Innovative Marine Aquariums

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm somewhat confused now because i saw this LR https://www.etropicals.com/product/prod_Dis...amp;pCatId=1359

which seems almost the same as the box from liveaquaria only much cheaper.. anyone use this stuff?

now i see one is cured and one is not... is this the only difference?

bump?

I have no experience with that rock. It is a different variety, and uncured. Those are the differences I see...

are you trying to rub it in? J/K my LFS's all have crap.. and charge $7.. with no growth on them or anything.. and they're just... i dont know.. i dont like them

are you trying to rub it in? J/K my LFS's all have crap.. and charge $7.. with no growth on them or anything.. and they're just... i dont know.. i dont like them

Same here, the lowest I found was $7.00/lb, and I didn't really care for the look of it!

:angry: Looks like no LV for me 'till Monday!!! So, three extra days sitting in a warehouse in Seattle... DAMN!!! :angry:

correction... i drove an hour away from me.. got live rock for 4.99/lb.. and i only got charged for five lbs but i swear i got more.. didnt bother to weigh it though..

Rock FINALLY got here just now!

It looks pretty good, and smells ok... Should I still use it after taking sooo long?

For those that don't know, I ordered this rock last week, shipped Next Day Air, for delivery on Friday. Well, Fedex has some plane "trouble", so instead of Friday, it sat around all weekend 'till today!!!

What say you all... Should I throw it in?

12-31-07004.jpg

12-31-07007.jpg

12-31-07006.jpg

12-31-07005.jpg

Thanks again guys and gals!!!

Obsessed Reefer
What say you all... Should I throw it in?

12-31-07004.jpg

12-31-07007.jpg

12-31-07006.jpg

12-31-07005.jpg

Are you kidding me? I would love to have that. It looks great!! Use it, and so what that your cycle takes a little bit longer. It's worth it.

Are you kidding me? I would love to have that. It looks great!! Use it, and so what that your cycle takes a little bit longer. It's worth it.

Thanks!

I thought it looked pretty good! Was just worried (Damn NEWB!). :happy:

Put the rock in the tank yesterday... Finally starting to look like "a tank"!

1-1-08035.jpg

1-1-08042.jpg

1-1-08038.jpg

Thanks again!

Looks great so far, can we get a closer view of the aquascape?? =)

and how is that digital power center, i'm going to be buying one and am trying to figure out which one is best.

and how is that digital power center, i'm going to be buying one and am trying to figure out which one is best.

Thanks! I'll try to get a couple better photos up of the aquascape. I'm not sure if I'm happy with it the way it is...

The digital power center is pretty good so far. I'm kind of limited with how I can control my lighting since it's a Nano Cube. I need to get the Moon Light Fix from Nanotuners, so I can have some control!

FyrFighter2004

Its looking good! I'll be geting my rock on Friday I can't wait. Quick question, I've read that after adding the lr and ls that the water really gets its polished clarity. Have you noticed that? I have sw in the tank only right now and its clear, but its not that crystal clear look, if you know what i mean. Oh and refresh my memory, youre running the filter floss right? And im there with you on the power center. Ive got the same one and its frustrating knowng that i cant run my nite leds with the mains on a timer

Its looking good! I'll be geting my rock on Friday I can't wait. Quick question, I've read that after adding the lr and ls that the water really gets its polished clarity. Have you noticed that? I have sw in the tank only right now and its clear, but its not that crystal clear look, if you know what i mean. Oh and refresh my memory, youre running the filter floss right? And im there with you on the power center. Ive got the same one and its frustrating knowng that i cant run my nite leds with the mains on a timer

Can't wait to see your rock bro!

My water is pretty clear... But, I have what looks like some micro bubbles that I'm not real happy with. I'm not running filter floss yet, I'm going to wait 'till it cycles, then use that with some Chemi-Pure. I just have one of the stock sponges in there at the moment...

FyrFighter2004

Yeah. It sucks though, because when I went to take pics of my tank set up, i found out my digi cam is busted. I'll have to get my roommate to snap some pics (hes got a retarded expensive camera). Im so tired of looking at water in my tank, its time for some substance. Are you gonna do a fuge? I set mine up to run a fuge before i had any water in the dang thing. Im pumped, hopefully after my cycle and water change i can get my nitrates to 0 real quick.

Yeah. It sucks though, because when I went to take pics of my tank set up, i found out my digi cam is busted. I'll have to get my roommate to snap some pics (hes got a retarded expensive camera). Im so tired of looking at water in my tank, its time for some substance. Are you gonna do a fuge? I set mine up to run a fuge before i had any water in the dang thing. Im pumped, hopefully after my cycle and water change i can get my nitrates to 0 real quick.

No fuge yet for me... I might throw some cheato in a suction cup soap dish later on though.

Here are a couple more aquascape photos... I moved the rock closer to the back wall.

1-6-08008.jpg

Left side...

1-6-08006.jpg

Right side...

1-6-08005.jpg

As you all can see, I have zero creativity!!! -_-

oh my fraggin gosh!

LOL @ zero creativity part.

My 4 year old cousin could have stacked that! But hey it looks great, and that means you got that good of pieces to do simply just that and make it look nice. It seems less then 24lbs unless you got the 22lb rock. You have my mentioned it in the earlier parts, but like many, I skip to the pictures :-P

Great rockwork!

LOL @ zero creativity part.

My 4 year old cousin could have stacked that! But hey it looks great, and that means you got that good of pieces to do simply just that and make it look nice. It seems less then 24lbs unless you got the 22lb rock. You have my mentioned it in the earlier parts, but like many, I skip to the pictures :-P

Great rockwork!

LOL, thanks!

Yeah, I got the 22lbs. I figured after adding other thing attached to rock, I'll be up over 24lbs!

FyrFighter2004

Looking good david, ive got mine up and runnmg now too. Can you explain how to lower the water level in the main tank with out bringing it down in the back? If i run the surface skimmer the water level gets to high in the display and touches the light. Rock looks good though, check mine out in the members tanks section!

Looking good david, ive got mine up and runnmg now too. Can you explain how to lower the water level in the main tank with out bringing it down in the back? If i run the surface skimmer the water level gets to high in the display and touches the light. Rock looks good though, check mine out in the members tanks section!

Uhhh... I'm not really sure!?!?

I'll check yours out!!!

Archived