Cultivated Reef

!911! Help its spreading

cobra9898

I noticed thies white spots on my zoas, WTF at first i thought my new Frogspawn had stung my large colony, then white spots appeared on my zoas across the tank, What to do??

Ammo---------0

Nitrite----------0

Nitrate (n03)-15

PH-------------8.0

phos-----------0

SG-------------1.026

Before:

exyBqKb_4z_HFcszQkUjOl0Rzy384b_b.jpg

After

wP-Bv5vz2z8ZP9anxJoikmmIp4HQICvO.jpg

YsDP9ZXT7T8TdqX9c0JtUsC-LwbdeaX3.jpg

I noticed thies white spots on my zoas, WTF at first i thought my new Frogspawn had stung my large colony, then white spots appeared on my zoas across the tank, What to do??

Ammo---------0

Nitrite----------0

Nitrate (n03)-15

PH-------------8.0

phos-----------0

SG-------------26

[/url][/img]

26 is salinity.. and im pretty sure thats low

Ph should be at about 8.2-8.4. And for the salt I'm sure you mean 1.026. My zoas have small white dots in the center but not all my Zoas do. Just sit tight and someone will help you.

It started to develop 2 1/2 weeks after i added my new frogspawn. this colony was pretty close to it so i thought maybe it got stung, so i moved it. today(i week later) i notice it started to spread to my other zoas.

snowlancer2720

def zoapox, i had them and they wiped out my tank in my sig...i think your supposed to do a furan dip, but i would check zoaid for more info. GL

You definitely have zoa pox and you need to take immediate action.

See here for more info, including the cure:

http://www.zoaid.com/articles004.php

Basically, you need to get some Furan-2 and do a dip with 1 cup tankwater, 1 tab/packet of Furan-2 for 15-30 mins. You will probably have to do the dip a few times to totally eradicate it.

See the link for more info.

GET SOME FURAN-2 NOW!!!

That is a pretty heavy case, do you have other colonies in the tank? I had 2 colonies affected one pretty bad and the other not so bad. I used furan 2; The not so bad fully recovered, the more severely infected ones kept getting worse.

unfortunatly the largest colony got hit the hardest, i wish i would have caught it earlier. I hope it makes it through, it seems 65% of my zoas are infected. I already started the treatment. This is horrible.

DogfoodEnforcer

this is horrible to hear/see. luckily you've started the treatment, so for the time being all you have to concentrate on is getting them dipped a few more times. no point in stressing out until after you have completed the treatment. i know that it's hard not to, but it's healthier for yourself if you dont :) lol

GOOD LUCK!

GrandeGixxer

FWIW, a pH of 8.0 really isn't bad as long as your alk, ca and mg are on target. You just need to keep your pH consistant. I bet if you open a window in your house it will go up some though.

well, I just removed my large infected colony, it only got worse, however all is not lost, the rest of my zoas seem to be recovering faily well.in reading the zoapox artical, i learned i may have ran to much carbon. i usually run my fluval once a month with 2 bags of carbon and some poly fill to polish my water.

well, I just removed my large infected colony, it only got worse, however all is not lost, the rest of my zoas seem to be recovering faily well.in reading the zoapox artical, i learned i may have ran to much carbon. i usually run my fluval once a month with 2 bags of carbon and some poly fill to polish my water.

If it comes in on infected zoas I am not sure there is much that can be done. When was your last addition?

• 2 weeks later...

last addition was about one month before the poxwell it seems the pox are gone, i managed to save my tank with the exeption of the large colony. furan 2 worked for me

Archived