Pod Your Reef

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

OK, OK,....yes 'He Lives!' or rather, 'I' live.....of course 'He' lives, 'He' has always been, and always will be.

Glad to see you get this thing up and going. I've seen it for over a year now, waiting and waiting. Of course I'm not one to talk, my AP24 still sits here empty, in fact it's a year old now.

I'll have to come check it out, in person.

Welcome back! Let us know when you get ready to fill that tank with more than water & rock! :P Actually, if you need help getting motivated to get started on the water & rock, just let us know & we can bring the kids to occupy yours & Weetie & I can join your wife in cheering you on!

28742131.jpg

!!!SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Tonight's fun contest is:

Whoever posts the 100th post on this thread wins cookies of their choice shipped to them Priority.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1451169

FYI, the cookies will probably be bought, not homemade. If you insist on homemade, I get to pick what kind.

The posts have to be REAL posts that are actually relevant to the thread and not just you getting on to spout off about your favorite movie, etc.

And in order to count, the 100th post must also have the word "spiffy" in it somewhere. :D

Once you make the post, post on this thread or PM me to claim your winnings.

Have fun!

Weetie, you're a sweetie! :)

--Diane

And I have cute feeties! :D

(they're partial to fuzzy socks)

We almost have a winner for the contest described above, who oh who will it be???

Well, I'm back from the Frag Swap.

It was utterly, insanely busy there, at least for us.

We sold a lot of stuff but we still have plenty left as well, so keep an eye out for a "Leftovers" listing in the Classified Forum soon! ;)

As far as the stuff I got for this tank, I got a fat 1 polyp frag of X-men zoas and a pretty pink zoa frag from SPerry which looks really nice.

I got an orange ric and a $5 yuma with really unusual colors that are hard to describe. Kind of a cream base with pink and maroonish polyps/bumps.

And much to my surprise, I also got an Ocellaris Clown, the first fish I've had in 12 yrs.! It was a total impulse thing, which I don't usually do. It's captive bred from Sustainable Aquatics. They were selling them for $10 at the end of the show, and I just couldn't turn it down, especially after BibleSue commented on the fact that my kids would love it. I knew she was right of course, and that was the clincher. He looks awesome in my display tank, but I haven't been able to get him to eat. I've tried frozen mysis, live tigger pods, Arcti pods and spirulina flakes, all to no avail. I hope he adjust to his new home soon cause we like him.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting him to eat?

I ended up deciding to keep the Brain for this tank, he's just too cool and my husband really likes him too, so...

This tank is shaping up to look really nice, I'm really enjoying watching it.

I'll try to get pics to post later, I'll have to get the camera from my sister when I see her tonight.

We missed Clifford513 and varanus47, but got to see Sperry, arwndsh, dzones, Esabasard, and Fanof49USA, all very cool people.

derekandrenee
You might try soaking the mysis in some garlic. Hope he does ok.

+1 on Garlic, Weetie......always has worked for me (Fresh and Salt). Meaty stuff and Flakes...

The little guy was looking a little happier tonight and I saw him eat a few of the Tigger Pods I put in.

I'm gonna try more Tigger pods tomorrow and the next day, and then try frozen mysis again after that.

I wasn't able to get the camera tonight to take pics, but BibleSue posted some on the Mid TN Frag Swap thread.

The kids have a little step stool they placed in front of the tank so they can stand up on it and see the fishy! :D

Here you go!

Arrived at home to one very excited little boy.

DSCN1173.jpg

DSCN1177.jpg

Worn out from all the excitement!

DSCN1174.jpg

The 2 year old was so funny the next morning. I picked him up & stood in front of the tank. It took him a minute to spot the fish. When he did, he just stared with a very serious face, looked at me with an excited grin on his face & turned to stare & study the tank. I think he was wondering how a fish just appeared in the tank! :lol: I wish I had a picture of that. Priceless!

Seemed about time for some new pics.

Enjoy!

DSCN2073.jpg

My new $5 yuma and a ric I picked up at the Mid TN Frag Swap

DSCN2058.jpg

Got this from the Frag Swap as well. It was sold to me as an X-Man, but I'm not sure that it is. At any rate, I really like it.

DSCN2069.jpg

One corner of my mushroom garden.