inTank Media Baskets

someones gonna get a deal

usmarinekurt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with being a corpsman. When I was in the Navy they gave me the opportunity to cross-rate to corpsman. The job was wide open and they're really needing more right now, I would've taken it but I was at the end of my 4 years and ready to call it a day. Before that, they were looking for voluneteers to work guard duty at a prison in the sandbox... I passed it up, even though the extra pay would've been awesome... After 3 years in the hell hole that is the San Joaquin Valley in California, I'd had enough of the heat.... ... that and I think there's a good chance I'm highly allergic to bullets and bombs.

Worked supply over in Japan with Marines... good guys, and most were very smart. Same can be said for any branch... lotta smart guys, few dumb ones. Either way all the trust fund, college kids should get down on their knees and thank everyone of the people that are in the service now. They're there so you don't have to be. God bless everyone in every branch; Army, Navy, Marines... ... ... airfarce... errrr, chairforce... em... Airforce.

If you haven't noticed this post is COMPLETELY OT right now. Even though I'm out, thank you to all of the Devil Dogs, Squids, Grunts, Bus Drivers... errr Devil Doves?... .. Anywho, thanks to everyone still out there getting the job done.

ucla has coconut sized ball (on the internet) to keep offering up his opinion about the USMC.. Id like to see him walk up to a squad of them after they spent 72 hours on a combat patrol in downtown Ramadi.

Bye Bye ucla-

usmarinekurt@yahoo.com (of course) /seminole

Yup.

Hope the hood sells.

Army, Navy, Marines... ... ... airfarce... errrr, chairforce... em... Airforce.

If you haven't noticed this post is COMPLETELY OT right now. Even though I'm out, thank you to all of the Devil Dogs, Squids, Grunts, Bus Drivers... errr Devil Doves?... .. Anywho, thanks to everyone still out there getting the job done.

There ya go, beatin' up on the service where I spent 8 years of my life. I'll have you know that I was in the big sandbox in the early '90s for 3 months. The first week we were in a tent WITHOUT CABLE OR A/C!! :D:D

I don't pretend to understand what the ground pounders are going through over there, but I just appreciate them serving with honor.

I'm also not going to comment on whether the current adminstration is right or wrong. At this point it doesn't matter, we are there and we need to finish the job.

There ya go, beatin' up on the service where I spent 8 years of my life. I'll have you know that I was in the big sandbox in the early '90s for 3 months. The first week we were in a tent WITHOUT CABLE OR A/C!! :D:D

I don't pretend to understand what the ground pounders are going through over there, but I just appreciate them serving with honor.

I'm also not going to comment on whether the current adminstration is right or wrong. At this point it doesn't matter, we are there and we need to finish the job.

It's all out of love. I was in the brown shoe Navy, VFA-97. So Airforce were rivals, no big deal. I got nothing but respect of every branch... Even the Coast Guard.... Speaking of which, what do the Coast Guard do when one of their boats starts sinking? ... Take their boots off, hike their pants up, and walk to shore. I love that one.

But a week without cable or A/C?! When you got back to the States I bet you could tell that story to the other guys and they wouldn't believe you. lol :P

But a week without cable or A/C?! When you got back to the States I bet you could tell that story to the other guys and they wouldn't believe you. lol :P

I got remote and hazardous duty pay. :P

no reason to... just saying avg...

Wow. The average Marine is at a Third Grade level? Who is this, John Kerry?

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”-John Kerry

You do realize there are requirements to be a Marine? Gone are the days when the military is where you go when you drop out of High School. I served in the Marines and I scored so high on the ASVAB Test, they wanted me to go to the Naval Academy. What is the ASVAB?

How important is the ASVAB test?

Your scores in four critical areas -- Arithmetic Reasoning, Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension and Mathematics Knowledge -- count towards your Armed Forces Qualifying Test (AFQT) score. The AFQT score determines whether you're qualified to enlist in the U.S. military.

I could have let this be, but, I'm pretty bothered that you seem certain that you're somehow better and smarter than members of our Armed Forces because you're in college and they're in the military. If somehow I've misrepresented your assertion, I apologize. I usually do a pretty good job of reading between the lines.

ucla has coconut sized ball (on the internet) to keep offering up his opinion about the USMC.. Id like to see him walk up to a squad of them after they spent 72 hours on a combat patrol in downtown Ramadi.

Bye Bye ucla-

usmarinekurt@yahoo.com (of course) /seminole

hey, UCLA, mr coconut sized balls, you want to find out what having the undevided attention of a pissed off marine is like?? next time you see one, preferably a bit drunk in a bar, just ask "do you know why the navy has marines onbord theye're ships?" you don't even need to know the awnser... you will have a friend for life

its always been like this in our country..the rights of the many protected by the few

While the many have all of the opinions and secretly wish they were with the few.

Talk is cheap.

An educated mind is a powerful weapon-as long it is still attached to the body

People like UCLA think they could reason with radical Islam

well

sorry you cant

radical islam= anti US and other western cultures

Pick your side

UCLA if you were born in Iraq while Saddam was in power the Fedayeen would have come to your house and killed you and your family for the statements you made in this post.

Not opinion-fact

The other fact is the USMC wiped out the Fedayeen in Nasariyah..Where were you?

perhaps you are right-the Marines are dumb-

for protecting the rights of morons like you

lol what does that even mean "marine's undivided attention"... i wonder how you see that as intimidating when the avg marine's attention is probably not much more than a 3rd grader.

Seriously, you aren't scoring any points here. That was probably the most naive statement I've ever read.

I spent 10 years in the USMC flying ch-46 helicopters in combat and humanitarian missions here and abroad. Throughout those years I've had the opportunity to work first hand with several Marines and soldiers from all of the branches of the military.

Since then I've spent 10 years in the corporate world. Guess what? People are people no matter if the uniform they are wearing is camouflage or a tailored suit. The only difference is that the camouflage uniform wearing person will sacrifice everything that is important to him, work relentlessly and is willing to make the greatest sacrifice of all without the expectation of a simple "Thank You"

So instead of throwing around insults you may want to exercise some compassion and understanding. Realize that the person you are talking to has been to places and seen things that are not censored by the media. This person has laid friends to rest and may have possibly had to look the mother of a fallen comrade in the eye and give her no satisfactory reason for her loss only to know that in a moment of time he will be back there doing it all over again.

This isn't a game... you just don't re-spawn and get to try it again.

I'm sorry for this rant - but this really gets under my skin.

For all sides of the conversation, I only have this last piece to say...

Show that you have some dignity - that you can comprehend the seriousness of the world we live in and exercise compassion and treat others as you would wish to be treated.

Edit: I almost forgot to say it myself.

Thank you to all Members of our Armed Forces.

just for the record i support our troops.. in fact my best friend in the world leaves jan 6th after the army asked for people to volunteer to fill empty spots (he is switching from army fire fighter to general infantry)... and im buying him a digital video camera, and ill be sending him care packages... so dont say i dont support our troops... but why is it that people in the armed forces say they are fighting for our freedoms but then turn around and bash people for excersizing these rights... just a thought...

Ok matty how do you like this

YOur a chump and so is your Dad-Ill kick both your azzes

You like it? Well I have the right to say it !

of course I do not mean it

someones gonna slam me or my organization-Im gonna get pissed

somethings are better left unsaid

Chow?

Archived