SaltCritters.com

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

yes and if possible, without taking it down completely (because wouldn't that count as killing the tank as it is and restarting with a new one AKA restarting its 3 years of being up and running?)

w/e you do I know it will be great. If pests brought you down, then just work with what you already have in your pest free tanks and don't get frags from unknown sources.

seems to me that you were happy with the pico as it was, then (over?)reached for something different

keep your sps nano

revive your pico as a less-specific biotope

enjoy the beauty

is my advice.

its el fabs pico.... destroying it would be like burning the mona lisa or tearing down the statue of liberty. your picotope is your sistine chapel. clean it up and let it live on and continue to inspire and prove people wrong that say picos not last long

:bowdown:

its el fabs pico.... destroying it would be like burning the mona lisa or tearing down the statue of liberty. your picotope is your sistine chapel. clean it up and let it live on and continue to inspire and prove people wrong that say picos not last long

:bowdown:

Exactly! Your tank is what inspired me to start my 5.5 nano. The world would never the same if you tore it down.

I would be lying, if I said that Fab's pico wasn't what got me into reefing...

:mellow:

That said.... I understand, as well.

Things get old.

I've gone thru 10 tanks, in the time you've had this one.... :lol:

Edited by pismo_reefer

Thanks for all the overwhelming responses and feedback. Because 71 of you said a resounding 'no' with only 23 saying 'yes', it's pretty much decided that the sexy pico must live on! I've already started the process by getting as much of the cyano out as I can and making multiple water changes. It's gonna be tough but I'm determined to get this puppy back to the way it was. :happy:

• Like 1
Mr_NanoReefer

I'm glad you've decided to resurrect the legendary pico. Like many here, your tank inspired me to create my own pico setup. It's been thriving over a year now thanks to your willingness to share what has worked for you. Good luck with the rebuild... I'll certainly be following this thread to monitor its progress. :)

Edited by Mr_NanoReefer
Thanks for all the overwhelming responses and feedback. Because 71 of you said a resounding 'no' with only 23 saying 'yes', it's pretty much decided that the sexy pico must live on! I've already started the process by getting as much of the cyano out as I can and making multiple water changes. It's gonna be tough but I'm determined to get this puppy back to the way it was. :happy:

Good decision man :) being difficult will only make the end result more satisfying.

I'm glad to see you're sticking with it even though it will be a bit of a struggle to get it back up to par with how it once was. Keep in mind that it will never be exactly the same ever again. When starting over, sometimes it is best to head in a new direction rather than searching for a former glory. You still have all the skills and the knowledge gained from this tank, make the most of them.

So are you planning on making any changes to the tank? as far as filtration and stuff like that or are you sticking with the good old ac70? happy you are keeping it btw, ill be watching the progress. good luck