inTank Media Baskets

Brennan's Aquapod 24

BrennanAP24

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BrennanAP24

Thanks, yea things have been growing really fast. I'm about to sell/trade a bunch of my Xenia, I let them grow onto some frag plugs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BrennanAP24
Just curious...what do you dose your tank with?

I add live nanno plankton every 3 days and a bit of strontium/molybdenum once a week. Plus a 15% water change every week.

I see you have some sort of water moving device besides the stock pump?

Did the light upgrade make the water hotter?

Where did you read to throw away the bio-cubes and ceramics?

Those blue sponges are vile.

My 24g Aquapod is having troubles cycling, so my 2 14g biocubes are handling all the coral and fish.

BrennanAP24
I see you have some sort of water moving device besides the stock pump?

Did the light upgrade make the water hotter?

Where did you read to throw away the bio-cubes and ceramics?

Those blue sponges are vile.

My 24g Aquapod is having troubles cycling, so my 2 14g biocubes are handling all the coral and fish.

My other powerhead is a Koralia Nano. The lighting upgrade has not changed my temps they stay between 78-80. As for the bioballs and ceramics, from what i've read most people get rid of them because they can cause excess nitrates.

• 1 month later...

Update

Well its been awhile since my last update, I've been really busy lately with work and I also just bought a house last week so I haven't had much spare time. My tank is still doing well tho, no new additions other then an emerald crab. I am planning on getting a new tank once I move into my house, possible a 39G CAD but im not sure yet. Anyways heres some recent pics....

FTS - 8.5 Months Old

img0032nb4.jpg

Random shot of my hammer's sweeper tentacle

img0045bmf9.jpg

My new Emerald Crab

img0041bgq0.jpg

New Coral

Got a new coral today, a Pineapple Brain coral. I've never seen anything but 'Open Brain's' at the LFS here so when I saw this piece I had to get it.

img0084awv3.jpg

img0085aqz6.jpg

did you upgrade your fans with the light upgrade?

The nanotuners upgrade came with new fans, however I dont they are any better then the stock ones. I have had no heat issues though, 81 is the highest mine gets.

• 5 months later...

UPDATE

Well its been awhile since I've updated this thread, my tank is still going strong though, I moved into my new house a couple months ago and just finished moving my tank over a few weeks ago. I also ended up buying a new 12g Cadlights tank when I first moved in and transfered a bunch of coral from my aquapod into it. Here are some pics.

FTS two weeks after the move

img02891ai5.jpg

New Brain coral I picked up today

img03191qd8.jpg

img03221hm1.jpg

New Cadlight Tank

img03011qf2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived