Cultivated Reef

LR ID please...

Pseudo Gregoree

Pseudo Gregoree

Ok so I type out this big post then went to attatch the pics and got an error and lost my post. frustrating.

heres the specs.

18 gall tall

30 lbs of live rock

30 lbs of sand with some live stuff from friends added.

lights include one like strip fplo. light from petsmart (still havent picked out the lights yet)

the tank is two months old and cycled and gone threw my algae bloow.

I am trying to id these purple marron bulbous things growing on my lr. I have done searching and looked around on some id sites and found some close matched but nothing for sure. I think the closest is bulbous coraline but i am really nmot sure.

they are purple and have lil stems on them and they are growing more and more rapidly and starting to get semi big.

TIA

Greg

powerofslack

It's a cool macroalgae- I have the exact same thing- it grows prolifically but slowly enough that you can decide to prune it, it doesn;t seem to disagree with my corals at all except it will grow out and shade things if you let it but pretty slowly, and my gammarus sp. eat it which is cool. It has spread from the man bunch that pooped up first to a few other places, but again very slowly so if I wanted to get rid of it it would be ieasy but so far I dig it and so do the Gammarus.

Archived