Pod Your Reef

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

BUMP!

Hey all, is there a way I could get this thread moved to the All in One section, instead of starting another new thread there?

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seahorsedreams

Not picking on the aquascaping.... but there's not too many hiding places the way you have it arranged now.

yes.if the moderators/admin wants to do it for you.

Thanks, I'll shoot somebody a PM.

Not picking on the aquascaping.... but there's not too many hiding places the way you have it arranged now.

That's kind of what I was thinking! I'm probably going to get a couple of smaller LR pcs. to add on to it! I'm only @ 22lbs. right now, so I could use a little more anyway!

Thanks!!!

Picked up a small CUC yesterday...

Went to my LFS, and had my water tested again. (Ordered the API Saltwater test kit from Dr. F&S)

All looked good,

Temp. = 79.9

Salinity = 1.025-26

Ph = 8.12

Amonia = 0

Nitrate = 0

Nitrite = 0

Here is what I got,

1 Nassarius snail. This is the only place he has been... Burried!!!

1-12-08018.jpg

3 Astrea snails. These guys love it right at the top of the tank. Actually half way out of the water! I had to move two of them down, and put 'em on my LR. They are doing a helluva job though!

1-12-08021.jpg

1-12-08031.jpg

1 Red Legged Hermit Crab (small)

1-12-08019.jpg

1 Blue Legged Hermit Crab (small)

1-12-08020.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photos, I'm still a newb! :mellow:

I DO plan on getting my first DSLR with my tax return though!!! :happydance:

All is going well with the tank.

My API test Kit arrived last week, so now I don't have to go to the LFS to get tested!!! Very easy test to use, I LIKE IT!

Everything is coming out good! Note the handy "workbench"... ;)

1-19-08001.jpg

Also added a Hydor Flo... I like it so far.

1-19-08002.jpg

One of my hermits was showing off for the camera a few day ago... :)

1-14-08110-1.jpg

I have a question for you all...

I have one Nassarius snail in the tank for now, and he's been in there a week. He has not came out once from the sandbed... Is this normal? I figured he's be out and about once the lights go off, but nope!

Thanks for looking!!!

I have a question for you all...

I have one Nassarius snail in the tank for now, and he's been in there a week. He has not came out once from the sandbed... Is this normal? I figured he's be out and about once the lights go off, but nope!

Thanks for looking!!!

Pretty normal to not see your Nassarius snails. Mine will pop up out of the sand at feeding time.

Pretty normal to not see your Nassarius snails. Mine will pop up out of the sand at feeding time.

Right on... I don't add any food yet, so...

Thanks bro!

Right on... I don't add any food yet, so...

Thanks bro!

Well, I threw a few flakes in for the first time tonight... Look who decided to show himself! I guess he's hungry!!! :huh:

1-20-08014.jpg

1-20-08016.jpg

1-20-08018.jpg

how long did you have the LR and everything cycling before you started adding livestock? did your nitrate/nitrite levels rise and then fall back to zero? I have just stated my 28g HQI nano saturday night and all levels still read zero with pH at 8.4 I purchased the LR at LFS out of their tank and drove it home, filled the tank with live sand then saltwater and put the rock in. Could the rock be cured or has it not started yet? What should i expect to see if anything?

how long did you have the LR and everything cycling before you started adding livestock? did your nitrate/nitrite levels rise and then fall back to zero? I have just stated my 28g HQI nano saturday night and all levels still read zero with pH at 8.4 I purchased the LR at LFS out of their tank and drove it home, filled the tank with live sand then saltwater and put the rock in. Could the rock be cured or has it not started yet? What should i expect to see if anything?

:welcome: to N-R.com vrazor. This is davidr's tank thread so let's not hi-jack it too much. He can answer the questions you asked pertaining to his tank. As far as your rock, it's likely already cured. BUT, you still need to exercise patience and wait to be sure you don't have any spikes in your parameters.

Parameters have been holding steady, so I decided to add some life... I picked up a small frag of Fire & Ice Zoas from a local reefer!!! $10.00 for the frag with I'd say, 20-25 polyps on it! I'm happy with that!

Here they are shortly after putting them in,

1-27-08020.jpg

My hermit loves them... I caught him hiding under the damn shell they're on!

1-27-08026.jpg

Here they are a few hours after arriving,

1-27-08040.jpg

And another boring FTS,

1-27-08039.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photos! Only a short time 'till DSLR!!!

I've heard that the Fire & Ice grow pretty fast, yeah, no???

Went to my LFS, and got a new rock with some yellow polyps, and some cool looking zoas on it as well...

Love the way they sway in the flow...

2-1-08022.jpg

2-1-08024.jpg

2-1-08029.jpg

2-1-08030.jpg

Also added a Koralia Nano... So far I love it!

2-1-08028.jpg

And for the FTS... It's not much yet, but it's coming along nicely I think!

2-1-08025.jpg

Thanks for lookin' all!!!

FyrFighter2004

Looking good man! Ive got the koralia 1 in mine, and I just cant decide if I want to get the nano and the hydor flo as well. It just seems thats theres almost too much flow in my tank right now.

Looking good man! Ive got the koralia 1 in mine, and I just cant decide if I want to get the nano and the hydor flo as well. It just seems thats theres almost too much flow in my tank right now.

Thanks bro!

I like both of them (The Nano, and the Flo)... I thought about getting the 1, but I liked the size of the Nano better!

Got some Florida Ric's from ebin on Saturday... I must say, it was a pleasure!!!

Photos SUCK! This was a few hours after placing them in the tank!

2-2-08015.jpg

2-2-08013.jpg

They still looks pretty much the same... I hope they all make it!

Tanks is moving right along! Parameters have been looking good. Did my routine "Sunday water change" yesterday before the game... Pretty boring actually!!!

I'm thinking it might be time to think about a fish... I will have a pair of Picassos eventually, but I would really would like a YWG, or a pair of Yasha Hase Gobys paired up with a shrimp! Any thoughts on this? Would it be better to get the clownfish pair first, or the gobys?

Tap tap tap... damn, am I the only one following my thread!?!? ;)

Anyways...

So, I had to go into "Deathco" last night for kitty litter, and came home with a Fire Shrimp! I know... I bought livestock from Petco, but I feel I did this guy a favor, so don't flame me to death!

Man, he looks great! Kind of camera shy though, so bear with me...

2-6-08009.jpg

2-6-08010.jpg

Sorry 'bout the flash bro... :huh:

2-6-08014.jpg

Nice tank!! Im starting up a tank next week, looking at all your pictures makes it even more exciting. What kind of fish do you plan on stocking tank?

It's about damn time somebody has something to say!!! :)

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Look forward to seeing your tank get set up!

As far as fish... The only two that I'm almost 100% sure on is, a pair Picasso Clowns! I would also like to add a Yellow Watchman Goby, or a mated pair of the Yasha Hase Goby!

Go for the Yasha. I have a ywg and he almost never comes out. No personality there. Your tank looks good. I love the fire shrimp. They are fun. Keep it up!

:happy:

Go for the Yasha. I have a ywg and he almost never comes out. No personality there. Your tank looks good. I love the fire shrimp. They are fun. Keep it up!

:happy:

Thanks Megan!

You have a beautiful looking tank yourself!!!

Thanks for the advice on the YWG... It'll probably be a while before I add them, as I'd like to add the Picasso's first!

Archived