Coral Vue Hydros

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

Well...

I'm a bit worried. As you guys, and gals know, I lost one of my Yashes' the day after adding the trio. It's been eight days, and no sign of the second Yashe!!! I can see the burrow, and what looks like some sand moved around in another area close by, but NO SIGN of them! I saw the pistol at dinner time 3 days ago... But other than that, NOTHING!!!

All my params are in check, so I don't think they are dead in the hole, but...

I really don't want to go moving everything around to try and find them, but, it might come to that!

I really hope I didn't kill all three of them... :tears:

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TAP TAP TAP...

Well, I still don't know if I have the other Yashe Hase still! I know where they are burrowing, but no sign of him. I've seen the Pistol twice, so I know he's still around!!! Man, that is a damn expensive Candy Stripe pistol shrimp!!! :o

Anyway, I picked up an amazing electric orange plate on Saturday!!! I'm really struggling to capture his true colors, but man, he looks great!!!

Eight-2-oh-eight044.jpg

Eight-2-Oh-Eight065.jpg

Eight-2-Oh-Eight064.jpg

And some other random shots!

This shot sucks, but I'm getting some good growth on this guy!

Eight-2-oh-eight049.jpg

Eight-2-oh-eight048.jpg

Eight-2-oh-eight042.jpg

Eight-2-oh-eight016.jpg

Eight-2-oh-eight046.jpg

Eight-2-oh-eight047.jpg

Eight-2-oh-eight045.jpg

Eight-2-oh-eight043.jpg

Eight-2-oh-eight051.jpg

Also, I finally ran out of my first bucket of salt, which was Oceanic. I did my first water change Sunday with my new salt D-D H2O... So far, I LOVE IT!!!

Let me know what you think all!!!

Thanks...

It's looking good man! Sweet plate and Pom Pom. I had on in my 3 gallon but got rid of it when i got rid of the tank. I thought it would have gotten lost in my big tank but now I wish I kept it.

It's looking good man! Sweet plate and Pom Pom. I had on in my 3 gallon but got rid of it when i got rid of the tank. I thought it would have gotten lost in my big tank but now I wish I kept it.

Thanks bro!

They are sweet critters for sure! I just wish he'd pop out more than once a month or so!!!

I'd like to get another one one of these days...

AcroporaLokani

WOW your lucky that your shrimp/goby pare stays out in the open. I used to have a shrimp/goby pair (not the same gobie but the same exact shrimp) and I haven't seen the shrimp for three years only hearing it "click" every few days.

WOW your lucky that your shrimp/goby pare stays out in the open. I used to have a shrimp/goby pair (not the same gobie but the same exact shrimp) and I haven't seen the shrimp for three years only hearing it "click" every few days.

I wish they did stay out in the open!!! They don't! I've never even heard him "click" either... I saw the CC Pistol two days ago just for a second. I move a big rock from the front of the burrow so I could see them, and within about 15min. time, I see the Pistol moving stuff in front of the burrow as if he didn't want me to look at them! :lol: I'm still not sure if my second, and only, Yashe Hase is alive!!! :(

sweet acans... and sexy plate.. MAN i'm loving your tank ALREADY

Thank-you!!! I just wish I could capture the true colors of the Plate...

AcroporaLokani
I wish they did stay out in the open!!! They don't! I've never even heard him "click" either... I saw the CC Pistol two days ago just for a second. I move a big rock from the front of the burrow so I could see them, and within about 15min. time, I see the Pistol moving stuff in front of the burrow as if he didn't want me to look at them! :lol: I'm still not sure if my second, and only, Yashe Hase is alive!!! :(

Oh, Well from the great pics of them on the other page I figured they stayed out. If I didn't hear my shrimp click every few days I would have figured it was dead about two weeks after I hadn't seen it.

I have even upgraded my tank a few times and never saw the shrimp, I only hear it clicking......

If you want to hear yours click stick your finger in its burrow (or stick a net handle in there so he doesn't get ya!)

Oh, Well from the great pics of them on the other page I figured they stayed out. If I didn't hear my shrimp click every few days I would have figured it was dead about two weeks after I hadn't seen it.

I have even upgraded my tank a few times and never saw the shrimp, I only hear it clicking......

If you want to hear yours click stick your finger in its burrow (or stick a net handle in there so he doesn't get ya!)

Those pictures where about the first 10 minutes in the tank... After that, GONE! :lol:

Yeah, I don' think I'll be getting my finger NEAR that damn hole... net handle sounds just fine!!! :happy:

Not a whole lot new going on with the tank... Still no sign of my Yashe!!! CC Pistol is alive and kickin' though... I guess I'm chalking this one up as 2 dead Yashe Hase Gobies... :angry: Oh well, I'll try again.

I did finally get around to mounting my Acan frags on the rock instead of the sandbed. Hopefully now I'll see even more growth from them.

SPS frags are getting some damn fine growth on them as well, so I guess that is a positive! I'll try and get some new pictures up in the next day or two.

Thanks for looking!

I am about to get the same tank.

Can you take pictures of the filtraion and what not?

Thanks.

Filtration is my LR...

It's just three chambers split in equal parts. First chamber I have a sponge on bottom, Chemi-pure Elite, and then filter floss on top. Second chamber has Chaeto, and a submersible light, and the third chamber has the return pump and heater.

I'll take some pictures if you still want though...

• 2 weeks later...

Got a few more things last night from a local reefer. I have NEVER seen a set-up this nice in person! :o

Anyway, here are some new pictures...

Acan eating one of my snails! No, it's not the first one either! Bastid!

EightTwentyOhEight002.jpg

New frags...

EightTwentyOhEight028.jpg

EightTwentyOhEight029.jpg

EightTwentyOhEight020.jpg

EightTwentyOhEight030.jpg

EightTwentyOhEight031.jpg

EightTwentyOhEight032.jpg

EightTwentyOhEight033.jpg

EightTwentyOhEight034.jpg

Getting some great growth on both my Monti Cap, and Birdsnest...

EightTwentyOhEight037.jpg

EightTwentyOhEight038.jpg

And some new Acan shots...

EightTwentyOhEight039.jpg

EightTwentyOhEight040.jpg

And a new Yuma, with four heads...

EightTwentyOhEight042.jpg

And a half assed FTS!!!

EightTwentyOhEight025.jpg

I am thinking about getting a Frag Rack... Any advice on that?

Enjoy!!!

WHAT??? No comment on the new stuff bro... DAMN!!! ;)

I really don't want to DIY... -_-

Of course everything looks sweet, I especially love the acans. Making one takes 2 seconds, just glue some egg crate to a mag float and thats it!

Of course everything looks sweet, I especially love the acans. Making one takes 2 seconds, just glue some egg crate to a mag float and thats it!

I know... I just like the looks of the ones already made like sushi sells on here! :happy:

I AM A DUMBASS!!! :angry:

I got my refractometer a few months back, calibrated it, and thought all was well... WRONG!!! I calibrated the damn thing wrong!!! So, for the past few months my salinity has been at 1.029... NO WONDER MY YASHE HASES' DIED!!!

I guess I'm just lucky nobody else has passed on... :huh:

lilredneckman
I AM A DUMBASS!!! :angry:

I got my refractometer a few months back, calibrated it, and thought all was well... WRONG!!! I calibrated the damn thing wrong!!! So, for the past few months my salinity has been at 1.029... NO WONDER MY YASHE HASES' DIED!!!

I guess I'm just lucky nobody else has passed on... :huh:

Wow that sucks! The tank is lookin great bro! If you think about it, your fish and corals have probably just acclimated to the high salinity over time and the new fish just could not handle the change.

edit: Dont get a frag rack! I made one myself and all that it does is block light from underneath it, made it hard to clean the glass around it, and it is unsightly. Just remember how the soap dish fuge looked... its pretty much the same thing but its extremely white.

Wow that sucks! The tank is lookin great bro! If you think about it, your fish and corals have probably just acclimated to the high salinity over time and the new fish just could not handle the change.

edit: Dont get a frag rack! I made one myself and all that it does is block light from underneath it, made it hard to clean the glass around it, and it is unsightly. Just remember how the soap dish fuge looked... its pretty much the same thing but its extremely white.

I don't think these are very unsightly...

SMLLabeled.jpg

I just need to get my SPS frags out of the sandbed! They are on plugs, and I don't feel like taking them off the plugs to mount... I don't want to hurt them! :huh:

lilredneckman
I don't think these are very unsightly...

I just need to get my SPS frags out of the sandbed! They are on plugs, and I don't feel like taking them off the plugs to mount... I don't want to hurt them! :huh:

you may like them but i will never put a frag rack in my tank again. I hated it. If something fell and happened to land behind it i would reach down and my arm would always hit the side of it and make all of my frags fall over. When you clean the glass you have to move it all the way down and then all the way back, and half the time i did that at least one frag would fall off.

But like i said, you may like it. There is only one way to see and that is to give it a try.

you may like them but i will never put a frag rack in my tank again. I hated it. If something fell and happened to land behind it i would reach down and my arm would always hit the side of it and make all of my frags fall over. When you clean the glass you have to move it all the way down and then all the way back, and half the time i did that at least one frag would fall off.

But like i said, you may like it. There is only one way to see and that is to give it a try.

I have NO doubt I'll bump it more than once... -_-

:D :D :D :D :D :D

WOW!!! Great news... I thought FOR SURE the second of my pair of Yashes was dead! Nope!!! I just saw him for the first time in a long damn time!!! WOOT WOOT!!! :lol:

Granted, he wasn't out in the open, but he's alive and well!!!

I'll get some crappy pics up soon!

Man, I'm soooo happy right now!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

WOW!!! Great news... I thought FOR SURE the second of my pair of Yashes was dead! Nope!!! I just saw him for the first time in a long damn time!!! WOOT WOOT!!! :lol:

Granted, he wasn't out in the open, but he's alive and well!!!

I'll get some crappy pics up soon!

Man, I'm soooo happy right now!!!

YYYAAAYYYY :happydance:omgomgomg:bowdown:

Archived