SaltCritters.com

Almost a cube! In the midst of beautifying......

j'field

Wow! Gorgeous pics!

I especially love the second to last zoa pic and the blasto!

--Diane (who uses magnifying lenses with her point-&-shoot too. :))

Thanks c est ma, so is Diane who uses it. :happy: So you are Diane or what's her nick? :P

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:happy: At last saw all 5 of my sexy shrimp yesterday. But the pompom crab have not appear yet since the day I put it in the tank. Maybe is too small to be seen. -_-

And thanks Diane, so your nick is c est ma. :P Just realised it. Sorry. Thanks again man! I am having fun taking pics with magnifying glass. :D

At last gotta a shot of my 3 sexy out of 5!

post-33532-1210082977_thumb.jpg

A view of my new maxima from the top

post-33532-1210083133_thumb.jpg

My hungry scolymia :P

post-33532-1210083252_thumb.jpg

And here's my 2 green monti frag that I have got from 2 nice reefer over the weekend

post-33532-1210083356_thumb.jpg post-33532-1210083324_thumb.jpg

Why do you have to keep making the rest of us look bad! :P

Love the shot of the sexies, it looks like you have two females and a male right there. Are they spending a lot of time in the open or hiding?

Why do you have to keep making the rest of us look bad! :P

Love the shot of the sexies, it looks like you have two females and a male right there. Are they spending a lot of time in the open or hiding?

No Lalani, :happy: I'm just sharing what I love, not trying to make you or anyone look bad as I think your and many others have much nicer tank too.

By the way Lalani, how do you differentiate male and female? And yes right now among the five shrimp, this trio tends to hang out in the open more often. :)

This tank is amazing. Very nice work.

Thanks SPS20 :happy:

:happy: Just hope that the monti will do well and the colour will stay as this is my first time keeping green monti and sps. :P
  • 2 weeks later...

A pic of my cute spotted mandarin :happy:

post-33532-1211041163_thumb.jpg

Have been with me for afew years. Hope that it will live a long age! ;)

A pic of my chromis. :happy:

post-33532-1211377164_thumb.jpg

At the same time was happy to see that all my 5 sexy are out in the open more often.

TOTM in our local forum!

CONGRATS! :happy:

Howdy bro! congrats!

ps. toomin... how's the tank doing? :P

Thanks guys, I was lucky with so many nice tank around.

Talking about our local forum, I still dunno wat's the nick of you guys over there?

Purdy fish, and congrats on getting TOTM on that other forum. :)

Seriously sweet looking tank! :wub::bowdown: Just WOW!

Thanks Lalani and MushyCat for the kind words. :happy:

My tank is quite full with corals now. So right now juz gotta wait for the corals to grow, the monti cap to plate to make the whole tank even nicer and I hope that I can maintain it that way till I can upgrade to a bigger tank :P

By the way, I am considering of setting up a 1 feet cube nano tank and still in the planning process. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lalani and MushyCat for your kind words. :happy:

Does anyone of you know how to differenciate a male and female sexy shrimp and how often they normally breed?

Thanks again.

Sexies are fairly easy to sex. The males tend to be smaller and their tails are relatively flat, while the females are larger and their tails are thicker. Here are a couple of photos for size comparison:

Mine, left male, right female:

IMG_7037.jpg

Silverdust's:

254326996.jpg

My female releases her babies once, sometimes twice per month. yankeereefer and I are keeping track of our breeding sexies and we're both going to attempt to raise them. :)

Check out the sexy shrimp thread in my sig!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151219

Archived