Cultivated Reef

Weetie's 10g Prop Tank

Weetabix7

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking good Weetie, interesting about the bubbles and the sunlight, I think that may have been your culprit also.

I'm beginning to think you're right.

Everything is looking pretty good again today, with only a few minor bubbles and no annoyed coralz.

Yay! :D

I like your frag tank.

If I had kids at that age, I wouldn't let them use a dremel...it might catch something and ZING there go their fingers.

I like your frag tank.

If I had kids at that age, I wouldn't let them use a dremel...it might catch something and ZING there go their fingers.

:huh:

Weets,

Thanks for the warm welcome! :blush:

I see only a few tiny bubbles today. And between the weather and our schedule the past three to four days I'm fairly sure my tank hasn't taken a good shot of direct sunlight during that time period.

I'm seeing zoas open for the first time in over a week. On a side note, the LPS in my tank seemed happy the whole time.

Nice to hear your tank is improving! :)

I like your frag tank.

Eh, I figure if that happens I'll just slap on some superglue and glue it back on. ;)

If I remember right, I don't think the dremel was actually on in that pic. I think the times that it was actually on, we had our hands over his, guiding him.

So glad to hear things are looking up Needreefunds, thanks for the update!

Just remember, I knew you when!

Any new pics?

No, unfortunately.

My digi doesn't take very good pics and since I moved into my new house I haven't been able to find the cord to connect it to the computer anyway.

I always borrow my sister's camera for all of my reef pics. I tried my darnedest to get it from her today, but wasn't able to.

I should be able to tomorrow.

Check back tomorrow evening for my pics, if I'm able to get the cam there should be some good stuff to drool over. :D

Eh, I figure if that happens I'll just slap on some superglue and glue it back on. ;)

If I remember right, I don't think the dremel was actually on in that pic. I think the times that it was actually on, we had our hands over his, guiding him.

So glad to hear things are looking up Needreefunds, thanks for the update!

Just remember, I knew you when!

Not only was it not on, it was not even plugged in! What kind of Grandma do you think I am??? My house-my dremel. :lol: Just wanted him to get the feel of things. When he is bigger, we'll move on to the next level.

Here's a pic of my new pride and joy, a mini colony of Tubb's Blues from MarvinsReef. Marvin is an awesome guy to work with and I couldn't be happier with these.

DSCN1693.jpg

Here's two pieces that still aren't quite showing the same polyp extension as when I first got them.

DSCN1675.jpg

DSCN1677.jpg

Here's a pic of the mini carpet anemone I got recently from dshnarw. I'm a proud momma!

DSCN1702.jpg

These next two pics are of things that are going to be relocated to my personal tank over the next couple of days.

DSCN1699.jpg

DSCN1700.jpg

I'm hoping the macro in the last pic isn't Bryopsis. Diane, can you help me out on this one?

:D I only know a few obvious types of algae! But I'd say it's not Bryopsis. Hasn't there been an ID forum thread on something similar-looking to yours recently?

That's really a beautiful type of star polyp, BTW!

--Diane

Those star polyps may actually be encrusting gorgonian, but I'm not sure yet.

It was sold to me as GSP and was the first coral I put in my aquarium. It's still one of my favorites!

Alright folks, I put new pics up for everyone and Diane is the only one who has something to say???

I've seen the viewing count on this thread, and I know you're out there!!

Yes YOU, you lurker!!!

Can't count the number of times I've been here tippy-typing on my keyboard when I sense that someone's watching, but when I turn around real fast, no-one's there!!!

Would someone at least say HI before I start to get nervous???!!! :scarry:

SweetCorraline

lol I like that last pic looks very natural with the algae, zoa, coralline, kenya tree and beautuful, strangely spread out sp's

if youre talking about that purple algae being bryopsis, im pretty sure its not. its not a nuisance algae either. I have had it in my tank and it grows sporadically here and there getting munched on and coming back. the reason i say its not a nuisance is cause it wont overtake your tank, is eaten by your CC and makes your rock look natural (if that makes sense)

OK, bubble check. ???

My tank is just about bubble free. No direct sunlight still.

So, how are your bubbles? :o

:lol:

( My zoa frags are still not happy though :angry: )

Hi

Yeeee---ow!!! :eek:

Sorry, I jumped, couldn't help myself.

Well hello to you too!

I like Weetabix, although I haven't eaten it recently.

What part of Fla. do you live in?

I used to live in Hollywood.

Awesome and creative user name, BTW.

OK, bubble check. ???

My tank is just about bubble free. No direct sunlight still.

So, how are your bubbles? :o

:lol:

( My zoa frags are still not happy though :angry: )

Well, my bare-bottom tank appears to be blithely bubble-free. :lol:

We ARE gonna figure out what's going on with your zoas.

Have you thought of testing for Magnesium, and what are your alk levels?

I've run across a couple of mentions of low Mg and Alk causing zoa problems and dosing Mg causing a very positive response in zoas. Just a thought.

AcroporaLokani
No, unfortunately.

My digi doesn't take very good pics and since I moved into my new house I haven't been able to find the cord to connect it to the computer anyway.

I always borrow my sister's camera for all of my reef pics. I tried my darnedest to get it from her today, but wasn't able to.

I should be able to tomorrow.

Check back tomorrow evening for my pics, if I'm able to get the cam there should be some good stuff to drool over. :D

Here's a pic of my new pride and joy, a mini colony of Tubb's Blues from MarvinsReef. Marvin is an awesome guy to work with and I couldn't be happier with these.

DSCN1693.jpg

Here's two pieces that still aren't quite showing the same polyp extension as when I first got them.

DSCN1675.jpg

DSCN1677.jpg

"Drools so much theres a puddle on the floor" :D

Check your mg lvl first before dosing. Remember Ca, Alk, and Mg play hand in hand to each other.
You are absolutely right about that, thanks for bringing that up for anyone tagging along here.
"Drools so much theres a puddle on the floor" :D
Bless you!!!Now I feel like all that time spent getting just the right shot was worth it!

Weetie, with a 10gal tank, WC should replace the Mg for you. idk what salt mix your using. I bought Mg to dose, but never do because WC take care of it for me.

Archived