Top Shelf Aquatics

ACETEMINOPHORS, good guys or bad?

Weetabix7

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow i think i have like 20 of these things! i was wondering what they were called. my flame angel herds them along like a shepherd and they eat all my algae. pretty cool to watch. i think one may have even winked at me the other day...

I got an aceteminophor hitchiker. Unfortunately, it's just brown.

I'm still trying to get some color in my tank. Any chance it'll morph?

There is every possibility that it will morph if you feed it some seriously prime turducken.

Turducken is just not in the budget right now, especially for a brown hitchiking aceteminophor. Should I just get it out of the tank and give it away? I really dont want it becoming a pest.Update to the above. I just looked all over my tank and cannot find my brown hitchiking aceteminophor????Any ideas? Did it die of starvation, and if it did, will it nuke my tank? :o

Turducken is just not in the budget right now, especially for a brown hitchiking aceteminophor. Should I just get it out of the tank and give it away? I really dont want it becoming a pest.Update to the above. I just looked all over my tank and cannot find my brown hitchiking aceteminophor????Any ideas? Did it die of starvation, and if it did, will it nuke my tank? :o

Don't worry! They are amazing at hiding. If we have trouble finding our brightly colored ones, you don't have a chance at finding yours. You were lucky to see it at all!!!

Just back from lfs, they had a double black onyx mini maxi moa mou! So hot! It had sea-foam and teal ankles with sapphire toes! Crazy colors! They wouldn't tell a price, I think they want it all to their selves.

The Propagator

Oh you bastages !

Revenge shall be mine !!!! :haha:

I was like "WTF are these people smoking? Such a thing does not exist ! "

But trusting Weety like a fool I thought that she may have typed in the wrong name.

DOUGH !!! Then reading back I skipped over all the turducken comments :lol:

There really are tiny shrimps worth 100's of dollars. Thats why this wasn't so far fetched as it may seem to me. Certain Crystal Red Shrimp for example in the right grade and coloration can go for as much as $1000 a pop in the right circles. BUT thats fresh water LOL!

Oh you bastages !

But trusting Weety like a fool I thought that she may have typed in the wrong name.

There really are tiny shrimps worth 100's of dollars. Thats why this wasn't so far fetched as it may seem to me. Certain Crystal Red Shrimp for example in the right grade and coloration can go for as much as $1000 a pop in the right circles. BUT thats fresh water LOL!

I can't believe I roped in the Great and Fuzzy Propagator!!!

You made my day, Buddy, I need that, thanks! :flower::wub:

Oh you bastages !

You had to go & open your mouth & confess! Everyone was like "That Prop is in cahoots with the Reef Chicks!" I can't believe we caught you on this one. TIME FOR A VACATION!!!

I was gonna set my NC6 up as a mantis tank but now this new hottness shows up. Think I might try a pair of aceteminophors instead.

I wouldn't suggest a pair in a 6g. No true pairing behaviors, displays, or interactions are likely to occur.

Prop....just....:slap:

I wouldn't suggest a pair in a 6g. No true pairing behaviors, displays, or interactions are likely to occur.Prop....just....:slap:
You make an excellent point there. But maybe it would work if we started him out with a young captive-bred pair.
And I thought Ibuprofenogens were bad.
Ibuprofenogens can be interesting creatures as well. The thing I like about them is that they are not quite as picky eaters. It has been my experience that they are willing to accept plain ol' roast turkey. What has your experience been with them?
You make an excellent point there. But maybe it would work if we started him out with a young captive-bred pair.Ibuprofenogens can be interesting creatures as well. The thing I like about them is that they are not quite as picky eaters. It has been my experience that they are willing to accept plain ol' roast turkey. What has your experience been with them?

They're not as shy either! My favorite one puts on a show for me quite regularly. Too bad I don't have a video camera.

You make an excellent point there. But maybe it would work if we started him out with a young captive-bred pair.

You holding out on me?

Ibuprofenogens can be interesting creatures as well. What has your experience been with them?

Already been done :rolleyes:

Ibuprofenogens can be interesting creatures as well. The thing I like about them is that they are not quite as picky eaters. It has been my experience that they are willing to accept plain ol' roast turkey. What has your experience been with them?

Mine had an aversion to tryptophan. It spat out the turkey I fed it leading to nitrate issues. With a little time and therapy, I believe it could have been helped. As it was, my Ibuprofenogen was eaten by the Vicodinia (which, coincidentally, ate an entire mantis shrimp...very impressive).

• 2 weeks later...

I lost a finger to my first Ibuprofenogen. I'll never forget that rainy night. I made the mistake of feeding it COMEAUX'S Alligator Boudin (quite tasty) when it later confused my finger for sweet morsel of the Boudin. After that, he went into hiding. I swear, by the beard of Chuck Norris, that Ibuprofenogen will rue the day it took my finger!

• 3 months later...

So I'm just wondering you guys, I've been working on breeding a genuine Black Sapphire Ringed Rootin Tootin Hifalutin Aceteminophor, do you think once the eggs hatch and the babies get big enough there might be a market for some of these?

I know they're not super well-known, but they really are interesting creatures.

I know that some people don't want to mess with them cause constantly feeding them turducken can get costly, but this particular variant has actually been trained to take beer-soaked pellets.

You just gotta make sure you use quality beer, none of that domestic stuff or they get kinda miffed, peevish even.

You really don't want a peevish Aceteminophor on your hands, believe me.

I've been soaking the pellets in Sam Adams beer, works pretty good.

Anyway, LMK what you think...

Militant Jurist

My personal favorites are the Mophinators. They require a long drip acclimation, but once they are in, you don't have to worry about a thing!

Just a plain brown one, I'm afraid :lol:

Abbildung_001.jpg

WoW.

I didn't think any pics of these guys existed.

WoW.

Y'know, if you feed it some high quality beer-soaked Turducken, you might some pretty cool color morphing occur.

My personal favorites are the Mophinators. They require a long drip acclimation, but once they are in, you don't have to worry about a thing!

Are those by any chance Mighty Morphin Mophinators?

Archived