Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Full Monti

dshnarw

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice montis everyone

i just started getting into monti caps myself, just put in an order from fr for a purple base green polyp cap and tyrees pink polyp cap and purple flower petal cap and i also have a purple polyp purple rim cap i got from east coast atlantis, the purple rim hasnt come in yet but the polyps are amazing

no pics yet since i just ordered most of them and my computer is also back home

heres a pic of a monti cap my lfs back home has that i think is really nice

1119071643.jpg

Blueberry muffin M. peltiformis

monti-peltiformis.jpg

Orange M. capricornis

blenny-on-cap.jpg

Cap above before fragged

2198085612_2df6e7bdbb.jpg?v=0

true undata, superman photos to come... don't have any good ones. True undata is by far my favorite montipora, if not favorite coral.

AcroporaLokani

Here are some monti's in my frag tanks.

Regular monti cap

img4923ty6.jpg

Heres an odd one it has white flesh and glowing green polyps, has any one seen this color of monti before?

img4984zy1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thread needs a bump...I've been so busy with the biotope and coldwater tanks to add pics here.

I'll just start with the ones I got in the V-day swap from dweak (thanks again!!!)

green cap/green polyps:

HPIM3764.jpg

kiwi confusa:

HPIM3765.jpg

purple cap/purple polyps:

HPIM3766.jpg

green cap/blue polyps:

HPIM3767.jpg

green digi 1:

HPIM3773.jpg

green digi 2:

HPIM3768.jpg

pokerstar?? (THIS THING IS WEIRD!! looks green sometimes, red sometimes):

HPIM3762.jpg

forest fire digi:

HPIM3763.jpg

I have to say, I'm not convinced of the pokerstar, but I've definitely never seen one like it. Certainly not the same thing as the Mr. Coral pokerstar... I can't get the pics to do it, but at some angles the polyps are green, some they're red. It's like a mix between rainbow and the pokerstar I'm familiar with...

pokerstar?? (THIS THING IS WEIRD!! looks green sometimes, red sometimes):

HPIM3762.jpg

I have to say, I'm not convinced of the pokerstar, but I've definitely never seen one like it. Certainly not the same thing as the Mr. Coral pokerstar... I can't get the pics to do it, but at some angles the polyps are green, some they're red. It's like a mix between rainbow and the pokerstar I'm familiar with...

In 6 months, once all the edge coloring is gone and it has grown, you'll be left with this...

T-3%2018%20Polkerstar%20Montipora.jpg

It is the same pokerstar as Dr. Mac's Collector's Reserve Stock SPS Frags.

Give it time. ;)

I supposed i'll show off mine. Grown from just a small pathetic brown fragment. :lol:

This is an old pic even so its really grown twice as much now.(camera is broken atm)

Montipora-Sep-29-07.png

In 6 months, once all the edge coloring is gone and it has grown, you'll be left with this...

T-3%2018%20Polkerstar%20Montipora.jpg

It is the same pokerstar as Dr. Mac's Collector's Reserve Stock SPS Frags.

Give it time. ;)

Didn't know it changed colors!! That's screwy!

:lol: works for me! I shoulda known to look through there...that explains the confusion :)

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Where is the best place for finding monti's online... the stores in colorado, just dont have a selection.

I think I have gotten all of my really nice ones via local clubs and the forums like NR.

I got my Sunrise from CherryCorals.com. They have some nice stuff.

Found this at an LFS yesterday for CHEAP, but the pic sucks - color won't come through. Very nice green, with brown polyps and purple growth edges.

HPIM3873.jpg

kiwi confusa

Think I'm gonna cut that top rectangle off for frags...looks too unnatural as is.

Found this at an LFS yesterday for CHEAP, but the pic sucks - color won't come through. Very nice green, with brown polyps and purple growth edges.

HPIM3873.jpg

kiwi confusa

Think I'm gonna cut that top rectangle off for frags...looks too unnatural as is.

th_MineMineMine.jpg

ive gotten some really nice monti caps from fragglereef.com

i got a pink polyp cap, purple polyp cap, and a green polyp with purple base cap from him

prices were fairly low i thought

ive gotten some really nice monti caps from fragglereef.com

i got a pink polyp cap, purple polyp cap, and a green polyp with purple base cap from him

prices were fairly low i thought

How were the colors?

i had a purple/blue cap that i got from atlantis in va and i thought that was pretty bright but after i got the one from fraggle...wow

the purple polyps on that cap was SOOOOOO much brighter and the pink was bright when it first came in but the color seems to be fading a little bit but right now its under some really yellow light

once i get them in my tank im sure the color will come right back

Wow - there are some really nice monti pics here! I'm shopping for a rainbow and pokerstar so I'm tagging along. I saw someone post cherrycorals.com as a good place to purchase - any other recommendations?

Wow - there are some really nice monti pics here! I'm shopping for a rainbow and pokerstar so I'm tagging along. I saw someone post cherrycorals.com as a good place to purchase - any other recommendations?

Mr. Coral is where dtfleming and I get a lot of our montis

Thanks for the feedback! I like Mr Coral and have purchased from them recently but they are limited on their monti stock at the moment. I'll wait for another update from them - maybe they'll have more soon.

Archived