Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ACETEMINOPHORS, good guys or bad?

Weetabix7

Hey Weetie,

I have a friend that recently had some success in raising Black Sapphire Ringed Rootin Tootin Hifalutin Aceteminophors and he also used pellets soaked in a high quality German beer (Hofbrau Munchen I believe). He ordered some B-Trion Xtra II, (Premium Blend) and said it works much better than beer and his Aceteminophors have doubled in size. Let me know if you want his contact info. He's also wanting some of the old Neon Indigo Laced Acetes so if you know of any available, let me know...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My aceteminophor actually ate my tank, he ate my sand, my rocks, corals, fish, invertes, and he even ate the glass, now when you look on my stand, theres not even a tank, its just an aceteminophor sitting there.

no regrets. :lol:

Hey Weetie,

I have a friend that recently had some success in raising Black Sapphire Ringed Rootin Tootin Hifalutin Aceteminophors and he also used pellets soaked in a high quality German beer (Hofbrau Munchen I believe). He ordered some B-Trion Xtra II, (Premium Blend) and said it works much better than beer and his Aceteminophors have doubled in size. Let me know if you want his contact info. He's also wanting some of the old Neon Indigo Laced Acetes so if you know of any available, let me know...

Wow, that is awesome, I would LOVE to have his contact info!!!

Tell him I might be able to help him out with the Neon Indigo's.

It is so exciting to hear about other people out there working with Aceteminophors, I was beginning to feel like I was the only one.

Do you have a link to this B-Trion Xtra II?

Wow, that is awesome, I would LOVE to have his contact info!!!

Tell him I might be able to help him out with the Neon Indigo's.

It is so exciting to hear about other people out there working with Aceteminophors, I was beginning to feel like I was the only one.

Do you have a link to this B-Trion Xtra II?

I'm not sure where he's getting the B-Trion since he lives in Singapore, but here's an article that explains the concept in pretty good detail http://www.jbc.org/cgi/content/full/278/7/4854

The aceteminophor is a distant cousin to the icdaminihor [i-see-duh-min-ee-hor]. Over time it went from 8 legs and 4 reproduction organs to 6 legs and 3. Not quite the icdaminihor it once was, it then evolved to the aceteminophor.

I actually caught a picture of my onyx/deep sapphire striped aceteminophor eating a damsel. It's only eating a damsel because it was p****ed off because I didn't want to watch Deal or No Deal on TV. Yes those are authentic ugg boots it's wearing too......don't ask

My aceteminophor

I actually caught a picture of my onyx/deep sapphire striped aceteminophor eating a damsel. It's only eating a damsel because it was p****ed off because I didn't want to watch Deal or No Deal on TV. Yes those are authentic ugg boots it's wearing too......don't ask

My aceteminophor

You just put the ugg boots on him so we can't count his toes.

Busted.

While researching Aceteminophors I found in an article that briefly touched on Watsanenimaphore.

From what I gather Watsanenimaphore are beneficial, helping to clean your systems, plumbing and such.

I suggest you do your own research and not ask anyone about Watsanenimaphore.

I find discussion, or worse, demonstration, tends to get rather muddy....

Apparently just one good sized one can clean out your tank!

HTH

• 5 months later...
lakshwadeep
2am bump for a good 'ole thread...

Did you find some aceteminophors in your tank? Are they nocturnal?!

Did you find some aceteminophors in your tank? Are they nocturnal?!

I thought I did....but they don't match the description others have given. Turns out it was just a digitate hydriod....I should have known better....I never have any luck. <_<

Maybe when I get my new rock my luck will be better and some will hitch in.... fingerscrossed

Maybe we should start a club for these unique creatures.

I really feel that lately they have not received the recognition they deserve.

Anyone?

Quote from Discovery Channels Aceteminophor Week

Dolphins' protection

There are many stories that tell of dolphins protecting humans from aceteminophor attacks, with multiple eye-witness accounts from survivors dating from antiquity to present day (typically, dolphins form a ring around humans who are injured or endangered). This phenomenon was declared "plausible" by the team of Discovery Channel's Mythbusters, where it was shown that a aceteminophor will attack no creature when a dolphin is around. However, in spite of years of scientific study, there has been no conclusive explanation given for this behavior. In some cases, aceteminophor have been seen attacking, or trying to attack dolphins.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote from Discovery Channels Aceteminophor Week

Dolphins' protection

There are many stories that tell of dolphins protecting humans from aceteminophor attacks, with multiple eye-witness accounts from survivors dating from antiquity to present day (typically, dolphins form a ring around humans who are injured or endangered). This phenomenon was declared "plausible" by the team of Discovery Channel's Mythbusters, where it was shown that a aceteminophor will attack no creature when a dolphin is around. However, in spite of years of scientific study, there has been no conclusive explanation given for this behavior. In some cases, aceteminophor have been seen attacking, or trying to attack dolphins.

I need to get a dolphin for my tank then! I'm low on turducken and can't afford to lose my hands!

• 4 months later...
Deleted User 6
Did anyone get any Aceteminophors for Christmas?

I'm trying to find some good new breeding stock.

Actually, my sister picked one up for me in Hawaii while on vacation and gave it to me Christmas morning. I believe it was a Peach Schnapps Aceteminophor, but the fuchsia coloration on it's thorax section shed doubt on my guess. Anyways, due to an unfortunate acclimation accident (I tried giving it Banquet Chicken) it bought an Amtrak ticket for Florida and left. Last I heard it was taking advantage of the great condo prices in the Keys and starting a nice collection of morph Florida rics. Unfortunate for me, but I wish the little guy the best.

Archived