ReefCleaners.org

Refugium vs. AquaClear mini

ch0ch

Is a fuge alot better to have then a regular filter (aquaclear mini)?

Can I hear the pros and cons of both ??? and is the fuge going to cost alot more?

junglejim83

A fuge will add more water volume to your tanks and you could add rock and macro to it furthering the health of your system, the mini is great for circulation on a small nano, inconspicuous, and easy to use.

Do what I did have 2 in one...

if you have any diy skills and some patients build a behing the tank refuge(almost like and enormous media compartment) basically you need a aq mini,sheet of1/8"-1/4" plexiglass(depending on how big you want it), a plexi glass scorer, and plastic bonding glue(the thicker Weldon, and elmer's makes a similar glue). If you want a bigger fuge dont make a hang on, let it be self supporting. the basic idea is that you take the pump and overflow spout of the misni and glue it to a much larger media compartment. I am not currently running this b/c i setup a new system, but it worked great for a year before i broke down my old tank.

Jim

junglejim83

I will have pics. Unfortunately i will be away for 2 weeks so i wont be able to get them up till the middle of july

Jim

well im plannin on making a fuge underneath the 7 gallon i am having built with a 5.5 gallon tank... and im using a good sized pump about 300 gph ... and a 100 gph power head ... i think it will work out alright....

what kind of light setup can i buy for a 5.5gallon refugium?

use the 6500k bulbs from home depot. the screwin florecents. 19 watts in a blue package. the are the kind the are supposed to replace incadecent bulbs

Archived