Pod Your Reef

SuppressiveFire's 40 Breeder project's

suppressive fire

I love the stand. I like the look of a solid wood piece with the unnoticeable hoods but I'm wondering how are this hoods holds in place? Did you finally found the ball tension catchers somewhere cheap? I think they'll work great in the top of the hood.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im planing on going black.

You'll never go back.....

Looks nifty, with I had some DIY skills. If it was metal I could handle it but wood work I don't do.

buehler .........No comments lol

Tell you what, start posting in my 40g thread and I'll post in yours. That way at least we can pretend someone is watching.

suppressive fire
You'll never go back.....

Looks nifty, with I had some DIY skills. If it was metal I could handle it but wood work I don't do.

Tell you what, start posting in my 40g thread and I'll post in yours. That way at least we can pretend someone is watching.

Deal lmao. :lol:

buehler .........No comments lol

Because I don't know enough about builds to say anything intelligent. But I am following. And it all looks very cool to me! :)

--Diane

• 3 weeks later...
suppressive fire
Nice skimmer, want to send it to me?

lmao...sure......not! lol anywho i think this skimmer would work great for you to though.

and also im soon modding this skimmer.

suppressive fire

Ok more pics of the progress!

This is to simulate a power outage.(to all of you that i would have to much drainback and siphoning:p )

24thtank017uv6.jpg

sump to show no water in yet but showing how even with water ill have more than enough room for drain off.

24thtank015af2.jpg

top tank

24thtank023wf3.jpg

middle tank

24thtank019hy8.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sump baffles siliconed in.

"Southard Style baffles"

For higher flow sump to slow down the water and help micro bubbles to rise, Also the gaps are all different and in place to evenly distribute the water if you know what I mean. (this is done because the left side would have rushed in to the pump bulkhead quicker than the far side so that had to be compensated.)

24thtank010fe7.jpg

Comments

Nice setup so far. I like your baffle design, and look forward to seeing how that filters out microbubbles. Tagging along. :)

Archived