Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

Deleted User 6

if it dies, bye bye tank.

with your tank, I would seriously go the FWE route. remove your ceriths and any brittle stars you can (the FWE will affect them). then dose a double amount. that should work. if not, do a dip or go the levimasole route (it has worked for me so far).

Read this: http://www.melevsreef.com/flatworms.html

just be sure to hit them hard the first round, or they could become resistant.

floridian reefer

id say do the fwe or just don't worry about they will eventually crash and disappear on there own.

is the goby and pistol shrimp only live stock in there?

Deleted User 6

^i think this is a myth. they were in my tanks for over a year and did nothing but grow. if they crash with a huge population, it could crash the tank.

is the goby and pistol shrimp only live stock in there?

Yes the goby and pistol srhimp are the only ones currently in there along with two hermits.

As for the flatworms, they do come and go. But with every bloom there seems to be more than the previous one. That's what worries me.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dynamic Duo

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I LOVE my yasha hase/pistol shrimp pair. It's probably the most interesting form of symbiosis I've ever seen and I can't get enough! The good thing is that I can observe it all in detail in the close confines of a three gallon tank. The bad thing is that they are extremely shy and therefore difficult to photograph. Except tonight. For some reason they decided to be exhibitionists and luckily my camera was within reach. :)

CIMG2742.jpg

CIMG2792.jpg

CIMG2785.jpg

CIMG2771.jpg

CIMG2773.jpg

CIMG2791.jpg

CIMG2765.jpg

CIMG2741.jpg

CIMG2757.jpg

CIMG2731.jpg

CIMG2745.jpg

CIMG2743.jpg

I was also lucky enough to have caught them on this side of the tank. As I said before, they have multiple entrances throughout the tank that are all connected together into one underground network. It's amazing to me how two simple creatures could build something as complex as the NYC subway. :happy:

nanoreefnate
Except for those damn flatworms. Getting ready to nuke 'em in a few minutes. B)

awhh mannn thank SUXX! good luck with the nuking though :)

Dude, that is one awesome pico!!

Quick question, What does the entrance to the Yasha/pistol's cave consist of? Did you form it with pvc, it just looks so cool with the little polyps growing around it and stuff!

Cool critters.

Thanks! :)

Wow! good luck :)

i have used FWE with great success...love the goby and skrimp <3

I used some last night and it seems to have work. We'll see once the lights are on. fingerscrossed

Dude, that is one awesome pico!!

Quick question, What does the entrance to the Yasha/pistol's cave consist of? Did you form it with pvc, it just looks so cool with the little polyps growing around it and stuff!

Thank you. As for their entrance, it's actually one those frag plug holders that I had put in the tank to prop up one of my frags. Over time my blue cloves got hold of it so I never took it out and just left it in the back of the tank. Then my pistol shrimp found it and turned it into an entrance. :happy:

[quote name='el fabuloso' date='Aug 28 2010, 11:02 AM' post='2989631'

Thank you. As for their entrance, it's actually one those frag plug holders that I had put in the tank to prop up one of my frags. Over time my blue cloves got hold of it so I never took it out and just left it in the back of the tank. Then my pistol shrimp found it and turned it into an entrance. :happy:

That cave entrance is pure epicness!

Is that a clam?!? :o

Yes it is. It's a nice little crocea thriving under LED's. ;)

That cave entrance is pure epicness!

Isn't it? It just blows me away how the shrimp figured out how to use it as a tunnel.

Great video! Although sometimes I feel that the shrimp is getting the short end of the stick. For example they both come out during feeding but sometimes the goby would wag his tail falsely alerting the shrimp of danger just so he can eat all the food. :lol: