Top Shelf Aquatics

Almost a cube! In the midst of beautifying......

j'field

i have a feeling that monday will be a GREAT day :) the K1 i bought from a fellow reefer will be here AND by then i may have a new frag for my 20L as well as a light for my 10gal DIY AIO

Great! So dun keep update on my thread. Not that I mind. But you should update on your thread as well. :happy:

With the K1, new frag and light etc coming in, I will be watching for some updates of some pics in your thread soon :happy:

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wauww.. looks awesome.. i think its a good time to upgrade to a new bigger tank.

hahaha.. :)

Thanks handoko, :happy: if only I've got more space -_-

My new house will probably be ready in 2 years time. So hopefully I can upgrade to double the size. :P

can't imagine how your corals sizes in the next 2 years... :P

salam,

Yeah, I hope they grow. Especially those monti caps. I love the look of a tank with a mix of big and small colony. It makes the whole tank look more natural. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

j'field, it wouldn't be justice to put into words just how beautifully and amazing your tank is, congratulations on your hard work, patience and passion! I am a brand new reefer and I came across your thread by accident when I was searching for other people that have cube tanks. I have been looking at the Oceanic 30 Cube, (dimensions L 20.5 x W 21 x H 18.5) but I am really at a loss as to which way to go for the lighting. I have been bouncing back and forth between T5 and MH, who do buy the fixtures from, etc. I do want to grow mostly LPS, maybe a few, if any SPS.

Can you recommend a light setup for a cube of this size?

Thanks!

Hi James, if you ask me, in my own preference I would go for T5 especially for a small tank. Lesser heat = lesser evaporation = lesser flunctuation in your sanility as well :happy:

And the best T5 fixture imo would be ATI. :happy:

But I can't afford them. I am using 8 tubes of T5 retrofit -_-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
euphoricgear

nice tank as always, i actually wanted to get a cube when i saw your tank. finally got one and starting on the build. :-)

i would like to see how you did your filtration. especially this - " I have only a skimmer and a fluidised reactor in my sump" the fluidized reactor.

i was thinking of doing the same thing and saw a video on youtube with a deep sand bed and just air coming from the bottom, moving the sand. do u think that would create more bacteria?

what sand do you have? it looks like a mixture of black and white. does it make the colors pop out more? i was thinking of using black sand for the main display for mine. i also need more rocks as you can see in my thread. hehe

i still love your tank. wish i can see this in person. hehe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi thanks everyone for still remembering me :happy:

Yeah so sorry for missing for along time.

I've been very busy with my work the past few months that I have neglected my tank -_-

As a result, quite a number of my corals not doing so well -_-

But I am glad that majority of them are still doing fine. And the good news is that I have alittle more time now. So that means that I will try to make my tank as nice as before :happy:

Pardon me for missing in action. I will be back in action again real soon. I miss you guys too :happy:

Yeah, thanks :happy: I promise to update more regularly starting next week. I will try to update at least once a week :happy:

I have been so busy the past few months the there are days I have work up to 40hours without sleep -_-

• 3 weeks later...
Do you like your yellow watchman or yasha better? :)

Lol! If you ask me, I love all the same. Both are nice. But I feel that my yasha cuter with the pistol shrimp. :happy:

Watchman can be nice too :happy:

Watchmanshowoff02.jpg

And it likes showing off flaring! Lol!

Watchmanshowoff01.jpg

Hi, J. :)

Hi Lalani, :happy: how are you? Sorry that I have been real busy lately. :P

And congrats! Wow! you are now the mods of NNR!!!

Yeah! You are the best person to be the mod in NNR!!! omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Archived