Innovative Marine Aquariums

*** ReefScavengers.com ***

Christopher Marks

DO NOT buy for Reefscavengers.com

Since this is what reefscavengers.com has linked on their web site for feed back I am going to repost this

Please read for more info http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...60&start=60

It took almost 20 days from payment to box on door step (Three days of that was mail time). When I got the box it was 40F outside and the water in the box was 52F.

55+ Gallon Cleaner Crew 1 $129.00 $129.00

nassaruis snail 55 (Need to count if I can they are so small)

nerite snail 25 (0)(Not a one)

Blue/White Hermit 25 (Once again so small I cant count yet)

Red Leg Hermit 12 (Once again so small I cant count yet)

Porcelain Crab 3 (2)

Emerald Crab 3 (1)

Decorator Crab 1 (0)

Peppermint Shimp 2 (One DOA)

Serpent Starfish 2 (0) (I did get two Brittle Starfish I hate brittles)

Mini Cleaner Crew - Free On Orders over $75 (Limit 1) 1 $0.00

(No Idea if I got anything for this)

30 Nassarius Snails - Free On Orders over $150 (Limit 1) 1 $0.00

Nassaruis snail (Nope dont think so I know I have less that 50 from the pack)

Pencil Urchin (Regular) 1 $7.99 $7.99

That got this one right

Flame Scallop (Regular) 1 $12.99 $12.99

That got this one right

Chaetomorpha Algae - 1 Handful 1 $9.99 $9.99

That got this one right very small hand full

Crown Conch (Regular)

That got this one right

:angry:

1253363575_MnMD6bp-S.jpg

yeah, that's overkill. Not trying to be a d!ck either. 55 nassarius & 37 hermits, 25 nerites?

They'll just starve in your tank. your sand bed is going to be a grave yard of shells.

• 2 weeks later...
teriyakithunder

I ordered a while back in Febuary, an order just over $100. I ordered on Wed and waited till the next week for them to ship since its typically Mon-Wed. When Tuesday came, I sent them an email since they didn't send me one saying they shipped my order. Finally on Thursday they replied back to me saying they were having behind on orders and that they would ship my order out on Monday. So on Monday, still no email about shipping so I sent them an email on Wednesday and didn't hear back until the following Monday or something saying they had supplier issues so they would send my package out when it was all figured out. So finally after about 3 weeks of waiting, they finally sent out my order. My package was well packed and got everything I ordered. Only 2 of the 50 tiny hermits were dead but no big deal since they cost like 50 cents each.

This is my experience with them and I would not order from them anymore because its a headache trying to get in touch with them since their customer service sucks. The worse part is that they don't have a phone number listed, so it seemed like I got ripped off for the 3 weeks while I waited.

• 4 weeks later...

teriyakithunder,

The good news is that you got everything you paid for and that you finally got your order.

Just going to beat a dead horse here and warn everyone again.

DO NOT BUY FROM ReefScavengers.com

F-

Slow Shipping

You may not get what you pay for

Packing is only good for summer time.

Only way to contact them is via e-mail and via paypal good luck with that!

If you must buy from them use paypal. Paypal help get your money back.

• 1 month later...

DO NOT WAISTE YOUR TIME!

I wish that I checked this site first. I would have not bothered even filling out the scam order sheet. It is clear that if it sounds to good to be true it is. I placed the order and should have asked questions that should be answered. What is the makeup of the free cleaner crew with the $75.00 purschase? First time buyer 10% discount? Make the order of $110.00 total and get nothing. I am the fool. The good thing is I should have a refund from Paypal on the 3rd of July. To sum it all up "STAY AWAY"

Fresh e-mail. Funny reefscavengers put the fault on paypal for reefscavengers not talking to the customers and the customers calling paypal to get money back due to the lack of communication. :huh:

Dear Customer,

We understand you have been waiting an extended period of time to receive your recent order with us, we are very sorry for this. We have been fighting with our credit card processing company (Paypal) for a month now regarding limitations they have put on our account without any prior communication or consent, or without giving us the opportunity to correct this issue prior to their imposing limitations. These limitations have prevented our company from accessing the funds for the payment you made to us for your order, therefore we have been unable to conduct business as usual. We are in the process of switching our credit card processing service to a new company which will better suit our needs. Paypal has a large amount of money on hold in our account, which is the money we received from you when you made your order; your money is not in our pocket. Please do not worry, paypal will refund your money to you, we have attempted to get these limits removed to free the money associated with your order and send out your refund however due to their corporate policies they will not allow us to do this. We will continue to communicate this issue with them to speed up the process of your refund, rest assured your money will be returned. We would have rather shipped the product to you as normal, but Paypal made this impossible for us to do, considering the recent limitations. Feel free to visit http://www.paypalsucks.com to read more about the bad experiences companies like ours have had with Paypal. Here is an excerpt from the website that best explains the issue we have been having with them for the past month:

"Sadly, Paypal routinely freezes its customers' accounts for almost anything and without warning. Once an account is frozen, the funds are often held by PayPal for months on end with Absolutely No Recourse for the merchant. A domino effect occurs when a PayPal account is frozen, leaving the merchant with No Means To Fill Orders. Those orders are then disputed by customers, creating more chargebacks and the illusion of fraudulent activity on the part of the merchant."

On behalf of Reefscavengers.com, we truly hope you understand the issue at hand, and understand that we are not a fraudulent company, and are not out to steal our customers' money. We have been in business for over 4 years, with over 4,000 successful customer transactions, but at this time we are at the mercy of Paypal. As mentioned previously, we are in the process of fighting paypal to get them to release the funds to send your money back, please be patient. We suggest opening a dispute on the transaction through paypal to speed up the process of the recovery of your money.

Thank you kindly,

ReefScavengers

• 6 months later...

Order ref: RC8895839

On 12/17/10 - Received a payment receipt for my order. Email says order will be shipped within 2-7 business days and to expect a tracking email when shipped. I used a store credit from a previous order that had arrived dead on delivery due to a delay with the post office. My store credit was for $100.31.

On 1/14, 1/25, 1/31 and 2/8 - I emailed orders@reefscavengers.com asking the status of my order & if it was going to be shipped. The website says that all emails received will receive a response within 48 hours. I received no response to any emails.

On 2/15/11, I posted a review on their Facebook page saying that I had not received any replies or my order. I also filed a complaint with IC3 and BBB.

Never a response to any emails - though I do get the advertising emails for sales?? I just want my money back now. This place totally sucks.

Reef Scavengers LLC, 180 Rocket Ln #100, West Melbourne, Florida, 32904, UNITED STATES

orders@reefscavengers.com

Archived