Coral Vue Hydros

Almost a cube! In the midst of beautifying......

j'field

WOW nice pics!!!!!!!!

what additives do u add to your tank?

Thanks for your kind word Apache, as i don't have a CA reactor, i dose calcium everyday in small amount.

Besides that, i also dose

iodine(1 drop daily), overdose can cause algae boom, if i forget to dose today, i will not dose 2 drop tomorrow.

strontium (also in small amount daily, about 5 drops), overdose can cause some harm to your clams if you have any.

KH in small amount daily (powder form)

and also trace elements.

I must admit that i am quite a lazy person, I only measure my parameter once a month (which i don't recommend)

But i do make it a point to make WC weekly of almost 2 pails. I think is about atleast 25gal of WC weekly.

My sump together with my tank is about 90gal.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to share a pic of my favourite scolymia which is already in the pass due to my stupid and careless actions :angry:

post-33532-1200812241_thumb.jpg

post-33532-1200812152_thumb.jpg

I still miss it till today. -_-

Just to share a pic of my favourite scolymia which is already in the pass due to my stupid and careless actions :angry:

post-33532-1200812241_thumb.jpg

post-33532-1200812152_thumb.jpg

I still miss it till today. -_-

WOW!!!!!!!!! That was one BEAUTIFUL scoly! I'm sorry it's gone :(

WOW!!!!!!!!! That was one BEAUTIFUL scoly! I'm sorry it's gone :(

Yes dshnarw, on one day my hands got itchy and turn off the chiller and after my maintaince, i forgot to turn it back on and the temperature rises to 40 degrees! :o

Is an very painful and expensive lesson for me. So i never switch for my chiller ever again after that incident -_-

:blink: I don't think I've ever seen a tank temp go that high before. It gets that hot over there??

dshnarw,In my country, the temperature is between 27 to 31 degrees all year round. But with my pumps and lightings on, is not surprise that it will rise up to 40 -_-

j'field, your pictures are outstanding! You could publish your own reef book. I agree, that was a gorgeous scoly. I also particularly like your cup coral, blasto, and gorg. Just a super job all around!

--Diane

j'field, your pictures are outstanding! You could publish your own reef book. I agree, that was a gorgeous scoly. I also particularly like your cup coral, blasto, and gorg. Just a super job all around!

--Diane

Thanks c est ma for your compliment, you just bring me to heaven! I am still far from creating a beautiful reef tank and there's more for me to have, buy and learn. My knowledge is still not enough, not to say publish a reef book. Maybe that would be 10years later :lol:

Just to share afew more of my sad past pics due to the same sad incident which i am still sad when i think of it -_-

post-33532-1200821003_thumb.jpg

Here's a FTS of my past. Notice that there is not so much of coraline at that time :happy:

post-33532-1200822246_thumb.jpg

Really misses it -_-

post-33532-1200822668_thumb.jpg

Another scolymia of mine in the past. -_-

post-33532-1200822290_thumb.jpg

I gonna get this two again. These are lovely. I just can't get over their greens!

post-33532-1200822389_thumb.jpg

post-33532-1200822505_thumb.jpg

Now you should know why is a very painful and sad experience for me :(:(:(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the latest set of gorgeous pics!

--Diane

My pleasure to share what I have. :happy:

Awsome tank keep up the good work!!!!

Thanks Cam198, will try my best to do my best to keep the tank in it's best! :happy:

Beautiful tank. :)

Thanks Lalani, time for me to post more to share.

:happy: FTS on 8 of march post-33532-1208005506_thumb.jpg

Some group shot post-33532-1208005620_thumb.jpg

post-33532-1208005555_thumb.jpg

im going to punch you... this tank is to nice... TOTM?!?!

Thank Matty1124 for the compliment. Lol, think mine doesn't fit in the TOTM. :happy: Mine is too big to be a nano. -_-

Wow, very nice! Its so full of color and life... amazing. :)

Thanks Lalani, more pics to come about my shifting and all.

Me too love to see your sexy shrimp thread. :happy:

After looking at your thread, I went to buy some too. :P

Just when you think his pics/tank couldn't possibly get any more spectacular...!!

Truly amazing, j'field!

Wow, it's not going to be easy to move that behemoth, is it?!

--Diane

Just when you think his pics/tank couldn't possibly get any more spectacular...!!

Truly amazing, j'field!

Wow, it's not going to be easy to move that behemoth, is it?!

--Diane

Yes truly a difficult and tiring task for me. :huh:

If not for the mishap at my living room (tiles on the floor just crack with unknown reason).....

So, here is abit of pics about my tank shifting :happy:

post-33532-1208070055_thumb.jpg

post-33532-1208070098_thumb.jpg Lots of bristtle after I've done a FW dip to my zoas :o

post-33532-1208070140_thumb.jpg

One of my biggest container that I have bought to house my corals and ls :happy:

WOW....... Let me say that again..... WOW.

Thanks Tarbot, but I think there are many others with tanks that can make you WOW WOW WOW! :happy:

Mine still not there yet ;)

Here comes the smelly dirty tank just after shifted to my room wtih the help of 2 buddies. :happy:

post-33532-1208071330_thumb.jpg

Archived