Pod Your Reef

Almost a cube! In the midst of beautifying......

j'field

post-33532-1208077855_thumb.jpg

Here are more pic coming :happy: after the shift.

Not much changes of my scape. As I am lazy to relocate all the corals with a new scaping.

The only changes is my sand and afew more new residents I think ;)

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My red Blastos

post-33532-1208078147_thumb.jpg

Just learn that this acan is called Acan Bowerbanki. I have mistaken it to be a Echinata. :happy:

post-33532-1208078304_thumb.jpg

And here is another acan we normally come across Acanthastrea :P

post-33532-1208078219_thumb.jpg

Will post a FTS soon

last time i went to singapore i did notice a ridiculously varied selection of corals. I wanted to smuggle some onto the plane. Im sure american customs would have liked that! Great tank

WOW this tank is amazing.

Thanks land_lubber, I am still in the process of beautifyng my tank. So hopefully I can amaze you more in the process :happy: But imo, there are still lots of even nicer tank around me. :happy:

Amazing shots, as always! glad to hear the shift went well. :happy:

Thanks Duncan, not all went well actually. -_- 2 fishes commited suicide during the shift. And accidentally killed 3 poly of red mushrooms while trying to attach them to rock with rubber bands. (and I'm not gonna try that again.) And afew of my corals got sting accidentally as well during the shifting and scaping -_- But what I can say is that most are fine and recovering well to it orginally state. :happy:

At the same time, I also took the opportunity to take out some fishes like my yellow tang and my hawkfish to reduce some bioload and at the same time to try out some nano fishes like gobies and nano inverterbrates like sexy shrimps....

OMG - AMAZING TANK

I absolutely love it!!!!

I hope to have my tank look even half as nice by the time I'm done!\

Thanks zhubbell for the kind words. With patience, I'm sure your will look even nicer than mine in time to come when your tank is done :happy:

:o Wow your tank is simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again lilredneckman, really feel honour and encouraging to hear nice comments from you guys. :)

Your tank is by far one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

<333

Thanks daniellevendetta for the kind words, hopefully you have already seen millions of tank before you have seen mine. Lol just joking!

My eyes! My eyes! Your tank is an overload to the senses! B)

Thanks lakshwadeep.

:o:wub::bowdown:

Thanks noobofreefs.

last time i went to singapore i did notice a ridiculously varied selection of corals. I wanted to smuggle some onto the plane. Im sure american customs would have liked that! Great tank

Thanks aquaneesh, and yes we do have some great and nice shipments of corals in LFS once in awhile. But the price of some are :o By the way, which country are you from?

At the same time, I also took the opportunity to take out some fishes like my yellow tang and my hawkfish to reduce some bioload and at the same time to try out some nano fishes like gobies and nano inverterbrates like sexy shrimps....

I must warn you about the sexy shrimps. They will eventually turn into zoa eaters. Some said if you feed them enough, they won't touch the zoas but my experience said otherwise, or I'm just unlucky. :huh:

Regardless of how much I feed them, they never give up on munching the forbidden 'fruit'. :angry:

Imho, don't take the chance. It is just not worth it. Just my 0.02

I must warn you about the sexy shrimps. They will eventually turn into zoa eaters. Some said if you feed them enough, they won't touch the zoas but my experience said otherwise, or I'm just unlucky. :huh:

Regardless of how much I feed them, they never give up on munching the forbidden 'fruit'. :angry:

Imho, don't take the chance. It is just not worth it. Just my 0.02

:happy: Thanks Duncan for the warning. I will keep a watchout! Actually I have already put them in my tank and right now they are hosting on my alveopora. Keeping my fingers cross :huh: If I found out that they turn nasty, I will take them out immediately.

Actually, I have read some reviews. But was confused as some commented as 'reefsafe' and others 'not reefsafe'

So I guess it might also depends abit on luck too. Just like keeping pymgy angels. Some manage to keep safely with corals while others are not so lucky I guess.

land_lubber

Hey j'field and Duncan what shops in Singapore do you go to? and do they have websites? the only one I know there is reefdepot and they ship to New Zealand as well :P

Hey j'field and Duncan what shops in Singapore do you go to? and do they have websites? the only one I know there is reefdepot and they ship to New Zealand as well :P

Hi land_lubber, you can try harlequinmarine.com or aquamarin.com.sg :happy:

Actually, you can see the neighbouring site in the forum here: absolutereef.com

But I'm not sure if they do shipping oversea :happy:

Sexy Shrimp

Beautiful tank. My only concern was the tang - but it seems you have remidied that now. So its a Mary Poppins tank - positively perfect in every way!

Beautiful tank. My only concern was the tang - but it seems you have remidied that now. So its a Mary Poppins tank - positively perfect in every way!

Thanks L34NN3, I was just curious what was it that make you concern about the tang? I am concern too, cos it my pet :happy:

Sexy Shrimp

Small tank and the tang police ;) It is widely stated on here minimum tank sizes and tends to cause a lot of flames...

Small tank and the tang police ;) It is widely stated on here minimum tank sizes and tends to cause a lot of flames...

Yes L34NN3, now I get what you mean. :happy: That was 1 of the reasons why I sold off my yellow tang

post-33532-1208632771_thumb.jpg

post-33532-1208633170_thumb.jpg

As promise, here's the fts from a distance and another from reflection after my shifting :happy:

Will post pics of some of my new residents soon :mellow:

Here are some of my new residents :happy:

post-33532-1208668670_thumb.jpg

Here's my sexy shrimp. :happy: Hope's it will behave well. :mellow:

post-33532-1208668849_thumb.jpg

By the way, is this a sunburst? But it's looks longish to me ;)

post-33532-1208668976_thumb.jpg

Archived