Cultivated Reef

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

Wow the tank is looking FANTASTIC!!!!!! I am jealous of the sunpod. The pictures are stunning!

It's 'bout damn time I had a comment!!! ;)

Thanks bro!!! I really appreciate it!!!

Man, I need to get me a ATO now... Damn evap! :lol:

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanks lookin real nice man, you're right about dustin and debbie at zoanuts, they are top notch! Love the camera shots, I wish I could get my crappy camera to focus properly like that.

• 2 weeks later...
Your tank is amazing.

Thanks a ton... I really appreciate the kind words!!!

Man, I thought nobody was watching this damn thread!!!

Wow, I love your aquarium! I wish my NC looked like that.

Thanks!!!

Give it time, trust me... If I can make it look like this, you shouldn't have any worries! I'M A NEWB!!!

Your tank is looking sweet man! I love the acans. I just started geting in to them. I have 3 Aussies (just got 2 today) and one indo. They are sweet!!!

David,

I just got my 24G DX cube set up and am noticing temps of 82.5 (with a Coralife digital thermometer) after 6 hours or so of having the stock lighting on.

Just curious what your temps look like on an average basis.

Thanks,

Marc

PS - It's my first tank, and if you look up newb in the dictionary you'll see my pic!

David,

I just got my 24G DX cube set up and am noticing temps of 82.5 (with a Coralife digital thermometer) after 6 hours or so of having the stock lighting on.

Just curious what your temps look like on an average basis.

Thanks,

Marc

PS - It's my first tank, and if you look up newb in the dictionary you'll see my pic!

Hey Marc,

First of all... CONGRATS!!!

I've heard that the Corslife thermometers can be quite a bit off. I use a Tom's, and so far it seems pretty close.

My temps did climb up fairly high on hot days with the stock lighting. Now, I'm open top with MH, and on hot days it climbs up higher than I'd like. I have a fan I position at the tank. It seems to bring a down a degree or two!

I think if I where you, I'd make sure the digital thermometer is accurate...

Good luck bro, and keep me posted!

• 2 weeks later...
davidr2340

NEW CAMERA TIME!!!

Canon Rebel XSI!!!

Excuse these shots... Straight out of the box... Fully auto... And a DSLR NEWB!!!

Six-Thirty-OhEight035.jpg

Six-Thirty-OhEight036.jpg

Six-Thirty-OhEight039.jpg

Six-Thirty-OhEight040.jpg

Six-Thirty-OhEight052.jpg

Six-Thirty-OhEight041.jpg

Six-Thirty-OhEight038.jpg

Six-Thirty-OhEight047.jpg

Give me some time... I'll get used to DSLR some day!!! :lol:

On a side note, tank is coming along. It's actually been HOT here the past few days, so the tank has been heatin' up a bit more than I'd like. But everything is doing good!

I picked up a submersible LED fuge light today, and moved on from my "ghetto ass" soap dish fuge!!! :lol: We'll see how the chaeto like it's new home!!!

Thanks for looking all!!!

Man tank looks great! Love the light from the sunpod. I have been thinking about upgrading my lighting but really love the look of the fully enclosed full hood. Thinking about the JBJ Nanocube 150 HQI upgrade canopy but I'm worried about heat issues. Anyway back to your tank. Love the Acans. I just got a Duncan frag today when it grows out maybe we can exchange frags. Man I need to set up a thread for my 24G nanocube. Keep up the great tank and pics!

davidr2340
Man tank looks great! Love the light from the sunpod. I have been thinking about upgrading my lighting but really love the look of the fully enclosed full hood. Thinking about the JBJ Nanocube 150 HQI upgrade canopy but I'm worried about heat issues. Anyway back to your tank. Love the Acans. I just got a Duncan frag today when it grows out maybe we can exchange frags. Man I need to set up a thread for my 24G nanocube. Keep up the great tank and pics!

Get the Sunpod!!! At first I really loved my closed hood... Now that I'm open top, I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks a million for the great compliments! I really appreciate it!!!

You{re on about the exchange... That is if I grow a pair and decide to frag and ship!!! :lol: I{ve always worried that I{ll kill something!!!

Get the Sunpod!!! At first I really loved my closed hood... Now that I'm open top, I LOVE IT!!!

Took your advice got a sunpod coming in. Seeing how good your tank looked under one was one of the reasons why I decided on the sunpod vs. the JBJ upgrade canopy kit.

Nick's Reef

Great pics, I love the yelpw polyps growing up through the radioactive green dragon eyes and the little clown is so cute! :D

davidr2340
Holy xenia batman! The tank is looking very nice man!

Thanks! The Xenia is nuts!!! I now have 5 stalks growing up my back wall near the top! But, I love 'em!!!

Took your advice got a sunpod coming in. Seeing how good your tank looked under one was one of the reasons why I decided on the sunpod vs. the JBJ upgrade canopy kit.

You will NOT be dissapointed!!! I too loved the look of the closed canopy. But, once I went topless with the Sunpod, never going back!!! :mellow:

Keep me posted how everything turns out...

Great pics, I love the yelpw polyps growing up through the radioactive green dragon eyes and the little clown is so cute! :D

Thanks bro! That was a sweet deal I got at my LFS... I think I paid thirty for that rock!!! I am a little worried the Yellow polyps will overtake the zoas though... We'll see!

The clowns are great as well!!! I rescued this pair of mis-bars from my local "Death Co." They are much happier now I think!

from recent pics, i noticed that you removed the hydor flo. any particular reason why? i was thinking of picking one up myself.

davidr2340
from recent pics, i noticed that you removed the hydor flo. any particular reason why? i was thinking of picking one up myself.

I took it off for a while, just for some change. It's been back on now for a few weeks!

I took it off for a while, just for some change. It's been back on now for a few weeks!

does it make a big difference...as far as making your coral happier?

davidr2340
does it make a big difference...as far as making your coral happier?

I really can't tell either way... :huh: They seem to be happy with it, and happy with just the stock outlet! Who knows!!! :lol:

Archived