SaltCritters.com

Yup a new tank very very nice

Louie3

So I got my rebate for my TV and laptop and decided to buy a AIO set up from nanocustoms.com

This is what I purchased.

2007 Nanocustoms NanoCube 12 - NC1.70 (70w HQI) WITH 10K Ushio bulb

2x18w PC actininc lights

NC 3.1 Fuge light

iCA nano chiller

and a Saphire NC12 skimmer

so what do you guys think? Was the skimmer a good buy? does the chiller do well?

any other up grades that you guys can think of please tell me

-Louie-

Wow that sounds like an impressive setup. I've read some really good reviews for the skimmer, and you can never go wrong with metal halide lighting! I have no experience with the chiller but if nanocustoms is selling it as an option it's probably quite effective. Definitely keep us posted with some pics!

The chiller is alright... don't expect anything fantastic from it. It's generally enough to slow your tank from heating up... not prevent it.

It was sufficient when I had 4.24 lighting in my 12g nanocube, but once I upgraded to the 1.70 HQI + 36w PC Actinics, it wasnt enough any more. Like I said, it definitely slowed down the speed that the tank temp increased, but didnt prevent it.

If the ambient temperature around the aquarium stays below 80, you should be able to maintain a decent temp of around 80 with the ICA.

Once I upgraded from the 1.70 to a 1.150 (first one nanotuners has ever done in a 12g) the ICA chiller was basically useless. I'm now running a 1/15 arctica chiller which has absolutely no trouble keeping the tank at 78... even with the 150w HQI and occasional ambient temps of 88+.

I noticed you got a fuge light AND the skimmer... which chamber are you planning on using for the skimmer, and which chamber are you going to use for a fuge? I only ask because I couldnt fit both in mine... it was either a fuge or the skimmer.

The skimmer goes in the first chamber where the water flows into the back, the secon chamer is for the fuge and thats where the light will go. We keep the house around 75-77 so I hope the chiller can do the job. What pump were you using to run the ICA?

Brian: I will keep you updated from opeining the box to the end of the tank this should be one sweeeeeet tank

Wheres the best place you all reccomend for premium LR?

Some stuff I just purchased, I wanted salifert test kits but when the euro went up dang so did salifert

any reccomendations

Item 1

------

Item Code: TZ1211

Qty Ordered: 1

Description: Tunze Turbelle NanoStream Pump 6025

Price: $61.84

Item 2

------

Item Code: TA3111

Description: Taam Rio 50 Powerhead/Pump

Price: $10.99

Item 3

------

Item Code: QM1115

Description: Tropic Marin Sea Salt - 50 Gallon Mix Box

Price: $21.99

Item 4

------

Item Code: RS3151

Description: Red Sea Marine Lab Test Kit

Price: $29.99

Item 5

------

Item Code: RS3121

Description: Red Sea Calcium Test Kit

Item 6

------

Item Code: RS3119

Description: Red Sea Phosphate Mini-Lab Test Kit

Item 7

------

Item Code: CS0022

Description: CaribSea Seaflor Fiji Pink Reef Sand 15 lb

Price: $14.99

Item 8

------

Item Code: MF1111

Description: Mag-Float 30 Magnet Cleaner (Glass) - Small (30 Gal)

Price: $7.99

Item 9

------

Item Code: FT1333

Description: 1/2 inch Black Flexible Vinyl Tubing / Ft

Price: $1.59

Item 10

------

Item Code: FT1513

Qty Ordered: 6

Description: Plastic Hose Clamp 1/2 inch

Price: $3.96

Shipping Details: Ground $9.70

Total Tax: $0.00

-------------------

Order total: $185.02

I was using the pump that nanotuners offers with the ICA... its like 80GPH and very small.

My first chamber has filter floss and a bag with some purigen and seagel in it. The second chamber is my fuge, and also has a hydor flo plumbed thru the false wall into the tank... the output from the chiller is connected to it. My third chamber has the intake tube for the chiller, and a maxijet 900 plumbed to the standard output.

i'd love to get that skimmer... i didnt realize you could put it in the first chamber. I love having filter floss though, and i dont know where I could fit that if the skimmer was taking up the first chamber.

The pump Im planning on using is 69gph so its within the reccomended range. Gr I forgot about the hydor flow nozzle. I dont think I would end up needing to upgrade the return after the Tunze pump

I got basically the same thing from NT but I installed it myself.

I eventually phased out the ICA since the heat from the added pump negated ICA and keeping the house at 76-77 keeps the tank at 80f with the 1.70+2.18, MJ900 return, Nano Koralia, 18wPC fuge light so there's no need anymore... when I did have it running constantly I could get about a 5deg drop with it but too inconsistent for me.

sounds like you are gonna have some massive flow going on with the nanostream. I would get the SRS select flow surface skimmer as well so you can set the water level in the back chambers as well as pull surface film from the tank.

But what I like from the nano stream is the whole spread out flow not a constant line like a mj. Do you think I really need to install a different return since the ns should do alot?

My fuge light are 3 hi powered LED's, and states that heat shouldnt be a problem

Total money spent right now

Tank with goodies plus skimmer $884.75

Supplies from Marine Depot $185.02

$1069.77

WHOA and I havent put anything in it

Thats about another $300-$400

I could've gotton that nice sound system and lift, but I love my reef just as much as I love my FORD

Spending about a thousand dollars makes me want it now rather than wait days for it to get here. Coral stocking about $250 already and I need a couple more punds of rock to use for aquascaoing

Predicted coral:

Zoanthid Frag Pack-

Turquoise Zoas, Neon Green, Orange Sun Polyps, Pink Centered Zoas, Purple Zoas, Green/Blue Sea Mat, Bright Blue Zoas, Fire&Ice zoas, Eagle Eyes zoas,Green Bay Packer zoas(<either tho imma Cowboy Fan)

1 Emerald Green Ricordea Mushroom

1 Blue Ricordea Mushroom

1 Umbrella Mushroom

1 Red Mushroom

1 Orange w/purple rim Florida Ricordea

1 Green w/blue rim Florida Ricordea

1 Frilly Green Shroom

1 Large Devil's Finger coral

1 3" frag of GSP

And sps once the tank is settled

Archived