The Miata gets to sleep indoors!

Miataathome.jpg

Kitchen:

kitchen.jpg

kitchen from dining room:

colortrio.jpg

Breakfast nook from dining room:

breakfastnook.jpg

We're not actually going to use both rooms for eating. The table will go in the breakfast nook. The dining room will be home to the 125 (the wall to the right of the back door, with the 3 light switches), my recliner, and the desk.

We also got all of the blinds hung in the public rooms last night. Tonight we'll start painting bedrooms and bathrooms.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on the new place! :flower:

Thanks. I'm ready to start moving furniture so we can start living there! Once the master bed/bath and the official guest bed and bath are painted we're moving in. Should be by Saturday afternoon. The third bedroom, FROG, and living room can be painted after we're in and the old house is clean.

I'm thinking of doing the Team Colors paint in the FROG, since it's my Man Cave. Blue and Silver with a big Star on one wall sounds nice.

Yep, man cave. It's basically going to be a mini sports bar up there once I'm done.

Elizabeth gets the 3rd bedroom for her sewing/crafts table plus gets a fufu guest bedroom, I get the frog. She gets the kitchen, I get the garage. It all works out!

• 2 weeks later...

This is turning into an HGTV thread.....

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, I like HGTV!

Glad things are coming along for you. :)

I like HGTV too. I miss cable. For now I have to get by with the garden and home improvement shows on PBS on weekend mornings. I can't complain too much, they're free.

Fish related post:

Moving the nano Wednesday night (downsizing to 10 gallon), the 54 on Friday (downsizing to 40b), and the 125 on Monday (upgrading 20-long sump to 30-long). The 37 is already moved. I had to buy a new heater, not sure if the old one died or just couldn't keep up with the weather change and the big cold house. There's a brand new 250 watter in there now.

I also am going to try to get my 55 gallon Cichlids tank back from my friend. She's had them since last spring when I moved to an apartment but didn't want to sell those fish. It's going to take some persuading to get them back, they're all grown up and pretty. I'm going to text her now, wish me luck.

Good luck getting the Cichlids back. That house looks pretty sweet. Congrats with that. I cant wait to see this tank up and running.

Her answer to "So what's it going to take to get my fish tank back?" was "An act of God."

This is the only tank larger than 20 gallons that I've ever bought new. Tank, stand, glass lids, filters, rocks, sand, everything new. I've got like $600 in that setup...

Hopefully reasoning works...

good luck man i think its gonna be a battle to get it back. maybe a couple polyps of purple hornets or a rainbow acan can get it back from her.

good luck man i think its gonna be a battle to get it back. maybe a couple polyps of purple hornets or a rainbow acan can get it back from her.

Actually I'm giving her a bunch of corals. Her reef was crashing last summer so I took all of her stuff. I'm giving her back a frag of pretty much everything plus frags of everything I've got. Also a pair of occy clowns and maybe some other fish since I'm probably going aggressive FOWLR in the 125.

I'll also probably get her a big gift certificate to a nice restaurant for keeping my fish. When I mentioned $600 she said they were my fish and I could have them back whenever.

Good to hear man Im glad your getting them back. Yellow labs are really cool fish I used to have some when I first got into FW tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the 125 moved. I forgot how huge this tank is. It looks even bigger in this room that is supposed to be a dining room. All of the rocks and fish are scattered throughout spare tanks in the garage and dining room.

Upgraded the sump to a 30 long, but cracked the 20 high that is the fuge. Luckily I want to downsize the 20h nano to either my 15 or one of my 10s, so I'll drill the freed-up 20 as soon as it's empty.

All that's left at the old house now are a couple of chairs, a few misc. boxes and the 54 corner. The 54 will get moved tomorrow night.

Seriously, this tank is huge.

• 2 weeks later...

Started setting this monster back up today. I pulled the remote DSB out of the cracked fuge and put it in the display resulting in about a 3" sand be. Deepest I've had since my first salt tank three years ago. Started the scape and got it half filled with water. I think its going to look good, I'm excited.

It took a lot of self control to not buy this guy last night:

redlionatjohns.jpg

Sorry for the blurry cell phone pic. He is fat, healthy, and eating frozen foods.

Yes it would, if I weren't needing to buy livestock for the new nano, I probably would've gotten him.

Just made an order to sealifeflorida for the contest tank, so I grabbed a cherub angel, a coral banded shrimp, and some refreshed cleanup crew for this tank since I was paying shipping anyways. Now that it's been moved twice the snail and hermit population has thinned out quite a bit.

Its been like two years since I've had a Cherub, I'm excited. They're my favorite fish.

Don't give me ideas. Elizabeth would be very mad at you.

I'm surprised she hasn't gotten mad for any of the other reef stuff we've traded. I don't know if I could ever get my stuff together to setup a tank big enough though... Yellow tail damsels will suffice. :happy:

Thanks. New pictures in a week or two when I'm satisfied with it being re-setup. It's half aquascaped now, the rest of the rock and the fish are still in a 55 gallon. Work has been busy so the fish tank has been low priority this week.

Travis, she's pretty cool about everything, she would have a problem with scrapping all of my plans for the 125 and going in a whole new direction though!

Just upgraded my two Koralia 3s to two Koralia 4s, holy smokes is that alot of flow!

Thanks to Amber for the sweet deal!

Today at lunch I acclimated the new Cherub angel, a coral banded shrimp, an emerald crab, some blue leg hermits, and some florida ceriths to the tank. Last night I added the pair of clowns from my 20 high. The pair of clowns that was in here I am giving to a friend.

Just made another fish order:

McCosker's Flasher Wrasse

Falco Hawkfish

1 male Lyretail Anthias

3 female Lyretail Anthias

They'll be delivered Friday. I figure while I have all of my aggressive/active fish separated now is the time to add anything timid. I can't wait to have anthias, I've always wanted some!

Archived