Innovative Marine Aquariums

Brennan's Aquapod 24

BrennanAP24

Where did you get the fire and Ice Zoa's? None of the LFS around here have any of the super colored ones. What is a good online place to order from?

I just got them from my LFS for only 14 bucks, they usually dont have any nice zoas so this was a good find. As for ordering online, I'm from Ontario so I get my rare stuff from fragalot.ca. You would have to ask someone else for a place that is closer to you.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Just thought I'd post a few growth shots

6 Weeks Ago

img0199ls6.jpg

Current Pic

img0390qh3.jpg

Just 3 Weeks Ago

img0282gq3.jpg

And Now...

img0389yu8.jpg

On Jan 1st

img0179xv2.jpg

Today

img0388cr4.jpg

Very good growth for such a short time

BrennanAP24

Light Upgrade

Thanks for the comments guys. I have been very busy the last few weeks with work, traveling back and forth to Kentucky. I do have some big news though, I received my Nanotuners 3x36w DIY Kit last week and I just installed it yesterday. The install was not too difficult but it was very time consuming, took me 5-6 hours, would of been less if I had all the proper tools. Considering the assembled kit is $350 more then the DIY it is definitely worth it to install yourself though. I am very pleased with the kit, I went with 2 50/50 bulbs and 1 actinic. The light output is awesome, the colour on all my corals looks much better. With just the actinic on the glow on the corals is insane, the bulb gives off more of a purple colour compared to the stock one which is nice. I will try and get some pics up tonight.

BrennanAP24

Here are the new pictures

FTS with all bulbs on (3.5 months old)

img0427fe5.jpg

Pic of candy cane with new lights, it looks way different, much more green around the outside of the polyps

img0426ik1.jpg

Two new Zoa frags I got a couple weeks ago (Apachi and Icestars) and a green ric.

img0429ym6.jpgimg0430sz8.jpg

img0434ka8.jpg

Some of my corals under the actinics, this light seems to really bring out the greens

img0422io7.jpg

Awesome! How does the lid look after you did the upgrade. I was looking at this on thier site. I think I might have to do it when I have to replace my stock bulbs.

Also did you ever build a shelf for the filtration or are you still running on the bottom blue foam?

BrennanAP24
Awesome! How does the lid look after you did the upgrade. I was looking at this on thier site. I think I might have to do it when I have to replace my stock bulbs.

Also did you ever build a shelf for the filtration or are you still running on the bottom blue foam?

Hey, thanks. The lid looks the exact same you dont need to cut it or anything. The only difference is the ballasts are now housed in a seperate little box with the 2 light switches on it.

As for my filtration, I am still just using half a blue sponge with a layer of carbon and polyfiber ontop. I did block off half of the top intake gate with a piece of plastic tho, which works very well.

BrennanAP24

New Fish

I picked up a Six Line Wrasse a few days ago, I have been waiting for my LFS to get one in for awhile. This is a really cool fish to watch, spends all days swimming through the live rock and corals hunting for food.

Here is the only decent pic I could get, this guy never stops moving.

img0452co4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brennan, this another Brennan. I am thinking about setting up a 30G Finnex spstem shortly. Tell me about your system so far as filtration, live stock corals and the like.

Thanks

BrennanAP24
Hey Brennan, this another Brennan. I am thinking about setting up a 30G Finnex spstem shortly. Tell me about your system so far as filtration, live stock corals and the like.

Thanks

Hi Bob, My system is mostly stock, except for the 108w lighting upgrade. For my filtration, I just have the overflow skimmer with 2 layers of filter pads (1 carbon) + half the stock sponge. Livestock consists of a firefish, sixline wrasse, o.clownfish and skunk shrimp + CUC. Corals are mostly zoo's and rics plus a hammer, torch, candy cane, xenia and GSP.

• 2 weeks later...
BrennanAP24
Nicee ric!!!! :D

Thanks, there is actually 2 of them on that rock now, they split a couple weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
BrennanAP24

Update

Check out the growth on my Xenia, this stuff is spreading like crazy

January - Today

img0199ls6.jpgimg0541md0.jpg

Whamin Watermelon growth

Feb - Today

img0284pi5.jpgimg0543nu9.jpg

FTS (5 Months)

img0545pk2.jpg

Archived