ReefCleaners.org

AcroporaLokani's Frag Tank

AcroporaLokani

AcroporaLokani
I hear most who go with 20K go the ushio route. Good luck, your frag tanks rock.

Thanks, Ill look in to the ushio.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AcroporaLokani

I just picked up some live rock rubble so ill be making more small frag rocks in the next day or so and ill post pics after the frags are glued.

• 4 weeks later...
AcroporaLokani
uh...bumpidy bump bump! When are those frags going up for sale?

There all for sale now. I have the shipping supplies and im ready to ship them out. Just PM me if you want the prices for the frags and shipping.

Ive just been letting them color up by adding a 20K T5 tube with the halides.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.. Am I relieved... with the thread title, I expected to see two tanks battling.

Glad to see your dual tanks are doing great!

Seriously, looks like you got some nice stuff going there.

Those frag tanks are the coolest thing since pockets on a shirt...

congrats on doing something so cool, and doing it well.

AcroporaLokani
Wow thats awesome! B)

Do you still have any SPS frags for sale?

LMK

-texx

yea, I haven't even tried to sell any yet. I have all the shipping stuff but thats about all I have done for selling them.....

Wow.. Am I relieved... with the thread title, I expected to see two tanks battling.

Glad to see your dual tanks are doing great!

Seriously, looks like you got some nice stuff going there.

LOL, yea two tanks punching eachother out would be awesome. And Thanks.

Those frag tanks are the coolest thing since pockets on a shirt...

congrats on doing something so cool, and doing it well.

Thanks you

when you say duel, do you mean dual?

dual as in two

Yes I mean two aquapod frag tanks. And I love your cuttlefish tank by the way.

Tank Update.

The frags are growing very well, I made some soft coral frags and a few more SPS ones. I think I may have to get a new heater for the SPS tank, Its still a little bit messed up. Ill take some new pics also, Ive just been so caught up with everything else that I haven't had time to update the thread. Ill try to post pics today or in the next few days.

Great job on those! Maybe I'll have a use for one of the other 2 frankenstein NW9's I have in my basement! :D

AcroporaLokani
Great job on those! Maybe I'll have a use for one of the other 2 frankenstein NW9's I have in my basement! :D

That would be cool, But make sure to keep an eye on the temp in a nano-wave 9, I have heard of it being an issue.

Won't adding a 20K slow the coral growth?

Yea but ill get better coral color and after all thats what every reef keeper wants is beautiful colorful coral.

How are your tank doing? Its been a while since i've looked up any of the tanks I like on here.

AcroporaLokani

I have some terrible news (for me anyways), The SPS tank had a leak and I lost 25 frags and a colony...... The tank is empty now and the surviving corals are in the LPS/soft coral tank. I am going to be e-mailing current to ask for a full refund/replacement. I was reading in the warranty info that they do not cover salt water damage so I wonder if they'll do anything for me. So I dont have "dual aquapod frag tanks" any more. I am thinking of just setting up a 29 gallon long (48 inches long 12 inched wide and about 15 inches tall or so). I was going to be taking pics but the camera is at my other house....... I had noticed water on the tank stand for a few nights in a row but I figured I had filled the tanks to hight with top offs. When it kept happening I checked frequently to see witch one it was (where the water was pooling) and it was the SPS tank, My beloved SPS tank *cries in the corner like an EMO*.

gulfsurfer101

Oh that bites man. I was gonna asl you if you wanted to sell a few of those SPS frags too. I wouls be crying somewhere to myself also. Hope they can do something for you, they seemed to take care of me pretty good when my sunpod went out after only three weeks.

AcroporaLokani
why not do the 30L breeder? sorry about the loss

Yea I think I may end up doing that, The only problem is that the stand is about 6 inches to short. Ill probably have to cut a few pieces of wood and lay it over the top of the stand so it is fully supported.

Oh that bites man. I was gonna asl you if you wanted to sell a few of those SPS frags too. I wouls be crying somewhere to myself also. Hope they can do something for you, they seemed to take care of me pretty good when my sunpod went out after only three weeks.

I still have a bunch of the frags left, Most of the acropora is fine (I think I only lost like 3 acropora) I didnt lose a singe pocilly or monty cap. Unfortunately I lost most of that awesome white montipora and the stylo.

Its good to hear that current takes care of there customers. And I wasn't actually crying just a joke.

That would be cool, But make sure to keep an eye on the temp in a nano-wave 9, I have heard of it being an issue.

Yea but ill get better coral color and after all thats what every reef keeper wants is beautiful colorful coral.

How are your tank doing? Its been a while since i've looked up any of the tanks I like on here.

Sorry to hear about your tank. My Aquapod is doing great. It is full of coral waiting to go into my new 80 gallon reef. The tank is just about cycling and I can't wait!!!

gulfsurfer101

I hope they do good for you, I have the same tank that came with the sixteen inch sunpod and when I sent it to them they asked me if I would just be interested in the 20 inch 70 watt sunpod so I was pretty happy about that. I have a vaction coming up and plan on bringing back some deep water blue tipped acro and some pokerstar monti, maybe we can work out a trade after I get back.

AcroporaLokani
Sorry to hear about your tank. My Aquapod is doing great. It is full of coral waiting to go into my new 80 gallon reef. The tank is just about cycling and I can't wait!!!

Cool, Ill take a look at both of them. Waiting for the tank to cycle is always the hard part.... I hope if I set up the 29 gal that I wont have a cycle, I had a cycle in both of these even with filling them both up with fully cycled water....

I hope they do good for you, I have the same tank that came with the sixteen inch sunpod and when I sent it to them they asked me if I would just be interested in the 20 inch 70 watt sunpod so I was pretty happy about that. I have a vaction coming up and plan on bringing back some deep water blue tipped acro and some pokerstar monti, maybe we can work out a trade after I get back.

I would love to setup a trade. I still have like 400 zoa polyps 50 SPS frags 40 LPS frags and about 20-25 soft coral frags, So im sure we could work some trade out. Where are you going? Bali?

Cool, Ill take a look at both of them. Waiting for the tank to cycle is always the hard part.... I hope if I set up the 29 gal that I wont have a cycle, I had a cycle in both of these even with filling them both up with fully cycled water....

I would love to setup a trade. I still have like 400 zoa polyps 50 SPS frags 40 LPS frags and about 20-25 soft coral frags, So im sure we could work some trade out. Where are you going? Bali?

I'd like to buy some frags off you sometime. Since you know sps, how would they do in my 80 with a T5HO with 6x54 watt bulbs?

AcroporaLokani
I'd like to buy some frags off you sometime. Since you know sps, how would they do in my 80 with a T5HO with 6x54 watt bulbs?

Some people actually prefer to have T5 lighting for SPS, I have never had it as my main lighting for them however. I would say they would be fine, But make sure to keep them towards the top of the tanks especially the acropora. Some things like monti cap and pocilly may do well towards the mid to bottom of the tank, After me not losing one of ether of those I may just setup a small display with only those in it. But other than keeping the more light demanding SPS towards the top the rest of keeping them is the same as if they were lit by MH, Clean water, calcium, alk, P.H. and all that crap.

And I would like to sell you some frags also. I may want to keep the SPS for a week or so just to make sure there all A-OK and then I can ship them out. Im not sure what the going rate for "basement" frags are but I was thinking like $10 $15 each or like a set of five for $45-$50 or something. Ill have to look up the other prices and see what the going rate is, I may be like way off.

AcroporaLokani

OK, so I just e-mailed current. The back of the warranty said I may have to send the tank in, Hopefully I wont have to because as you can imagine how hard it would be to clean out the "gunk" and I dont have the box it was shipped to me in any longer. I have to say, If I got another all in one I would go with nano-cube. After all the only reason I got two aquapods was because they were supposed to be "Made Better" and that "American products are made better". And with spending $200 dollars per tank I expect years of use out of them not only about six months. Also for $400 I could have gotten a 125 gallon or one of those frag tubs and gotten a better product.

I am going to be moving soon and my new home will be completely powered by solar and wind, so Ill have to design a tank that will be energy efficient, I have already started drawing up the plans but one option was just to have one aquapod (Which now is no longer an option seeing as they are so poorly made, I don't want water stains on my new hard wood floor). So now I think ill just design a small display with three small sumps (two of them being very small frag tanks less than 5 gallons). Or just get a nano-cube 6-gal and call it a day. I will be sad to see my vlamingi tang from my display go, but I will not have un-ending power at my new home I cant have a large display and having solar and wind powering my home it = only one small tank.

I hope that current stands by there product, I will never buy another current product again if they don't. And I guess if they don't I can buy a tube of the aquarium adhesive and seal the leak, I think its only on the top black rim thing. But then im risking even more water damage, My basement is so humid its like a swamp.....

AcroporaLokani
sorry about what happened to the tank. -_- does your display tank have a thread?

No, its more of a fish only tank. Most of my corals are in my frag tanks (or frag tank now). I have been looking up nanocube 6 and I think ill go with one of those as my new display so ill setup a thread on that when (and if) I get it. And really the only reason I have the main tank is for my beloved vlamingi tang.

And no reply from current so far...

AcroporaLokani

Current replied and said that they would not be replacing or fixing the tank. They said I would have to go to drsfosterandsmith.com where I purchased it from. They did say that they were sorry but what good will that do me? If they were so sorry they would have had me send the tank in so they could fix it or they would have sent me a new tank.

Honestly I don't know why (or how) people keep saying current is so help full. They said it probably was damaged during shipping, Even with it being set up for nearly six months.

I have dealt with drsfosterandsmith before and they were very help full with a power head that was missing some parts, So hopefully they will stand by the products they sell. Even with it being currents 1-year warranty.

Since current did NOTHING to help me, even with there 1-year full warranty I will never buy another current product again. Sure I may have only spent a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars on there products in a year but they have still lost my money since they refused to stand by there 1-year warranty on there faulty product.

I have decided that if I ever get another all in one tank ill go with JBJ's nano-cube.

Archived