.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567110

basically it shows that to build it bomb prof. use a double 2x6 top frame with a doubled up 2x4 leg. like in the second link. this lets you skip the center leg on the 48 inch "ish" tank stand. so if you where to do one like in the first link you ca make the opening large enough to fit most anything you want & still skinning 3 sides. or theres always the option of sliding it in from the side. through a door which can be easily hidden.

but yeah this has a;ways been my idea of what you want in the corner on anything meant to hold a big tank.

Aquarium045.jpg

Okay so moving right along ? for you about what your planing.

1) overflow type.

2) size of sump.

3) fuge yes or no.

4) where is it going. Nosie/environment.

5)closed loop vs vortech.

so on & so on...

Okay first thing is the return pump & such. lets start by assuming that you pull off finding a second 75 for the sump. total system volume = 150. now we take that & run it through this handy dandy equation. the purpose of which is to have the entire volume make it though the drain. this is so all water is run through the filtration twice a day. while leaving enough in the display to maintain bacterial & plankton levels.eq goes something like

Time (12hours) = (don't ask how you get it way to much math) 9.2 * ( total system volume / flow )

so 12=9.2 (150/ F)

this will tell you what size pump to run for the return.

It'd be hard to fit a 75 in a stand underneath. We had it setup with a 20L as the sump cause it was the only thing that fit in the stand. Sorry Joe the stand has already been repurposed as my 33L stand.

We also used a quite one pump for the return.

Edited by arwndsh
It'd be hard to fit a 75 in a stand underneath. We had it setup with a 20L as the sump cause it was the only thing that fit in the stand. Sorry Joe the stand has already been repurposed as my 33L stand.

We also used a quite one pump for the return.

+1- the stand would need to be rather over sized to accommodate the 75 below. If that look doesn't bother you though, hey the more volume the better :P

Cool stand pics JP, you da man. :lol:

Yeah thats all true. but with a custom stand you can build it to fit what ever size sump you can get. like on the 75 even with a 2x4 frame you can squeeze in a 75 or 55 by adjusting the depth while not affecting the width. which gives you room for the plumbing & such. It just means you need a door on the side to get it in. set the front doors up on drawer rail thingyies so they can slide open for access or come off to make it easier to move. then the sides can be made to open by using door hinges in the back & then locked in place with some kind of fastener. Be it another set of hinges or any number of options. all of which can make a solid enough connection to prevent racking. then they can be reinforced with cable that can be removed when it comes time to move. basically we can make it have acsess on three sides While still being the most bomb proof stand you've ever seen. let me play in sketch up may be a day or two but I'll post it up. don't worry wont be hurt if you don't want to use it. I'll probably use it my self at some point.

the beautiful thing about the tile is. its actually cheaper than the wood.

some times. part of posting someones thread though is stuff I don't think anyone has thought you. like getting to know the people in the thread. staying on topic for the most part. thats not saying that you can't post in any thread you want, but under stand Its like hanging out at say denny's when your studying. You don't just plop you self down at some one's table until you've barrow the ketchup a couple times. leading you into each others conversations. then you start hanging out together. A lot of the threads especially the longer ones have had people talking to each other for multiple years. so if you just metaphorically sit down between them they may get snippy. other things would be like sarcasms & such is hard to understand sometimes when your reading it in a post. LIke IRL I'm pretty dead pan like to the point that my friends some times don't catch it. so on here I have to be very careful to be clear.

Edited by bitts

no but its important to learn the etiquette involved in that thread. I hope that makes sense each thread is different. like I guarantee that no one would ever pick on you in AM's thread.

speaking of which lets move this topic to AM's thread to get you a couple different veiws on this.

So I dont want to read 900 some odd pages to find out the ettiquet so what is the ettiquet of this thread?

AB brought crap to my thread and thats what got him banned.

Nobody has picked on me in AM's thread yet.