Cultivated Reef

El Fab's Pico Reef: 2007–2010

el fabuloso

el fabuloso

Except they got separated in the tank and the yashia goby has been in hiding since day one which I guess isn't uncommon. Is there a way to get him to come out sooner? Anyone? :unsure:

animalmaster6

All very normal!

They probably are together. Just target feed any deep crevice you see and they should come out within the next couple of weeks.

el fabuloso

Good to know and thanks for the tip. At least the goby is hiding in a spot where I can still see him so I can check to see if he's still alive. The pistol shrimp has already started building a tunnel and even though he doesn't come out, I can hear him all the time which sounds like someone clipping their toenails. :lol:

animalmaster6

:lol: I love that sound, I hear constantly. It is not the goby, it's the pistol shrimp. That's why they call them "Pistol Shrimp".

Definetly target fed that burrow.

el fabuloso

The goby finally came out of hiding and has been reunited with the pistol shrimp. Since they've been together, the pistol shrimp has been working nonstop on digging a nice tunnel for the two of them.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

Here's a clip of them together in action:

:happy:

really? I haven't been in years, but the memories I do have are fairly lack luster, lol. I'll have to check it out some day.

el fabuloso

Thanks! Definitely an interesting behavior to observe. :happy:

really? I haven't been in years, but the memories I do have are fairly lack luster, lol. I'll have to check it out some day.

Their coral selection is generally lack luster but every now and then some rare finds turn up like the huge rock I got covered with blue cloves when no one else was selling them. I've always liked their fish selections and think their prices are better than most.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...