Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Almost a cube! In the midst of beautifying......

j'field

:happy: Thanks again Lalani and m'akoyPINOY. I've learn ssomething new again! That means I've got 2 females and 3 males if I'm rite. And Lalani your pics of shrimp are sexy and nice too!

Anyway, think I might plan to setup a 1 feet cube frag tank soon and might transfer afew sexy shrimp over for breeding. :happy:

Will keep following your thread and learn from you!

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reef Aquatics

First off....That is a beautiful tank!!!

I just had almost the exact same tank built...except mine

is only 18" high. Which makes it a 45 gal...instead of a 60 gal.

Also, I cant help but point out..Two tangs in a 60 gal and no one

has said anything...lol If we were over at Reef Central the tang

police would be having a hissy fit right about now..LOL

cheers!!

How have I been missing this thread? I can't believe I just now found it. I was hooked from page 1!

Makes me want to go bigger... but I just moved into my 40 a couple of months ago.

Great work... I'll be tagging along on this one.

First off....That is a beautiful tank!!!

I just had almost the exact same tank built...except mine

is only 18" high. Which makes it a 45 gal...instead of a 60 gal.

Also, I cant help but point out..Two tangs in a 60 gal and no one

has said anything...lol If we were over at Reef Central the tang

police would be having a hissy fit right about now..LOL

cheers!!

Thanks Reef Aquatics, yes i knew that. Actually I have only 1 blue tang now in my tank for quite awhile. Cos of it's handicap (lost 1 fin in a fight) I decide to keep it with me. :happy: Have sold off the other tang few months ago.

How have I been missing this thread? I can't believe I just now found it. I was hooked from page 1!

Makes me want to go bigger... but I just moved into my 40 a couple of months ago.

Great work... I'll be tagging along on this one.

Thanks Pickle010, thanks for your kind words. Is encouraging to me. I'm learning too. So hope that we can learn something from each other. :happy:

j'field - your tank is by far the most beautiful tank that I have EVER seen! I am in awe! Thank you so much for sharing your tank with us! It makes me want to be a better reefer! Simply amazing!!!

j'field - your tank is by far the most beautiful tank that I have EVER seen! I am in awe! Thank you so much for sharing your tank with us! It makes me want to be a better reefer! Simply amazing!!!

:happy: Thanks so much therupert, my tank is very normal with very simple equipments. Comparing with many reefers with top notch equipments, setup and beautiful healthy corals, mine is still far apart!

Anyway, is my pleasure to be able to share my tank with you and I believe you can definitely do much better than me. Hope that we can learn from each other too :happy:

Your tank is amazing - the colors blend together so well.

One question - what substrate/sand are you using? Is it gray or indo-pacific black....it looks like it from the FTS on pg. 6. I am thinking about trying some gray or black sand, but I'm still undecided. Thanks!

Your tank is amazing - the colors blend together so well.

One question - what substrate/sand are you using? Is it gray or indo-pacific black....it looks like it from the FTS on pg. 6. I am thinking about trying some gray or black sand, but I'm still undecided. Thanks!

Thanks xbwolfx, :happy: I'm using live black sand from Nature’s Ocean.

Here's the link to share.

http://www.naturesocean.com/live_sand.htm

Imo, is quite a nice sand except that is abit expensive. :happy: It really brings out the colours of your corals!

My advice is that I would go for black instead of gray :happy:

Thanks for the info! Ideally I would like black sand. The problem is that I have an urchin that poops a lot and his poop looks just like regular white sand. With my current set-up with white sand it is fine b/c it blends right in with the rest of the sand. If I switch to pure black, then his poop is going to be very obvious and make the sand look awful. If I go with gray or the indo-pacific black/white mix it would be a lot less noticeable. I would get rid of the urchin b/c I am sick of it eating all of my coralline, but its my fiance's favorite thing in the tank and she would be mad if I got rid of it.

Thanks again!

You are welcome xbwolfx, :happy:

Anyway, my reason for not choosing grey or mixture of black and white sand is that is neither here or there. :happy:

Anyway, think it's will look very cute if you can see the white poo on the black sand. And you also make the urchin sound comical and amusing too :D

• 3 weeks later...

At last after more than a month, finally see my pompom crab for the first time! And intially it have only one pompom, but now it has two! One on each claw! :happy:

Will try to post a pic of it soon!

Thanks Lalani and SeeDemTails. Here a pic of that little fellow. Quite difficult to take a pic of it as is always hiding. :happy:

post-33532-1215347001_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks abe and ddr_phish. I dun really feed them. But I do dose very little / a drop of iodine a day and make my own mixture of food for both the fish and corals. I target feed in the past by find that my corals seems more stress. So now I only dump in the food that I had prepared in very small amount with my pump off during feeding.

I also have 2 tubes of T5 blue lights and 2 actinic lights to flourence the color. Maybe all this plays a little part. :happy:

Great zoas!

Thanks SeeDemTails, here's a pics of my zoas. I have put 2 small rocks near the zoas. Hopefully it will grow over it soon. :happy:

post-33532-1216399846_thumb.jpg

A pic of my favourite torch coral. It have grown quite alot. :happy:

post-33532-1216399861_thumb.jpg post-33532-1216399877_thumb.jpg

Another pic of this cute little fellow. Juz look at that 2 pompom it is carrying. Is glowing. :happy:

post-33532-1216399889_thumb.jpg

My new bumble bee shrimp. Got 2 of them in my tank :happy: Very cute and tiny. Just about 2.5cm long

post-33532-1216399900_thumb.jpg

Do you mind me asking what your food mixture contains? I mainly do live phytoplankton and occasionally cyclopeeze.

I wish my pompom crab would come out in the open - mine just hides :(

Hi L34NN3, my pompom crab also comes out only once in a long time. And I only sees it after more than a month in my tank :happy:

Do you mind me asking what your food mixture contains? I mainly do live phytoplankton and occasionally cyclopeeze.

Hi ddr_phish, these are the food mixture. I will try to take a pic of all the bottles to show. :happy:

1) AquaPharm / 5-in-1 coral food

2) CORALIFE / Invertebrate Target Food

3) Argent Cyclop-Eeze

4) MEGA ONE / Marine pellets

5) OCEAN NUTRITION / Nano Reef Coral Food

6) Fish Flakes

7) Dried Shrimp

8) Hikari Frozen Mysis Shrimp

Archived