Innovative Marine Aquariums

coral id?

supernip

My LFS had some cool looking mystery creature in. I regret not getting it so I asked them to get it again. They're not sure what it is either and nor do I. So here's a description:

1. Baby blue

2. Looks like the photo but is a coral

We think it might be a tunicate or a soft coral of some sort. I'm leaning towards the Boltenia ovifera, stalked tunicate. It was sold to them as a "lollipop coral," anyone have any idea what it might be? Any help would be great, thanks

here's an actual tunicate. looks just like this but... on a little 2 in stalk. Like a pretty flower... just like the flower I posted (second picture)

http://www.scubadivervideo.com/images/Vaca...%20Tunicate.jpg

No, I'm positive that it's not a acropora and I'm positive that it's a ascidian. Now, if that picture was a macro shot there is a posibility that it's a acropora..... but even then, acropora's don't have hollow tubes like that ascidian did.

Luke

Thanks guys, I found out it was a tunicate. I'm not too sure which but it will be a while before i can get one.

Simbo, thanks for the info :)

JE, acropora is a a class of hard corals. I'd love to see the specimen you are refering to :)

Bruce, Thanks a bunch, that might be it :)

Archived