SaltCritters.com

Cal's Nanocustomed AP 24

calvin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, here's a bunch since i haven't posted pics in a while. i forgot to rearrange before I took pics, but c'est la vie.

20080103-f4afe6yrrd6a1fc5th8bhuh7ux.jpg

20080103-nji7a7tud9rfrn9mfs7cmnd6bc.jpg

20080103-qq3t2326qgexy3musgesrh2k2r.jpg

20080103-q138a7m5bk5ak9h33eafnhbseg.jpg

20080103-b2nqf2fffbcp8a84kxj1hcn47x.jpg

20080103-nrd7gytamj9k6rgbhs818bijtn.jpg

a blurry pic of a new frag i got from a fellow reefer. was supposed to be more colorful than this, but maybe it'll color up some as it grows

20080103-ctbrnf7w6gtjb8j3du8upt7n2.jpg

20080103-de3m16q2wxutb33s1fkkfr64ad.jpg

20080103-xn763t2p5r6q6h6smhihg8ajpn.jpg

20080103-gqnb55gwqai8p3wmcidnjch6ef.jpg

20080103-q8j5wwn5irsi5ntir5kxci8a5t.jpg

left the tank alone for nearly a week over Xmas, so I'm happy I haven't had any big problems. thanks for looking

Yay, look at all that growth! But I still say you need more rock, chief. :)

Yay, look at all that growth! But I still say you need more rock, chief. :)

When did you say that the first time? :huh:

Anyway, I bought a box o' Marco rubble in a group buy and plan to pick it up this week, so I'm gonna try adding some rock to see how I like it, including adding rubble in the back chamber

Ehh, I probably just mumbled it. But I always tell everyone they need more rock. :P

I like the minimalist look. Is that green pipe organ or GSP? It looks cool as a backdrop.

I like the purple mushrooms. I want to get some purple ones, red ones, and blue ones for my tanks. I also want to get some more Ric's. Mine have multiplied 6 times in a year.

I like the minimalist look. Is that green pipe organ or GSP? It looks cool as a backdrop.

I like the purple mushrooms. I want to get some purple ones, red ones, and blue ones for my tanks. I also want to get some more Ric's. Mine have multiplied 6 times in a year.

they're GSPs.

yeah, I'd like to get some more tonga shrooms and rics. would really like a bright orange ric

I had an AWESOME orange ric yuma. It was really cool.

they're GSPs.

yeah, I'd like to get some more tonga shrooms and rics. would really like a bright orange ric

Me too. An orange Yuma will be my next buy. I love Yumas. :happy:

Our yuma in our display at work that nearly died has come back and looks awesome. It was bigger than my palm, much bigger, and now it's almost the size of my palm again. And BRIGHT! :wub:

Our yuma in our display at work that nearly died has come back and looks awesome. It was bigger than my palm, much bigger, and now it's almost the size of my palm again. And BRIGHT! :wub:

PICTURE!

SEND IT TO ME AND I'LL SEND YOU A FRAG OF MY DOG!1!

Well, finally some good updates. I decided to add some LR rubble to the back chamber, so I picked up some Marco rock rubble in a group buy. I decided to "cook" this stuff for a while with a PH and heater in a 5g bucket, and boy am I glad I did!! When I opened the lid to pull this stuff out it smelled like my dog's poo, and I feed my dog the expensive stuff so his poo really stinks!!

Anyway, here's a pic of the rubble before I pulled it out

20080104-kj1ngnbx4kpf5ppa31kwsd3ac7.jpg

don't know if you can tell, but there's some FUNK in there!

I pulled it out, rinsed it in RO and this is what it then looked like

20080104-p5f2agmcx9yxpaenks9tsxjifu.jpg

here's a pic of the FUNK left in the bucket when I was done

20080104-qrdgaijgk9fhfenyx5uiwqbfiq.jpg

I stuffed the rubble in some of wifey's old pantyhose (not gonna show you that!) and dropped it in the 1st back chamber. It now makes a nice prop for the filter floss and seagel I have running back there.

And yesterday I also added one very nice addition, though it hasn't settled where I wanted it to

20080104-jmxqtxj9h69yrrrcrwmy5y44e4.jpg

I had a GBTA a couple of years ago in a different tank and wifey really liked it (she liked seeing it eat) so I thought I'd pick up another one. Whatcha think?

oh and I forgot to add this

DISCLAIMER TO ALL N00BS:

Normally one should not add an anemone to a tank until said tank has been established for at least 6 months, and even then you must be careful to watch levels and be sure you've chosen the right type of anemone for your tank (lighting requirements, tank size requirements, etc.)

I've added this BTA after only 2.5 months because all the contents of this tank, including the LR, were transferred over from a well-established 65g. This enabled this tank to "mature" much faster than most tanks do. I've also been watching for any signs of problems in this tank and have observed none.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD RUN OUT AND GRAB A 'NEM FOR YOUR TANK. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND ASK FOR ADVICE FROM KNOWLEDGEABLE REEFERS (THIS PROBABLY EXCLUDES YOUR LFS EMPLOYEES) BEFORE DECIDING TO ADD A 'NEM, OR ANY OTHER TANK ADDITION FOR THAT MATTER.

that is all.

Cool addition. That's probably one of the only things I don't like about the idea of one. I don't like that they settle wherever they want to. I'd like to be able to glue it to a rock and leave it where I like it.

Cool addition. That's probably one of the only things I don't like about the idea of one. I don't like that they settle wherever they want to. I'd like to be able to glue it to a rock and leave it where I like it.

yeah, the best you can do is try to provide a spot that both you and the nem will like and place it there, which is what i did, but obviously it didn't work out. i put in an extra piece of rock near the top which provided what I thought was a nice little cave for the nem to attach his foot to, but obviously we didn't see eye to eye on that one.

also, i probably wouldn't have gotten a nem if I hadn't upgraded the lighting first

• 1 month later...

Battling a green slime algae infestation right now. It's weird because this is the first substantial algae problem I've had to battle in a long time in one of my tanks. It's irksome.

Also, the nem has gotten HUGE!!! Much too big for my tank. I need to read up again on how to encourage these suckers to split.

Battling a green slime algae infestation right now. It's weird because this is the first substantial algae problem I've had to battle in a long time in one of my tanks. It's irksome.

Also, the nem has gotten HUGE!!! Much too big for my tank. I need to read up again on how to encourage these suckers to split.

Tie a large chunk of styrofoam to half of it's tentacles, a rock to the other half of it's tentacles, and let weight displacement do the rest! B) I know, I'm just full of insightful sayings.

Archived