Cultivated Reef

Cal's Nanocustomed AP 24

calvin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure whether I'm digging the clownfish or hating my eyeballs for making me dizzy when I see it. LOL. It's pretty cool, though. Plus I really like those "interracial" clown couples! :haha: (I had the same thing, except the female was a misbar with no middle or tail bar, the male a very cool misbar black with extra white.)

I'm not going to circle it in a pic for joo;

I will. I knew I saw Kenya in there! :P

cal_s_nanocustomed_ap_24_-_nano-reef.com_forums-20071113-224739.jpg

BTW, Thanks Calvin for Skitch. It rocks.

I will. I knew I saw Kenya in there! :P

cal_s_nanocustomed_ap_24_-_nano-reef.com_forums-20071113-224739.jpg

BTW, Thanks Calvin for Skitch. It rocks.

Yes, that's the foul weed. It still haunts me! I just got rid of the giant mother colony:

dscf1944-20071023-120824.jpg

Oh, and Skitch doesn't work very well in Leopard. :(

Yup, that's the Kenya. A plague! Bits fall off, you think they're gone because they get swept under the rocks, but then you find them growing somewhere!

Newman @ broccoli: "VILE WEED!"

Yes, that's the foul weed. It still haunts me! I just got rid of the giant mother colony:

dscf1944-20071023-120824.jpg

Oh, and Skitch doesn't work very well in Leopard. :(

:o Wow. That's a huge colony. I keep fragging mine before it gets that big. I don't want mine spreading any worse. I try my hardest to attach all frags to frag rocks or unsuspecting snails. That way, I'm not stuck with them. I need to start selling it, since I have almost run out of room in the tank, thanks to all that frigging kenya.

Yup, that's the Kenya. A plague! Bits fall off, you think they're gone because they get swept under the rocks, but then you find them growing somewhere!

Newman @ broccoli: "VILE WEED!"

:lol: I know how that goes! I usually have a monthly "kenya search" to find the little frags and pull them off the main display rock. It grows too fast.

ok, so I'm pretty much just getting lounge people posting here, but I'll update anyway. I finally "upgraded" the stock pump with an MJ 1200 a couple of days ago, only to see my tank temp go UP! Hit almost 83º today. Very weird, but I think I may go back to the stock pump and see what happens.

Wow. That's kinda warm. I guess you must have a crappy pump. What about getting one of those magnetic through-the-glass ones that don't heat the water up? Those look cool.

Wow. That's kinda warm. I guess you must have a crappy pump. What about getting one of those magnetic through-the-glass ones that don't heat the water up? Those look cool.

well, I do have a koralia nano in there as well, but I need a pump in that chamber to keep the water circulating through the back chambers, and for effective surface skimming.

neanderthalman
your anthelia looks a lot...hairier than mine. lol on mine the little "fins" are a lot thicker

dsc00046mediumop3.jpg

That's what mine looks like too. I wonder if it's a species thing.

Update:

Did a little rearranging

dscf2033-20071119-181255.jpg

you may have noticed the new addition

dscf2034-20071119-181334.jpg

dscf2035-20071119-181411.jpg

and I picked up a few orange snails cuz the kids liked em :P

dscf2039-20071119-181500.jpg

So why did you go with the AP over the Solana? and how'd you attach that clam?

Mainly because of cost. I already had a piece of furniture to use as a stand for the AP. As far as attaching the clam, I just sat him in place w/the Koralia turned off overnight and he settled into a spot he liked.

COOL CLAM!!

Don't glue clams, cmador... You have to let them attach. And they like to jump off the rocks as soon as you leave just to piss you off. :P

COOL CLAM!!Don't glue clams, cmador... You have to let them attach. And they like to jump off the rocks as soon as you leave just to piss you off. :P
+ 1. when i first got him he was attached to some crushed coral, so i tried gluing the cc in a place i liked, but he didn't go for that and unattached.
What 3 bulbs did you go with for the 108w upgrade?
i just kept it simple and got 3 50/50 bulbs. i'm not really into doing a separate actinic phase

GL. I don't have much faith in it regardless, though, hate to say it.

Archived