inTank Media Baskets

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

crap! I want my sixline back!!!!! He was so cute but I had too many fish at the time and he started harrasing my clown cause he had no hiding spaces. I hope this doesn't happen to me, mabye that's what killed my rpe from prop. :scarry:

sorry to hear about the killer pod, least he didnt eat your hand!!!! i had a small sixline at one point and was my favorite fish. He never bothered my clowns but he was also pretty small. Even though he was small he would go after some pretty big hitchhikers like bristle worms< was'nt fun to watch hahaha.

crap! I want my sixline back!!!!! He was so cute but I had too many fish at the time and he started harrasing my clown cause he had no hiding spaces. I hope this doesn't happen to me, mabye that's what killed my rpe from prop. :scarry:

I'm getting another sixline soon! My original one was about 2 1/2".

Yellow coris would be nice, or cleaner wrasse or even mystery wrasse.

Doh! mystery wrasse??

Great looking fish, but we just added a zero to the price tag. :lol:

Doh! mystery wrasse??

Great looking fish, but we just added a zero to the price tag. :lol:

Yeah, I'd love a Mystery Wrasse, but it's out of my budget.

I just saw a Yellow Coris Wrasse at the LFS yesterday when I was picking up the Berghia Nudi and remember thinking it looked cool.

I also like the looks of the Cryptic Sixline.

I think Fairy and Flasher Wrasses look pretty cool, but I'm pretty sure they'd need a bigger tank than a 16g, wouldn't they?

Thanks for the suggestions guys, this is helping.

It has literally been 12 yrs. since I've had a fish, so I know a lot less about SW fish than I do about corals at this point.

yea, sorry forgot about the $100 price tag. Oops. Yellow coris would be great, max size 3" and peaceful fish that would eat pods and worms.

umm... a yellow coris wrasse gets alot bigger than 3" my lfs has a pair in their display tank that are about 5" long. they're in a 37gal. custom cube filled with sps and rare zoos/palys there is also a blue assesor in there.

Wow, fascinating story about the amphipod, Weetie! Sorry it's eating your zoas, though. nUgZ, thanks for posting the RC links--they were most interesting. Going to have to remember this before blithely terming all pods harmless anymore in the ID forum...

--Diane

I appreciate it as well nUgZ, I've been around reefing for quite a while and this is actually the first time I've ever heard about it!

I haven't seen any new losses in the zoa/paly dept, but I'm watching closely.

From what I've been seeing, I suspect that the pods like the taste of palys more than zoas and I really have only one other frag in there that might possibly be palys.

It's a pretty nice one too, but so far it looks okay.

At least this happened before I added my prized Nuclear Green Palys to the the tank, I would have been VERY unhappy to lose those!

I'm leaning towards adding a Yellow Coris Wrasse right now.

Hi, Sorry about your zoa! I'm glad you haven't seen any more damage though! This is so interesting, was it the size of a lobster? :) Every once in a while I see some GIANT pod wiggling around when I move something and it always gives me a start, now I know why!

Hi, Sorry about your zoa! I'm glad you haven't seen any more damage though! This is so interesting, was it the size of a lobster? :) Every once in a while I see some GIANT pod wiggling around when I move something and it always gives me a start, now I know why!

Well, not quite that big, but pretty big for a pod, definitely a "Grandaddy"!

I haven't seen any other zoas be affected yet, and believe me, I'm watching!

I'll probably get a Yellow Coris Wrasse once I raise the $$.

I had a few days where this tank was a little annoyed due to uneaten food from the clownfish breaking down and creating waste, but I've done some WC's and the tank is looking good today.

The clown has finally decided he knows how to eat too, which helps of course!

I'm actually enjoying this lower tech tank much more than my fancier prop system right now!

Well, not quite that big, but pretty big for a pod, definitely a "Grandaddy"!

I haven't seen any other zoas be affected yet, and believe me, I'm watching!

I'll probably get a Yellow Coris Wrasse once I raise the $$.

I had a few days where this tank was a little annoyed due to uneaten food from the clownfish breaking down and creating waste, but I've done some WC's and the tank is looking good today.

The clown has finally decided he knows how to eat too, which helps of course!

I'm actually enjoying this lower tech tank much more than my fancier prop system right now!

^^ I can imagine that! 'Course, I've never had high tech...:)

Those yellow coris are beautiful fish.

--Diane

Well great! now i want cookies!!

LOL. :D

I think BibleSue and I need to have our very own Baked Goods and Frag Swap at her Reef Chicks Resort.

I wanted to do a quick update on the Berghia Nudi.

At first I wasn't sure if it had croaked or was doing fine.

They stay hidden away in the rocks, they're quite secretive, so you never see them. When I got it from the LFS, they had to turn all the rocks over to find it.

For a little while I couldn't really tell for sure if any aiptasia had been eaten either, but today I definitely notice that there's an aiptasia missing from a particular spot, and it seems like there's a few less in the area around it as well, so I'm excited!

I don't need all of the aiptasia to disappear overnight, as long as I know that they will all eventually be consumed.