SaltCritters.com

AcroporaLokani's Frag Tank

AcroporaLokani

Current replied and said that they would not be replacing or fixing the tank. They said I would have to go to drsfosterandsmith.com where I purchased it from. They did say that they were sorry but what good will that do me? If they were so sorry they would have had me send the tank in so they could fix it or they would have sent me a new tank.

Honestly I don't know why (or how) people keep saying current is so help full. They said it probably was damaged during shipping, Even with it being set up for nearly six months.

I have dealt with drsfosterandsmith before and they were very help full with a power head that was missing some parts, So hopefully they will stand by the products they sell. Even with it being currents 1-year warranty.

Since current did NOTHING to help me, even with there 1-year full warranty I will never buy another current product again. Sure I may have only spent a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars on there products in a year but they have still lost my money since they refused to stand by there 1-year warranty on there faulty product.

I have decided that if I ever get another all in one tank ill go with JBJ's nano-cube.

I just had a halide bulb burn out after more than 3 months. I called current and they said it it was within 3 months and I had the receipt they would replace it. I didn't have a receipt so I called the lfs where I bought the bulb from and they made me a fake receipt and current sent me a new bulb. That's horrible that they didn't stand by their warrenty. What was their reasoning?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AcroporaLokani
I just had a halide bulb burn out after more than 3 months. I called current and they said it it was within 3 months and I had the receipt they would replace it. I didn't have a receipt so I called the lfs where I bought the bulb from and they made me a fake receipt and current sent me a new bulb. That's horrible that they didn't stand by their warrenty. What was their reasoning?

There reason was that I got it from drsfosterandsmith.com, They said basically that its The Drs. problem not ours. But like I said I will never buy another product from current. They have terrible customer service and they wont stand by there products. They also said something about the glass on aquapods being so thick that they don't think it leaked on its own and blamed it on shipping, even with it being setup for about six months. Its not like they were mean in the e-mail just said sweetly that they wont do anything for me. I just hope that the Drs. will do something for me.

And when I pay $200 per tank I expect it to last for years. I have a ten gallon tank thats twenty years old and its still just as strong and holds water just as good as the first time I set it up, And it only cost $7.

I have decided to set up the 29 gal long in the next week or two. The one 12 gal tank is WAY to cramped (with there being close to 200 frags/colonies in it).

Its cool that you have a good LFS, Mine is terrible they don't even have heaters in there tanks. Let alone filters......

gulfsurfer101

I guess this is why they no longer stoch these with the hqi any more. See what DFS tells you, thye will probably be way better to you than current was. I wouldn't buy from them after hearing this either.

There reason was that I got it from drsfosterandsmith.com, They said basically that its The Drs. problem not ours. But like I said I will never buy another product from current. They have terrible customer service and they wont stand by there products. They also said something about the glass on aquapods being so thick that they don't think it leaked on its own and blamed it on shipping, even with it being setup for about six months. Its not like they were mean in the e-mail just said sweetly that they wont do anything for me. I just hope that the Drs. will do something for me.

And when I pay $200 per tank I expect it to last for years. I have a ten gallon tank thats twenty years old and its still just as strong and holds water just as good as the first time I set it up, And it only cost $7.

I have decided to set up the 29 gal long in the next week or two. The one 12 gal tank is WAY to cramped (with there being close to 200 frags/colonies in it).

Its cool that you have a good LFS, Mine is terrible they don't even have heaters in there tanks. Let alone filters......

Did you actually talk to someone at Current? That's what I did.

AcroporaLokani
I guess this is why they no longer stock these with the HQI any more. See what DFS tells you, they will probably be way better to you than current was. I wouldn't buy from them after hearing this either.

I just dont understand why they even have a warranty if they wont put it in to affect.

Did you actually talk to someone at Current? That's what I did.

I e-mailed with them, To be honest I think I would have a few "foul" words the the poor man or woman who dares to pick up the phone when I call. I replied to there e-mail and they didn't even care enough to respond. Yea they were REAL sorry (Im being sarcastic :D).

Ill be e-mailing or calling drsfosterandsmith.com today. Like I said I have dealt with them with a power head that had missing parts and it was very easy and not that much of a bother at all. So I can only hope. If they wont do anything for me ill try and patch the leak myself with some aquarium sealant.

I have everything I need for the 29 gal long and ill be setting it up once I get the stand cleaned up, There are some plants sitting on it and ill have to put them out side.

... another aquapod bursted today... this time belonging to a scnrs member. -_- i guess its a testament to aquapod quality.

... another aquapod bursted today... this time belonging to a scnrs member. -_- i guess its a testament to aquapod quality.

I hope that dosen't happen to mine. How old was the ap again? Well, good luck AcroporaLokani. Let us know what happens.

I hope that dosen't happen to mine. How old was the ap again? Well, good luck AcroporaLokani. Let us know what happens.

not even six months old. it was started feb 18

AcroporaLokani

Yea, If I would have known this I would have gotten two nano-cube 6's even if they did burst that still would only have been the cost of one of these tanks...

I will, Ive been working all day and I havent had a chance to e-mail the drs. yet....

not even six months old. it was started feb 18

Yea, Its sad that a name brand tank is built so poorly that it leaks half of the water out after less than 6 months....

That's just sad and bad.

I agree. But now I am seriously looking in to the JBJ nano-cube 6. If drsfosterandsmith.com gives me like a gift card or something ill be getting one of those for sure.

AcroporaLokani
I mean what size is the one your thinking about getting?

The one I was thinking about getting was a 6 gallon nano-cube, But that would be for a small display. The one Im going to upgrade the one remaining AP to is a 29 gallon long, I just have no space with all the coral being stuffed in the one tank. They were both cramped as it was so now doubling the amount of frags it is about ready to burst (hopefully not for real this time).

The one I was thinking about getting was a 6 gallon nano-cube, But that would be for a small display. The one Im going to upgrade the one remaining AP to is a 29 gallon long, I just have no space with all the coral being stuffed in the one tank. They were both cramped as it was so now doubling the amount of frags it is about ready to burst (hopefully not for real this time).

Oh ok. I was thinking you were getting a 6 gallon for a prop tank.

AcroporaLokani
Oh ok. I was thinking you were getting a 6 gallon for a prop tank.

No, I think that would be to small. Although I may end up using some of the sand bottom of the tank for a few frags of the coral thats growing in it.....

AcroporaLokani

Well I just set up the 29 gallon yesterday. Im just waiting for the tank to clear up before I post pics its still a bit blurry from the sand I put it, No more bare bottom frag tanks for me.... I only have on layer of frag racks in this tank but I could easily fit three layers in it.

DrsFosterandSmith.com Said that they would not be able to replace the tank since it was about six months old. They said to contact current about the warranty. I don't blame DrsFosterandSmith.com for not replacing the tank since they don't have a warranty for there tanks, Only for shipping damage.

I do however blame current.

Any one know how to change the title of this thread?

Well I just set up the 29 gallon yesterday. Im just waiting for the tank to clear up before I post pics its still a bit blurry from the sand I put it, No more bare bottom frag tanks for me.... I only have on layer of frag racks in this tank but I could easily fit three layers in it.

DrsFosterandSmith.com Said that they would not be able to replace the tank since it was about six months old. They said to contact current about the warranty. I don't blame DrsFosterandSmith.com for not replacing the tank since they don't have a warranty for there tanks, Only for shipping damage.

I do however blame current.

Any one know how to change the title of this thread?

I think all you have to do is go to your 1st post and click edit and full edit. The option should be there.

AcroporaLokani
I think all you have to do is go to your 1st post and click edit and full edit. The option should be there.

Ok thanks.

AcroporaLokani
nice layout

check out my new build

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=162325&hl=

Nice MH mods you got there. I would say I wanted to try the same if I still had an aquapod :D

O god don't say that

Moving mine I heard a crack but no water leakage as of yet.

Well hopefully your tank wont leak. And even if it does look on the good side, You'll get to pick out a new tank and new corals.

Sorry I have not posted pics of the new 29 gallon tank, Ill try and get them up in the next day or two.

Where does biological filtration take place in a tank like that? I wouldn't think that the small amount of liverock that would fit into the back chamber would provide enough biological filtration to support such a large population of frags. Do the frag plugs also help out?

Either way these tanks are pretty awesome. I have been thinking about starting a small tank to grow out frags from my main tank. I like the idea of using a small AIO with racks like this.

AcroporaLokani

UPDATE

I just upgrades my 55 gal main tank to a 80 gal.

Here is the new 29 gal long frag tank.

SPS side

img7213to4.jpg

img7212pz6.jpg

Soft Coral (Middle Section)

img7214bv3.jpg

LPS and Polyp side

img7215at3.jpg

And a bad FTS

img7216gy1.jpg

My new 80 gallon main tank. Some one was asking about my main so here it is.

img7266zg2.jpg

My beloved vlamingii tang

img7265uk2.jpg

I just setup the 80 gal so the water is still a bit cloudy, The gravel is some what uneven at the moment but ill fix that.

Ive had to shut down three tanks in the past week since Im moving within the next two months and the 29 gal and the 80 gal are the only ones left. But I did find a great new LFS when I was trying to find a good home for my large fresh water fish (18 inch pacu and my 14 inch pleco). The LFS ended up putting them both in to a massive 500 gallon tank with a huge school of 20 pacu's. I also had to get rid of my clown fish since he was in his own tank and he did not get along with my tang. The clown was put in to a different 500 gal tank and will be kept as the "Nemo" fish. There were about 5 kids poking the glass shouting "Look at nemo" And "Can I have him dad?" So the few fish I have had to give away are in a good home.

AcroporaLonani

AcroporaLokani
Where does biological filtration take place in a tank like that? I wouldn't think that the small amount of liverock that would fit into the back chamber would provide enough biological filtration to support such a large population of frags. Do the frag plugs also help out?

Either way these tanks are pretty awesome. I have been thinking about starting a small tank to grow out frags from my main tank. I like the idea of using a small AIO with racks like this.

There wasn't much biological filtration in the two 12 gal tanks, there were many frag plugs so Im sure they did help. But the two tanks were somewhat unstable without the sand. If I every try another AIO I will for sure use a deep sand bed to help it become more stable.

The good thing about an AIO tank is that it looks clean and most of the wires from the heater/power heads are hidden behind the false wall. I would never buy another aquapod (Or another current product) But if I were you I would look up the tank that best fits your needs and have some fun making hundreds of coral frags.

(And this is the 100th post on this thread)

Archived