Cultivated Reef

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

:) thanks! her name is Angelynn Grace. She changed my whole life but now both of us is sitting and watching our tank together and it's so much fun that way.

We just glad to hear from you again and the new updated fts.

Thanks! I can't believe this tank is almost three years old. I never imagined this tank lasting for as long as it has.

And yes, I'll definitely take some pics next time I go hiking and post them on here. Especially now that i know I've got an audience. :happy:

The progress has been incredible! Adding more SPS soon?

Yep, that's the plan. :)

use the FWE. and be sure to overdose heavily.

Really? The directions sound scary. It talkes about toxic fluids and whatnot. There should be an invert that eats flatworms that I can stick in a pico.

Yep, that's the plan. :)

Really? The directions sound scary. It talkes about toxic fluids and whatnot. There should be an invert that eats flatworms that I can stick in a pico.

Well you could always get a small blue velvet nudi and then get rid of it when the FW's disappear. I've never had experience with one so I can't say how realistic that would be to do... but its an idea!

I'm also tempted to get a small sixline wrasse and letting him have a feast before putting him in the MAX. But getting him out of a 3g pico will be a PITA. <_<

Needreefunds

Awesome to see this tank live on.

While it may not be all you hoped for after the "restart", it is still quite beautiful and the growth is amazing.

This little tank has been an inspiration to many- great to hear it will continue to do so. B)

Solarflare8806

another thing that is cool about your tank is that if there are those that think that certain corals can't grow under LED lighting then your tank proves they really can and really well too.

Awesome to see this tank live on.

While it may not be all you hoped for after the "restart", it is still quite beautiful and the growth is amazing.

This little tank has been an inspiration to many- great to hear it will continue to do so. B)

Thanks, Richie! Things may not have gone according to plan but the fact that the tank continues to survive on its own is impressive enough. :happy:

another thing that is cool about your tank is that if there are those that think that certain corals can't grow under LED lighting then your tank proves they really can and really well too.

Exactly. And don't forget the clam! ;)

Deleted User 6

fab, suck out every fw you can see, then dose and suck them out as they die. that should avoid any toxin issues. if you want, try to move the livestock to a QT for a bit. i would at the very least double what the directions call for, or you'll end up like me with a resistant mutant version that it takes a tank breakdown to get rid of (so far they haven't come back, knock on wood).

you're lucky in that you only have a 3g, so it should be fairly simple to get rid of them. worst case, you take everything out, dip each piece of rock/coral in a very concentrated solution, and put it all back in the tank.

you're lucky in that you only have a 3g, so it should be fairly simple to get rid of them. worst case, you take everything out, dip each piece of rock/coral in a very concentrated solution, and put it all back in the tank.

Thanks for the tip. :)

Get a Blue Velvet Nudibrach. He'll eat all your flatworms and then pass it on to someone who needs one.

Interesting idea but sounds like a lot of work. I might just use the FWE that I already have in hand.